Groups
    EXPIRED

42 Inch LCD Television

Banned
    Hello,

Ive been given permission to buy a new tv from the boss and i'm looking to replace my old plasma with a new 42in HD LCD tv, does anyone know any good deals ? this tv will probably only be a stop gap tv for a couple of years until the problems with the 3D tvs are all sorted and there price drops.

Looking in the price bracket of about £400 - Any help is greatly welcome.

10 Comments

Original Poster Banned

barky

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/42-full-hd-tv-for-299-99-delivered-bestbuy-10-quidco/868159

is isis any good at making tvs as i have genuinely never heard of them ? looking at the pictures it looks a pretty dated tv. but thanks for the link

Hi. Just a warning to you/your boss. The PRS are clamping down on TV's in the workplace, so as a precaution buy one and get it delivered to your home then the TV seller doesn't report your works address. I have had these people breathing down my neck for a couple of years, in the end they came to our office (un announced) and proved to them that we no longer have a TV...all we have is a 42" Plasma monitor from Samsung
    MAKRO is a good place to start looking for TV's as they give perfect VAT receipts although not always the cheapest

Don't bother with NO-NAME tiddly wink stuff.
    Do yourself, and your boss, a favour and pop into your nearest John Lewis.
    All their TV's come with great 5 year warranty.

Original Poster Banned

katgriff

Don't bother with NO-NAME tiddly wink stuff. Do yourself, and your boss, … Don't bother with NO-NAME tiddly wink stuff. Do yourself, and your boss, a favour and pop into your nearest John Lewis.All their TV's come with great 5 year warranty.

sorry folks ive miss informed you by the term 'boss', its not actually at my work place but my partner. haahah. i think i agree i'm going to stay away from brands i dont know and go with your typical, samsung, sony, panisonic, LG brands.

LG Are good.... I prefer Sony

I bought a 42" Ultra flat LED LG TV. Its really good, I got told by the salesman that because it is only 50hz then it will struggle for fast moving games/movies I mentioned I play black ops and he said that is one of the games I would have problems with.. what a load of rubbish, I play quite a bit and haven't noticed so much as a flicker of a stutter. (Think he was trying to move me onto one of the more expensive pannasonic plasmas).

I got mine for £499 from Curry's in January. But I actually posted it cheaper at Amazon a few months back

This is the one, but you should be able to find it cheaper now

hotukdeals.com/dea…651

Edited by: "jonny619447" 9th Feb 2011

I would stick with plasma as if you are used to a plasma screen you will be let down with LCD.

I know it's personal choice but i much prefer the deepeer, richer colours you get with a plasma.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1953
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553752
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767179
      4. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2628

See more discussions