4G VOIP SIMO provider ( and 5G)

Posted 26th Jan
I currently have Virgin Media which are great, I paid £15 for 25GB (50GB per month after rollover)

However, making calls is a pain without signal, or even when I make a call I can't use my phone data.

What are the best providers for this? I am thinking of just going direct with EE, as I will be moving to London, they have the best network in the UK, fastest speeds, support voice and are rolling out 5G.

Do I have any other options, as my contract with Virgin will finish end of year so hoping EE roll out some deals for then!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
I actually find that the best for signal is O2
Arto26/01/2020 17:04

I actually find that the best for signal is O2

I was with Tesco (O2 MVNO) and switching to Virgin (EE MVNO) was a significant upgrade in all aspects.

The data will always 100% support EE as being the best performing network, hands down these are facts.

Don't know how their CS fares though!
Edited by: "trojanh" 26th Jan
trojanh26/01/2020 17:05

I was with Tesco (O2 MVNO) and switching to Virgin (EE MVNO) was a …I was with Tesco (O2 MVNO) and switching to Virgin (EE MVNO) was a significant upgrade in all aspects.The data will always 100% support EE as being the best performing network, hands down these are facts.Don't know how their CS fares though!

They aren't facts depends on where you live. In the country othwise everyone would be on one network. Same as insurance and alot of other stuff lots of people say X company is cheapest but not for everyone.
MynameisM26/01/2020 17:19

They aren't facts depends on where you live. In the country othwise …They aren't facts depends on where you live. In the country othwise everyone would be on one network. Same as insurance and alot of other stuff lots of people say X company is cheapest but not for everyone.

I mean on average, you will be more likely to have better reception with the biggest network, which is EE. Yes I do agree though, there are edge cases which can make a difference.

But for example, look at the 5G comparison in the capital. EE vs Vodafone in London. EE have the vast majority of London covered with 5G whilst Vodafone is very patchy even in the centre.

I disagree though. It is a fact that EE is the best performing overrall. It does not mean that they are best for you, but they have the most coverage and the fastest speeds, ergo they are the highest performing network.
Edited by: "trojanh" 26th Jan
deleted2426366
I guess it just depends on your area. I find Virgins coverage is best in my area.
deleted242636626/01/2020 17:28

I guess it just depends on your area. I find Virgins coverage is best in …I guess it just depends on your area. I find Virgins coverage is best in my area.

Virginmobile best in your area = Interesting. What network provides the cellular infrastructure for Virginmobile?
AndyRoyd27/01/2020 11:23

Virginmobile best in your area = Interesting. What network provides the …Virginmobile best in your area = Interesting. What network provides the cellular infrastructure for Virginmobile?

Lol it’s hard to teach people isn’t it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants