Groups

4GB USB Memory stick only 64MB ?

Banned
    i tried installing ubuntu on it for my joggler but it wouldnt boot so i gave up. i formatted it but now it only shows up as having 64mb of space. I tested it when i first bought it by putting almost the whole 4GB on so i doubt its a fake. i've formatted it changed it from FAT to NTSC any ideas ?

9 Comments

It's because you have partitioned it. I've switched to Linux, so can't remember which programme I used to fix it, but you basically just need one that can remove partitions. it's easily fixed, don't worry. Just have a Google around

Original Poster Banned

Nickjjjjj

It's because you have partitioned it. I've switched to Linux, so can't … It's because you have partitioned it. I've switched to Linux, so can't remember which programme I used to fix it, but you basically just need one that can remove partitions. it's easily fixed, don't worry. Just have a Google around

couldnt find anything, can anyone help at all ?

have you used scan disk to see if there are any bad sectors?

ehow.com/how…tml

try that.

The fact you said it was Joggler related means I'm certain it's the same thing I had.

Original Poster Banned

lilraul

have you used scan disk to see if there are any bad sectors?

Test finished without errors.
    Reading speed: 17.8 MByte/s
    H2testw v1.4

Original Poster Banned

cant see a delete partition option like in the guide

http://i55.tinypic.com/okv8sp.jpg

memory stick is H:\

right click on 'Disk 1' what does it show you?

Original Poster Banned

lilraul

right click on 'Disk 1' what does it show you?

Change drive Letters and Paths...
    Eject
    Propertires
    Help

You have partitioned it you can see it from the picture you posted.

You could try reformating it or use command prompt and remove the partition.

If you are going to use the CMD module you need to enter CMD in the run menu then type DISKPART from there you can use google to advise you on how to partition the disk with the right settings i.e ntfs
    Edited by: "avfcniall" 16th Nov 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mil track and trace33
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553761
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767184
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826347

See more discussions