Groups
    EXPIRED

42'' Plasma Screen HD Ready TV - Best Deals Please

Hi Guys and gals -

Hope you can help me out on this one.

Im looking for a 42'' HD Ready - Plasma TV and wondeing what deals have you lot come accross out there and which is better suited for my needs. As my area hasnt got HD or Digital yet (I have got Sky) we will be watching Standard Definition on this TV. I have a budget of around £700 but if I could save a few pennies it would be all good.

I have been looking at this which goes under £700 with the 5% code.
    currys.co.uk/mar…725

Thanks

Bryan

22 Comments

[url]www.laskys.com[/url]

Panasonic TH42PX70 - £750

Bit over budget but seems to be getting excellent reviews if you can stretch.

dips

[url]www.laskys.com[/url]Panasonic TH42PX70 - £750Bit over budget but … [url]www.laskys.com[/url]Panasonic TH42PX70 - £750Bit over budget but seems to be getting excellent reviews if you can stretch.

Brought this from John Lewis,excellent plasma.

Original Poster

greg_68

][COLOR="Red"]this[/COLOR] as an alternative. Around the same … ][COLOR="Red"]this[/COLOR] as an alternative. Around the same price.][COLOR="Red"]LG for £600[/COLOR]][COLOR="Red"]good site for plasma comparisons.[/COLOR]

Thanks very much. The LG looks good. £69.99 delivery - do they post it via helicopter? lol. Like the idea of the 'pay feb next year' though. Never had a finance loan thing before though.

Thanks again.

Bryan

Original Poster

smashed

http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82Have a look around … http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82Have a look around here also

Thanks, its good.

Bryan

Original Poster

dips

[url]www.laskys.com[/url]Panasonic TH42PX70 - £750Bit over budget but … [url]www.laskys.com[/url]Panasonic TH42PX70 - £750Bit over budget but seems to be getting excellent reviews if you can stretch.

Thanks, I like a few on that site, are they a good company?

Bryan

Original Poster

thfccambs

Brought this from John Lewis,excellent plasma.

Thanks, been looking around and it has got great reviews. Thanks for your help.

Bry

Bryan839

Thanks, I like a few on that site, are they a good company?Bryan

The site is owned by the same people as Comet, hence the same layout. So dont worry there.

Also, dont forget that John Lewis will pricematch any other proper shop.. a lot of e-retailers have a shop somewhere. This means that you can then get JL to pricematch, with the benefit of a 5 year warranty
    Well worth it. More info on that on AVForums also.

Original Poster

smashed

The site is owned by the same people as Comet, hence the same layout. So … The site is owned by the same people as Comet, hence the same layout. So dont worry there.Also, dont forget that John Lewis will pricematch any other proper shop.. a lot of e-retailers have a shop somewhere. This means that you can then get JL to pricematch, with the benefit of a 5 year warranty :)Well worth it. More info on that on AVForums also.

Thanks for the info.

Bryan

i have an lg, a slightly better model than the one posted here but the same panel is used i believe. Its a fantastic set too, i love it and so far no problems ( 3 months). i don't understand the postage though, as its about half the weight of a normal plasma lol.

Original Poster

shanecr

i have an lg, a slightly better model than the one posted here but the … i have an lg, a slightly better model than the one posted here but the same panel is used i believe. Its a fantastic set too, i love it and so far no problems ( 3 months). i don't understand the postage though, as its about half the weight of a normal plasma lol.

Lol, thanks mate, I might get that TV, and pay next year.
    Dont know yet, never had a credit before, I have always paid up front.
    Bryan

i just checked that lg link, and it is my tv lol. a fantastic set, and i paid £800 for mine.

Original Poster

shanecr

i just checked that lg link, and it is my tv lol. a fantastic set, and i … i just checked that lg link, and it is my tv lol. a fantastic set, and i paid £800 for mine.

lol. It sounds good, I may go for this. Or the currys one I liked.

Bryan

greg_68

][COLOR="Red"]LG for £600[/COLOR]

I like this TV but it will be another £69.99 for delivery !!

Original Poster

Thanks, I went for currys.co.uk/mar…725

FANTASTIC tv, easy to set up, and looks amazing, the website picture doesnt do it justice, its way more glossy and picture quality is amazing, even from SD sources.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/television/plasma/images/q96_lrg.jpg

is it 1080p?

you are not going to get true 1080p at this price range

how much will i need to spend?!

The Panasonic TH-42pz700b (1080p) is approx £1800

around £1k

or £599.99 in this thread here ]http//ww…586
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Has anyone found any Baileys Pumpkin Spiced for sale in the UK ?11