4K 10bit TV under £600

Found 26th Jul 2017
I've been trying to find a 4K TV that is less than 50"...Preferably around 43" to fit a wall in my room. However, I am finding it increasingly difficult to find a 4K TV that is 10bit and under £600. Anyone know of any please?
Community Updates
AskTV4K TV
13 Comments
10-bit is meaningless. What are you concerned about in terms of picture quality?
Original Poster
Honestly, i'm just being snobbish. Seems like 10bit is more future proof and is worth the extra money if possible to get within my budget.

I've seen the HiSense H43N5700 and can get it for £413...But it's 8 bit + FRC...
Edited by: "nawz" 26th Jul 2017
LG 49UJ630V currys?
Original Poster
Also the Panasonic 40EX600B for £484.
Original Poster
ronzza

LG 49UJ630V currys?

I've seen on HUKD to avoid LG because of the RGBW panels?
10-bit is only used with HDR content and no £600 TV has the hardware to make a good stab at reproducing HDR. You can add an extra digit to the price for that right now.

Focus on the image quality for normal non-HDR content.

Most of the deals are over or haven't started at this time of year so it's an awkward time to be buying. If you're no in any hurry you want to be looking over the winter so ask again in four months time.

If you do want to buy now then there are still a couple of 2016 models around at reasonable prices, such as this Philips 6561 for £565 or Sony XD80 for £550:
costco.co.uk/vie…642
cramptonandmoore.co.uk/tel…tml

nawz

Honestly, i'm just being snobbish. Seems like 10bit is more future proof … Honestly, i'm just being snobbish. Seems like 10bit is more future proof and is worth the extra money if possible to get within my budget.

ronzza

LG 49UJ630V currys?

It's just one of those technologies that people get worked up about before buying, much like an 8-bit panel.

But have you ever seen a thread on here with people complaining about the image quality and being told that's the technology responsible for the effect they're seeing?
Original Poster
EndlessWaves

10-bit is only used with HDR content and no £600 TV has the hardware to … 10-bit is only used with HDR content and no £600 TV has the hardware to make a good stab at reproducing HDR. You can add an extra digit to the price for that right now.Focus on the image quality for normal non-HDR content.Most of the deals are over or haven't started at this time of year so it's an awkward time to be buying. If you're no in any hurry you want to be looking over the winter so ask again in four months time.If you do want to buy now then there are still a couple of 2016 models around at reasonable prices, such as this Philips 6561 for £565 or Sony XD80 for £550:http://www.costco.co.uk/view/p/philips-49pus656112-49-inch-4k-ambilight-android-tv-224642http://www.cramptonandmoore.co.uk/televisions/led-lcd-oled/sony-kd-43xd8099-43-4k-hdr-led-television-with-android-tv.htmlIt's just one of those technologies that people get worked up about before buying, much like an 8-bit panel. But have you ever seen a thread on here with people complaining about the image quality and being told that's the technology responsible for the effect they're seeing?

I'll hang tight and wait for the next wave of sales then. Although i've taken quite a liking to UE40MU6400 which I can get for around £470 which seems fair. Thanks for your response.
I got myself Samsung UE43KS7500 Quantum dot TV for £479.99, it was seller refurbished with 12 months warranty. It was delivered yesterday and looks like new There was a recent deal for it for £539.99 refurbished at Richer Sounds on HUKD. If you want 43" size with HDR10, this is the best you can get at the moment.
nawz

I've been trying to find a 4K TV that is less than 50"...Preferably … I've been trying to find a 4K TV that is less than 50"...Preferably around 43" to fit a wall in my room...

There is little or even zero visible resolution benefit of 4k over 1080p on a screen as small as 43" within a typical domestic environment, unless you have the eyesight of an owl. If you have no intention of using the TV as a monitor and have no desire to watch TV so close that you are kneecappoing yourself on the TV stand, maybe consider prioritising PQ and other features rather than 4k.
Original Poster
AndyRoyd33 m ago

There is little or even zero visible resolution benefit of 4k over 1080p …There is little or even zero visible resolution benefit of 4k over 1080p on a screen as small as 43" within a typical domestic environment, unless you have the eyesight of an owl. If you have no intention of using the TV as a monitor and have no desire to watch TV so close that you are kneecappoing yourself on the TV stand, maybe consider prioritising PQ and other features rather than 4k.

I will be using it as a monitor for my pc mostly.
Don't look at the bit depth if you are looking for HDR content it helps to have a 10 bit panel but it's far better to look for the other attributes that make up the picture like a wide colour gamut, local dimming tv's that meet these requirements for HDR are badges as ultra hd premium sets.
10 bit is not the be all check out AV forum where 8 bit can some times beat 10bit and as your budget is tight might be thinking about ... avforums.com/thr…41/
Original Poster
morrig2 h, 15 m ago

10 bit is not the be all check out AV forum where 8 bit can some times …10 bit is not the be all check out AV forum where 8 bit can some times beat 10bit and as your budget is tight might be thinking about ... https://www.avforums.com/threads/is-there-a-10bit-panel-set-of-tv-reviews.2062241/

Any good suggestions?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants