4G and LTE

Found 25th Jul
My partner has a Galaxy J5 and instead of 4G appearing at the top, it states LTE.

Anyway of changing this to 4G?! It's a bit odd.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask4G
10 Comments
LTE is basically 4G anyway, the same way H+ is basically 3G. I don't think you can change it though.
Edited by: "jamie015" 25th Jul
I have a few phones showing 4G or LTE.
LTE is technology or protocol which achieves 4G data speed.
Just a default notification icon that lits up to indicate that you are connected to a network (LTE or 4G icon).
splender39 m ago

I have a few phones showing 4G or LTE.LTE is technology or protocol which …I have a few phones showing 4G or LTE.LTE is technology or protocol which achieves 4G data speed.Just a default notification icon that lits up to indicate that you are connected to a network (LTE or 4G icon).

Can't I change it to 4G?
superfreddy19 m ago

Can't I change it to 4G?

No as it is 4g
Our iPads all say 4G on EE as does my Redmi 5a - iPhones on the other hand on Virgin all say LTE - Not noticed any real difference in speed or connection quality though.
superfreddy35 m ago

Can't I change it to 4G?

Never bothered me. But now you mentioned it, I shall have a closer scrutiny the notification area and how signal strength and data rate are displayed.
LTE is what everyone actually gets. 4G was a target speed that was set by government but never actually achieved (at the time). When they realised that it couldn't be achieved the phone companies went to the government with LTE and it was agreed that this lower, achievable, target would be allowed to be called 4G. It didn't! matter anyway as there was no actual use for the higher speeds at the time.
5G asked is supposed to be 20 Gigabits per second - what game, application or handset is capable of utilising utilising speed. A bit like the bloke on the motorway in the £500,000 supercar being stuck in the traffic jam doing 20 mph - great bragging rights but what's the advantage over the guy with the little second hand banger?
splender6 h, 20 m ago

Never bothered me. But now you mentioned it, I shall have a closer …Never bothered me. But now you mentioned it, I shall have a closer scrutiny the notification area and how signal strength and data rate are displayed.

Yeah it annoys me. What's the point of a H symbol with arrows?!
You'll always have arrows informing you about downloading or uploading data. If there's any traffic/transfer they will change colour.

It's been in mobiles since forever, can't understand why it's so frustrating to you.
Edited by: "mike28uk" 26th Jul
superfreddy5 h, 27 m ago

Yeah it annoys me. What's the point of a H symbol with arrows?!

H symbol is basically 2G, whereas H+ is basically 3G. There might be small differences, but they are pretty much equivalent.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants