Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

49” 4K TV - thoughts

Posted 17th Apr
Hi All

Looking at upgrading my front room telly - budget approx £5/600

Anyone know if the below is decent for general use at the price quoted and to use with a Xbox one X.

Just wanting any thoughts or alternate recommendations

Thanks

richersounds.com/tv-…tml
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
They’ve got a decent 65” toshiba 4k hdr10 for £420
toonsquirel17/04/2020 11:34

They’ve got a decent 65” toshiba 4k hdr10 for £420

Sorry buddy - has to be 49” given where it’s going in the room

Thanks though matey
I had an email from Richer Sounds yesterday, 50” if you can squeeze it in but didn’t look too bad...
richersounds.com/sam…-17
Yes! Got one just a week ago to replace a 49” LG 4K tv which had developed purple patches on the screen. The picture quality in both SD, HD and 4K is significantly better than the LG we had (which was highly rated when it came out in 2017). I haven’t even begun to tinker with any settings as it’s all pretty good right out the box.

The sound is fairly good for a modern TV. Acceptable for everyday TV watching but as with most TV’s you’ll be best served by a decent sound bar, etc. The last Samsung we had a few years back had a woeful, tinny sound but this is decent. The LG had a fuller but frequently muddy sound. I suspect I can improve things when I tinker with the equaliser but I will get a surround system when I can afford.

The OS is quick and I’ve had no issues with any apps or wi-fi connection.

I’ve also got it hooked up to my PS4 Pro and am very impressed with ‘game mode’.

Zero noticeable lag compared to the LG. Games look great.

So far, very happy. Could of got a bigger screen for less but no doubt with corners cut in other areas. Besides which, you are limited by size and budget. Don’t think you’ll find much better.

Oh, and the 6 year warranty seals it!
Beltin
bigvic17/04/2020 13:00

I had an email from Richer Sounds yesterday, 50” if you can squeeze it in b …I had an email from Richer Sounds yesterday, 50” if you can squeeze it in but didn’t look too bad...https://www.richersounds.com/samsung-ue50ru7020.html?utm_source=emailmarketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20200416__mixed__unsent_actives&utm_content=2020-04-17

Will check over measurements now thanks matey
Trevormal17/04/2020 13:08

Yes! Got one just a week ago to replace a 49” LG 4K tv which had d …Yes! Got one just a week ago to replace a 49” LG 4K tv which had developed purple patches on the screen. The picture quality in both SD, HD and 4K is significantly better than the LG we had (which was highly rated when it came out in 2017). I haven’t even begun to tinker with any settings as it’s all pretty good right out the box.The sound is fairly good for a modern TV. Acceptable for everyday TV watching but as with most TV’s you’ll be best served by a decent sound bar, etc. The last Samsung we had a few years back had a woeful, tinny sound but this is decent. The LG had a fuller but frequently muddy sound. I suspect I can improve things when I tinker with the equaliser but I will get a surround system when I can afford.The OS is quick and I’ve had no issues with any apps or wi-fi connection.I’ve also got it hooked up to my PS4 Pro and am very impressed with ‘game mode’.Zero noticeable lag compared to the LG. Games look great.So far, very happy. Could of got a bigger screen for less but no doubt with corners cut in other areas. Besides which, you are limited by size and budget. Don’t think you’ll find much better.Oh, and the 6 year warranty seals it!

Ah belting matey - you’ve practically sold it to me
sohailh198417/04/2020 13:21

Ah belting matey - you’ve practically sold it to me

Don't forget to use code SPRING20 at checkout to get £20 off if you do go for it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions