4g Mobile Broadband Router

Posted 15th Mar
hi what is a good 4g plus mobile router, I want one that I can insert a SIM into and away I go. Also it must be able to take an external aerial, and operate via mains.
Price is not a restriction
Virgin 100mb will be increasing my monthly charge from £20 to 50 at end of month and it's about time I jumped ship again.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Put your notice in to leave and retentions will ring you back to give you a better offer
Arto15/03/2020 14:58

Put your notice in to leave and retentions will ring you back to give you …Put your notice in to leave and retentions will ring you back to give you a better offer

Will call them tomorrow
That criteria likely satisfied by approx £100 Huawei B525 plus your choice of antennae, example amazon.co.uk//dp…8L/
AndyRoyd15/03/2020 16:22

That criteria likely satisfied by approx £100 Huawei B525 plus your choice …That criteria likely satisfied by approx £100 Huawei B525 plus your choice of antennae, example https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071CYR18L/

Use with Voxi's unlimited data £10/m no contract no credit check base package, assuming your Voda signal is OK or better.
Will be fine until Voxi graduates counting college and can actually implement bandwidth restrictions, until then fill your umetered data boots.
Huawei B535 or B525

uk.webuy.com/pro…ter
Edited by: "Cisco060606" 15th Mar
Hi all it looks like it will be the Huawei I'll go for, I already have a 3 SIM, the one that gave unlimited everything for 24 months, and a Voxi SIM in my note 10 dual SIM. Three in.my area used to be excellent but now crap even though mast is 2 mins walk away from me. Three tech support are just no good, at my parents house it is still the same excellent signal and that is 3/4 a mile from me. I use Voxi and switch data to three if I can't get signal on Voxi.
I’m in a rural location so I use a sim in a TP-Link Archer MR200 AC750 4g router connected to an outdoor antenna dome and get very good results. You can pick a preowned one up on eBay for a decent price.
AndyRoyd15/03/2020 16:24

Use with Voxi's unlimited data £10/m no contract no credit check base …Use with Voxi's unlimited data £10/m no contract no credit check base package, assuming your Voda signal is OK or better.Will be fine until Voxi graduates counting college and can actually implement bandwidth restrictions, until then fill your umetered data boots.

How do you get it for £10 it’s showing £20 for 60gb for me
TinaSandell17/03/2020 16:26

How do you get it for £10 it’s showing £20 for 60gb for me

The Voxi £10 base plan is currently unmetered regardless of it being marketed as a fixed bandwidth of 6GB, hence the comment about Voxi not having graduated counting college. Random examples of Voxi £10 plan users confirming unlimited data as recent as yesterday 16 March 2020 here: hotukdeals.com/dis…884
AndyRoyd17/03/2020 16:33

The Voxi £10 base plan is currently unmetered regardless of it being …The Voxi £10 base plan is currently unmetered regardless of it being marketed as a fixed bandwidth of 6GB, hence the comment about Voxi not having graduated counting college. Random examples of Voxi £10 plan users confirming unlimited data as recent as yesterday 16 March 2020 here: https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/voxi-3422884

Thankyou
Just a quick update, I put my notice to leave Virgin Media and they tried to offer me 50mb for £37 per month, when I am currently paying £20 for 100mb. I said no expecting a call back from them, nothing came (probably due to Covid19), so I have signed up with Virgin again with the money supermarket offer of 100mb at shy of £20 per month using a different name (my partners name) and different bank details (Revolut). Oh well Virgins loss my gain.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants