£450 circumcision training dummy "PULLED" from Amazon

Top comments

DKLS6 m ago

Training!!! the last time I saw a circumcision in Israel, the only …Training!!! the last time I saw a circumcision in Israel, the only preparation the Rabbi did was drink a load of wine. Made for some very uncomfortable viewing as he didn't seem to be erm clinically trained.

You think it was uncomfortable for you?

Child Genital Mutilation is sickening. If they want to make a covenant with their god, they should wait until the child is 18 when he can consciously and with consent make that decision himself.
58 Comments

saltygaz

Training!!! the last time I saw a circumcision in Israel, the only preparation the Rabbi did was drink a load of wine.
Made for some very uncomfortable viewing as he didn't seem to be erm clinically trained.

Even with the Flamedeer I think this signifies too much internet for me today. Never seen anything like it!

DKLS6 m ago

Training!!! the last time I saw a circumcision in Israel, the only …Training!!! the last time I saw a circumcision in Israel, the only preparation the Rabbi did was drink a load of wine. Made for some very uncomfortable viewing as he didn't seem to be erm clinically trained.

DKLS18 m ago

deeky11 m ago

Hey, he wasn't a complete dick... alcohol was used as a precautionary measure before surgery.

DKLS20 m ago

Didn't stop you watching though.

deeky58 m ago

Graham197943 m ago

Didn't stop you watching though.

Yes it was uncomfortable for me to watch. I winced a couple of time

and I didn't stop watching as I was working the bar and also busy pouring the Rabbi his wine.

Child Genital Mutilation is sickening. If they want to make a covenant with their god, they should wait until the child is 18 when he can consciously and with consent make that decision himself.

lockwoodisbored39 m ago

Child Genital Mutilation is sickening. If they want to make a covenant …Child Genital Mutilation is sickening. If they want to make a covenant with their god, they should wait until the child is 18 when he can consciously and with consent make that decision himself.

Abrahamic religions follow this custom, but also 60% of babies in US are circumsized, this is because of the health benefits (backed by US health agencies) prevents urinary-tract infection, lowers likelihood of penile cancer = ancient wisdom.

As for having a circumcision at 18 - surely better to have it after a few days old than traumatic surgery at age 18.

davewave16 m ago

Abrahamic religions follow this custom, but also 60% of babies in US are …Abrahamic religions follow this custom, but also 60% of babies in US are circumsized, this is because of the health benefits (backed by US health agencies) prevents urinary-tract infection, lowers likelihood of penile cancer = ancient wisdom.As for having a circumcision at 18 - surely better to have it after a few days old than traumatic surgery at age 18.

So you're a fan of circumcision?

CoeK23 m ago

no its sensible, primarily for medical reasons and less importantly to several religions.

davewave1 m ago

no its sensible, primarily for medical reasons and less importantly to …no its sensible, primarily for medical reasons and less importantly to several religions.

So you're saying you would have it done or do it for your kids for medical reasons?

Well at least nobody had the chance to post it as a deal..

davewave45 m ago

Abrahamic religions follow this custom, but also 60% of babies in US are …Abrahamic religions follow this custom, but also 60% of babies in US are circumsized, this is because of the health benefits (backed by US health agencies) prevents urinary-tract infection, lowers likelihood of penile cancer = ancient wisdom.As for having a circumcision at 18 - surely better to have it after a few days old than traumatic surgery at age 18.

I know it’s prominent amongst certain Muslims and Jews, I’m not certain which denominations of Christians are proponents.

Presumably you mean 60% of male babies? I had heard that was to do with a public health campaign stating circumcision prevented the child from m*****bating, which spurred adoption (of circumcision). Not sure if that’s accurate.

What I find most interesting is that if you look at where the funding for these studies comes from, it’s often Israel, or from other groups that have a vested interest in promoting the practice.

What’s most concerning is the manner in which the child is circumcised (in keeping with religious tradition). A Rabbi, not a medical professional, lops off a part of the child, then puts his mouth round to ‘clean’. Children have contracted various illnesses from the practice: a moment on Google will display various such cases.

You’re missing the point: you’ve said that genital mutilation is traumatic for an 18 year. It’s traumatic for the child, who goes into a state of shock following the procedure. At 18, the adult consents to the act. It would be a testament of faith, and it’s done with his consent which means there’s no problem.

I’m not against Muslims or Jews or religion whatsoever, but I’m vehemently opposed to child genital mutilation.

CoeK6 m ago

So you're saying you would have it done or do it for your kids for medical …So you're saying you would have it done or do it for your kids for medical reasons?

Lets keep it to an objective debate.

Unsure how personal you're planning to go with this line of questions.

32840315-ZIjnu.jpg

lockwoodisbored11 m ago

I know it’s prominent amongst certain Muslims and Jews, I’m not certain whi …I know it’s prominent amongst certain Muslims and Jews, I’m not certain which denominations of Christians are proponents.Presumably you mean 60% of male babies? I had heard that was to do with a public health campaign stating circumcision prevented the child from m*****bating, which spurred adoption (of circumcision). Not sure if that’s accurate.What I find most interesting is that if you look at where the funding for these studies comes from, it’s often Israel, or from other groups that have a vested interest in promoting the practice.What’s most concerning is the manner in which the child is circumcised (in keeping with religious tradition). A Rabbi, not a medical professional, lops off a part of the child, then puts his mouth round to ‘clean’. Children have contracted various illnesses from the practice: a moment on Google will display various such cases.You’re missing the point: you’ve said that genital mutilation is traumatic for an 18 year. It’s traumatic for the child, who goes into a state of shock following the procedure. At 18, the adult consents to the act. It would be a testament of faith, and it’s done with his consent which means there’s no problem.I’m not against Muslims or Jews or religion whatsoever, but I’m vehemently opposed to child genital mutilation.

Wow. Vehemently opposed
You know its probably not worth you worrying about it given the health benefits and the fact its optional and is beneficial not damaging
(as opposed to FGM which is damaging and illegal - maybe focus on that for a while?)

davewave3 m ago

Wow. Vehemently opposed You know its probably not worth you worrying about …Wow. Vehemently opposed You know its probably not worth you worrying about it given the health benefits and the fact its optional and is beneficial not damaging (as opposed to FGM which is damaging and illegal - maybe focus on that for a while?)

It’s not optional for the child.

davewave14 m ago

Lets keep it to an objective debate.Unsure how personal you're planning to …Lets keep it to an objective debate.Unsure how personal you're planning to go with this line of questions.[Image]

As long as it stops before pics by PM...

davewave17 m ago

Lets keep it to an objective debate.Unsure how personal you're planning to …Lets keep it to an objective debate.Unsure how personal you're planning to go with this line of questions.[Image]

I think it is pretty simple. Do you think the medical benefits in a first world country are worth cutting off a piece of a baby that can't be replaced? And therefore is it something you would be happy to do or have done?

fivegoldstars3 m ago

As long as it stops before pics by PM...

Awww

DKLS2 h, 2 m ago

Yes it was uncomfortable for me to watch. I winced a couple of timeand I …Yes it was uncomfortable for me to watch. I winced a couple of timeand I didn't stop watching as I was working the bar and also busy pouring the Rabbi his wine.

Nice

davewave2 h, 5 m ago

Health benefits backed by US health agencies. Are these same ones banned from saying various words such as fetus, viable, etc.
Most mammals have a covering to protect their genitals. I’m on evolutions side with this one. Leave well alone. Though I do support it being done either voluntarily after 18 or if a genuine medical need arises.

32841523-akt5K.jpg

CoeK1 h, 14 m ago

I think it is pretty simple. Do you think the medical benefits in a first …I think it is pretty simple. Do you think the medical benefits in a first world country are worth cutting off a piece of a baby that can't be replaced? And therefore is it something you would be happy to do or have done?

You don't? I think it's medically sound procedure. I said before that it was sensible. Perhaps reread my comments.

Graham19791 h, 10 m ago

Nice

I preferred working the bar at bar & bat mitzvahs, the guests tipped better and there was less claret on show

DKLS12 m ago

the guests tipped better

Edited by: "fivegoldstars" 20th Dec 2017

Oneday7728 m ago

Health benefits backed by US health agencies. Are these same ones banned …Health benefits backed by US health agencies. Are these same ones banned from saying various words such as fetus, viable, etc. Most mammals have a covering to protect their genitals. I’m on evolutions side with this one. Leave well alone. Though I do support it being done either voluntarily after 18 or if a genuine medical need arises.

Yes leaving it to nature would mean people still died from a huge range of preventable diseases - would you get rid of medicine altogether then?

It's entirely up to you, no skin off my ....nose

lockwoodisbored1 h, 42 m ago

It’s not optional for the child.

nothing is optional for a child - optional for the parents/guardians which is equivalent and is beneficial, so no need to panic.

lockwoodisbored1 h, 59 m ago

I know it’s prominent amongst certain Muslims and Jews, I’m not certain whi …I know it’s prominent amongst certain Muslims and Jews, I’m not certain which denominations of Christians are proponents.Presumably you mean 60% of male babies? I had heard that was to do with a public health campaign stating circumcision prevented the child from m*****bating, which spurred adoption (of circumcision). Not sure if that’s accurate.What I find most interesting is that if you look at where the funding for these studies comes from, it’s often Israel, or from other groups that have a vested interest in promoting the practice.What’s most concerning is the manner in which the child is circumcised (in keeping with religious tradition). A Rabbi, not a medical professional, lops off a part of the child, then puts his mouth round to ‘clean’. Children have contracted various illnesses from the practice: a moment on Google will display various such cases.You’re missing the point: you’ve said that genital mutilation is traumatic for an 18 year. It’s traumatic for the child, who goes into a state of shock following the procedure. At 18, the adult consents to the act. It would be a testament of faith, and it’s done with his consent which means there’s no problem.I’m not against Muslims or Jews or religion whatsoever, but I’m vehemently opposed to child genital mutilation.

yes most things are traumatic for a baby. This is a medically safe procedure, legal and is recommended by the medical profession.

davewave12 m ago

recommended by the medical profession.

Really?
From NHS website: It's rare for circumcision to be recommended for medical reasons in boys. This is because other less invasive and less risky treatments are usually available.
Edited by: "fivegoldstars" 20th Dec 2017

CoeK2 h, 43 m ago

I didn't like their second album

fivegoldstars5 m ago

Really?From NHS website: It's rare for circumcision to be recommended for …Really?From NHS website: It's rare for circumcision to be recommended for medical reasons in boys. This is because other less invasive and less risky treatments are usually available.

Yes. Really.

Circumcision
The American Urological Association, Inc.® (AUA) believes that neonatal circumcision has potential medical benefits and advantages as well as disadvantages and risks. Neonatal circumcision is generally a safe procedure when performed by an experienced operator. There are immediate risks to circumcision such as bleeding, infection and penile injury, as well as complications recognized later that may include buried penis, meatal stenosis, skin bridges, chordee and poor cosmetic appearance. Some of these complications may require surgical correction. Nevertheless, when performed on healthy newborn infants as an elective procedure, the incidence of serious complications is extremely low. The minor complications are reported to be three percent.

Properly performed neonatal circumcision prevents phimosis, paraphimosis and balanoposthitis, and is associated with a markedly decreased incidence of cancer of the penis among U.S. males. In addition, there is a connection between the foreskin and urinary tract infections in the neonate. For the first three to six months of life, the incidence of urinary tract infections is at least ten times higher in uncircumcised than circumcised boys. Evidence associating neonatal circumcision with reduced incidence of sexually transmitted diseases is conflicting depending on the disease. While there is no effect on the rates of syphilis or gonorrhea, studies performed in African nations provide convincing evidence that circumcision reduces, by 50-60 percent, the risk of transmitting the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) to HIV negative men through sexual contact with HIV positive females. There are also reports that circumcision may reduce the risk of Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) infection. While the results of studies in other cultures may not necessarily be extrapolated to men in the United States at risk for HIV infection, the AUA recommends that circumcision should be presented as an option for health benefits. Circumcision should not be offered as the only strategy for HIV and/or HPV risk reduction. Other methods of HIV and/or HPV risk reduction, including safe sexual practices, should be emphasized. Circumcision may be required in a small number of uncircumcised boys when phimosis, paraphimosis or recurrent balanoposthitis occur and may be requested for ethnic and cultural reasons after the newborn period. Circumcision in these children usually requires general anesthesia.

The risks and disadvantages of circumcision are encountered early whereas the advantages and benefits are prospective. When circumcision is being discussed with parents and informed consent obtained, medical benefits and risks, and ethnic, cultural, religious and individual preferences should be considered.

davewave27 m ago

Yes leaving it to nature would mean people still died from a huge range of …Yes leaving it to nature would mean people still died from a huge range of preventable diseases - would you get rid of medicine altogether then?

As a famous man once said, “ You’re being Obtuse”. If you even read what I wrote you would see I back it for voluntary and essential medical procedures.

By your reckoning all breasts and prostates should be removed. They are major killers in the wrong person. I’ve never heard of a cheesy knob killing anyone. Not that I doubt it, it’s much rarer than it becoming a viable preventative procedure.

Oneday775 m ago

As a famous man once said, “ You’re being Obtuse”. If you even read what I …As a famous man once said, “ You’re being Obtuse”. If you even read what I wrote you would see I back it for voluntary and essential medical procedures. By your reckoning all breasts and prostates should be removed. They are major killers in the wrong person. I’ve never heard of a cheesy knob killing anyone. Not that I doubt it, it’s much rarer than it becoming a viable preventative procedure.

by my reckoning a foreskin is superfluous and unnecessary.

However your make a false equivalence with removal of prostates and breasts which obviously serve important functions before conception and in the early life of a baby, respectively.

I hesitate to ask, but what is it about the male foreskin which you think is important.

davewave17 m ago

neonatal circumcision has potential medical benefits and advantages as …neonatal circumcision has potential medical benefits and advantages as well as disadvantages and risks.

That's hardly a glowing recommendation.

Nope, no flamedeer here (not suprised)

lockwoodisbored2 h, 53 m ago

I had heard that was to do with a public health campaign stating …I had heard that was to do with a public health campaign stating circumcision prevented the child from m*****bating, which spurred adoption (of circumcision). Not sure if that’s accurate.

It is indeed accurate. It was John Harvey Kellogg who popularised the practise, he also thought eating cereal for breakfast would dull the libido so invented Corn Flakes.

Still for sale in the US. I'd put money on them being back on sale in a month or two.

I got some animal training devices which cause serious injuries to dogs removed from Amazon UK, after a lot of work. They were never removed from Amazon US and are now back on sale again on Amazon UK. Like they thought they could just put them back at a later date and no one would bother to check.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions