Expired

45 x 30" frame????

Found 17th Aug 2012
After the photobox deal the other day i now need a 45 x 30" frame, has anybody got any idea of anywhere that does this size frame? it doesn't matter if its a clip frame either.

Many thanks.
Community Updates
Misc
19 Comments
I asked the same thing a few days ago. Only one person replied saying that they found a frame at over £50 or Ikea had one but it was about 10cm too small.
****!!
what 'A' size is this size frame anyone?
kellee

what 'A' size is this size frame anyone?

You would be after an A0 frame, you might need a border also to make it fit as A0 is 46.8 x 33.1 in.
I've also got two A0 posters, when I last searched for a decent frame it was expensive but there were cheaper plastic alternatives 2 for about £30.
Take it to a local picture framer. I've done this a few times, it's not that expensive and looks far better than an off the shelf effort from the likes of Ikea.
moob

Take it to a local picture framer. I've done this a few times, it's not … Take it to a local picture framer. I've done this a few times, it's not that expensive and looks far better than an off the shelf effort from the likes of Ikea.

I second this
Cheaper to get a canvas than to get a poster and frame it.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Your-Photo-Picture-On-Canvas-Size-A0-A1-A2-A3-A4-A5-A6-Box-Framed-Ready-To-Hang-/221027847904?pt=UK_Art_CanvasGiclee_RL&var=&hash=item3376494ee0
Can get that for £38.99 delivered on canvas.
Poster frame = £35+
Better the canvas I say
gpawan

Cheaper to get a canvas than to get a poster and frame … Cheaper to get a canvas than to get a poster and frame it.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Your-Photo-Picture-On-Canvas-Size-A0-A1-A2-A3-A4-A5-A6-Box-Framed-Ready-To-Hang-/221027847904?pt=UK_Art_CanvasGiclee_RL&var=&hash=item3376494ee0Can get that for £38.99 delivered on canvas.Poster frame = £35+Better the canvas I say

Depends what you want from the picture, every canvas i've ever bought doesn't have the clarity of a good photo/poster, they are good and cheaper overall but that's for a reason.

By the way was anyone else impressed with the quality of them? I thought they were very good, had a few before for about £10-£15 A0/A1 and this is better quality than all of them!, will definitely consider using again.
I had two made, one which was a single photo and another which was a mosaic of lots of my other photos. The single photo one came out ok. I guess the picture resolution simply wasn't quite good enough.

The mosaic one though I'm really impressed with. It's why I'm looking for a frame now.
jamesjamesjamesjamesjames

Depends what you want from the picture, every canvas i've ever bought … Depends what you want from the picture, every canvas i've ever bought doesn't have the clarity of a good photo/poster, they are good and cheaper overall but that's for a reason.By the way was anyone else impressed with the quality of them? I thought they were very good, had a few before for about £10-£15 A0/A1 and this is better quality than all of them!, will definitely consider using again.

I disagree.
Canvas quality is far superior to any poster.
Although if you like posters then that's your own preference and I don't have anything against that.
gpawan

I disagree.Canvas quality is far superior to any poster.Although if you … I disagree.Canvas quality is far superior to any poster.Although if you like posters then that's your own preference and I don't have anything against that.

Ahh fair enough however I think you're very wrong, the quality is mainly down to the dpi (dots per inch) and as most canvasses are printed with less dpi then they are inferior quality. Basically the more dots there are they means they are smaller which means you get nearer to a true image.

However this does not mean one is better than the other, it's all down to personal taste, I get both photos/posters and canvasses printed quite regularly and normally use the same 2/3 places, although i've tried many more including local places and big companies like jessops.

Where do you get the canvasses from? I'd be very interested to know so that I could consider trying them if I haven't already :-)

Edited by: "jamesjamesjamesjamesjames" 18th Aug 2012
jamesjamesjamesjamesjames

You would be after an A0 frame, you might need a border also to make it … You would be after an A0 frame, you might need a border also to make it fit as A0 is 46.8 x 33.1 in.I've also got two A0 posters, when I last searched for a decent frame it was expensive but there were cheaper plastic alternatives 2 for about £30.

Hi Can you tell me where could you get Cheaper plastic frame for 45" X 30" poster??
Seems I didn't think ahead either! I've got a 45x30inch picture coming and no frame.

I was considering just buying some wood edging from a DIY place, and then attaching it top and bottom, like the frame clips I saw on ebay, but I'd much prefer a frame with a clear cover to protect it and make it look nicer. Don't really want to pay £30+ tho, when I only paid 8 for the pic!
Looking for a frame to fit my poster aswell. Right pain in the backside. Any luck anybody?
bfam4th Oct

Looking for a frame to fit my poster aswell. Right pain in the backside. …Looking for a frame to fit my poster aswell. Right pain in the backside. Any luck anybody?

What I ended up doing is buying a cheap canvas print, was about 5ft across, off the facebook trading pages (or ebay, or small ads), and then putting black paper on the reverse, then attaching my poster to that. Should I ever change my mind about it, I can spin it around and use the standard NY Taxi scene it was meant to show.
Edited by: "annp1" 13th Oct
annp116 h, 44 m ago

What I ended up doing is buying a cheap canvas print, was about 5ft …What I ended up doing is buying a cheap canvas print, was about 5ft across, off the facebook trading pages (or ebay, or small ads), and then putting black paper on the reverse, then attaching my poster to that. Should I ever change my mind about it, I can spin it around and use the standard NY Taxi scene it was meant to show.

Not a bad idea. How did you attach your poster to the canvas?
bfam2 h, 34 m ago

Not a bad idea. How did you attach your poster to the canvas?

Oh just those sticky dots you can buy, like the little patches of clear gunk they attach loyalty cards to backing paper with, or gift cards to the bit of card to hang them up in store with. I bought the ones on a roll and just used the whole pack, going along each edge to ensure a secure fix.
35622817-A6nbo.jpgNot ideal - but it worked well enough for me.
annp158 m ago

Oh just those sticky dots you can buy, like the little patches of clear …Oh just those sticky dots you can buy, like the little patches of clear gunk they attach loyalty cards to backing paper with, or gift cards to the bit of card to hang them up in store with. I bought the ones on a roll and just used the whole pack, going along each edge to ensure a secure fix.[Image] Not ideal - but it worked well enough for me.

Ok thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants