43" to 55" 4k gaming TV options at black friday

Posted 25th Nov
I'm currently using a 2012 Samsung 40" 1080p VA panel which is starting to croak (and has done me very well, given it was purchased in Cambodia and has lived in Malaysia, France, and England since). I have a PS4, PS3, OG xbox, and a PC connected (i5 + gtx970) and will be using this with my new TV, and it will be receiving my RX5700xt sometime next year to boost gaming performance (I'm quite happy playing at 1080p for now too). High refresh 120hz at 1080p and 1440p with Freesync would be AMAZING! But I don't *need* it - I still use the TV for watching series and films about 70% of the time.

Anyway ... the space that I have for my TV fits between a 43" and 49" perfectly, with a 55" being possible but probably slightly too large and overhanging (which I can manage if necessary).

Unfortunately the gaming-oriented TVs I want (Samsung Q60 55") have their Freesync feature start at the 55" models. Also, whilst I'm prepared to pay £650 or so, I would probably prefer to get most of the experience and goodness but at around half the price.

I would like YPrPb component input for me xbox, but it's not mandatory. An optical out socket is definitely desired as I already have an acceptable sound bar. I like the Philips Ambilight feature conceptually - not sure if it's worth it in reality. HDR is cool, but local dimming is expensive - I'm aware that this will be a desired feature in future.

Mostly, I want whatever I choose to be good value and worth me spending the money on the gains in image quality for films and acceptable latency for games (and no screen burn). Smart functionality and compatibility with Freeview Play etc is appreciated, but I'm connecting a PS4 (eventually PS5) and PC to it, so I'm not desperate for the absolute best function here.

Ideal spending is under £400 but up to £650 or so could be acceptable if justified.

What the heck do I purchase? I'm so confused with all of the different models. Is there a specific model or range from a brand I should be buying?

Any help is genuinely appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Hey rtings.com is best for tv reviews and they released best gaming tvs you could buy video, 2 weeks ago

They compare tvs specifications in details so I’m sure you will make your final decision after watching them.

Good luck
One more thing, join Reddit and post your request on r/gaming subreddit, you will receive recommendations from experienced gamers around the world.
GreatnessAwaits26/11/2019 13:39

Hey https://www.rtings.com is best for tv reviews and they released best …Hey https://www.rtings.com is best for tv reviews and they released best gaming tvs you could buy video, 2 weeks ago [Video] They compare tvs specifications in details so I’m sure you will make your final decision after watching them.Good luck

Thanks for your help. I caved and orderd the Hisense H50B7500UK here, based on decent reviews and the like. I'll be glad that I saved a few hundred pounds in the end, and will only cancel my order if the Samsung 55inch Q60 or 55inch RU8000 drop down to near 500GBP (in which case I'll pay the extra for Freesync support and 120hz).

hotukdeals.com/dea…055
Beehj8426/11/2019 16:10

Thanks for your help. I caved and orderd the Hisense H50B7500UK here, …Thanks for your help. I caved and orderd the Hisense H50B7500UK here, based on decent reviews and the like. I'll be glad that I saved a few hundred pounds in the end, and will only cancel my order if the Samsung 55inch Q60 or 55inch RU8000 drop down to near 500GBP (in which case I'll pay the extra for Freesync support and 120hz). https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hisense-h50b7500uk-2019-led-hdr-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-50-with-freeview-play-blacksilver-349-delivered-at-john-lewis-3343055

Samsung 7100 is available for £374 and expected to drop further this Friday (hopefully) 7100 has ~10ms input lag I guess - please confirm. But I would prefer Samsung over any other model for 2 reasons - justice to 4K and justice to XBOX.
Sidjo2327/11/2019 09:53

Samsung 7100 is available for £374 and expected to drop further this …Samsung 7100 is available for £374 and expected to drop further this Friday (hopefully) 7100 has ~10ms input lag I guess - please confirm. But I would prefer Samsung over any other model for 2 reasons - justice to 4K and justice to XBOX.

I wouldn't get the 7100 personally, and would rather the 7400 at least (IIRC). Having the wider colour gamut for HDR is a feature I decided was non-negotiable in the end. Good luck!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions