4K Amazon Fire TV Cube - Released 10th October 2019 £109.99 @ Amazon

Posted 4th Sep 2019
Amazing piece of tech released by Amazon for a decent price of £109.99

Features & details

Fire TV Cube is the fastest, most powerful Fire TV ever, delivering a fast, fluid experience for your favourite films and TV programmes.

From across the room, just ask Alexa to turn on the TV, dim compatible lights and play what you want to watch.

Control your compatible soundbar and A/V receiver; change satellite channels with your voice.

With the built-in speaker, ask Alexa to check the weather, turn off compatible lights and more - even when the TV is off.

With an ultra-powerful hexa-core processor, Fire TV Cube delivers instant access to 4K ultra HD content, plus support for Dolby Vision and HDR, HDR10+ and Dolby Atmos.

Watch favourites from Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, ITV Hub, All 4, Curzon and more. Subscriptions may be required.

Fire TV Cube is designed to protect your privacy. To electronically disconnect the microphones, press the Microphone On/Off button.

With a Prime subscription, watch thousands of films and TV programmes including 'Good Omens' and 'Hanna'.

Use the included Alexa Voice Remote to control your TV without making a sound.

With Alexa on Fire TV Cube, you can control compatible TVs, soundbars and A/V receivers from top brands like Samsung, Sony, LG, Sonos and more. You can also tune to live TV channels with satellite boxes from providers like Sky.

Pre-order here

3289509.jpg3289509.jpg
3289509.jpg
Choose from over 200,000 films and TV programmes from Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, ITV Hub, All 4, Curzon and others. Stream live news, sport and must-see programmes, plus thousands of titles in brilliant 4K Ultra HD, HDR, HDR10+ or Dolby Vision.

Access websites such as Facebook and Reddit with browsers like Silk and Firefox. Stream millions of songs and use your voice to request a song, artist, playlist or control playback through services like Amazon Music and Spotify. Subscription fees may apply.
Community Updates
Top comments
Does this do anything a Firestick and a Dot dont do?
Amazon having a laugh with the price surely
At those prices, I would purchase a used nVdidia Shield TV for £30 more.
£60 Black Friday guaranteed ..
Edited by: "the.porter" 5th Sep 2019
79 Comments
Same thing in different shapes And sizes ?
What next I wonder ?
Its amazing only this last few days I have been thinking if Amazon Plan to release a new upgraded Fire TV 4K Device & here it is, thanks so much for the info, I have recently returned my Fire 4K stick due to a fault and have been given a full refund, so i may as well wait and buy this in the future, the ONLY drawback of course is its more expensive + will make my Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Gen) redundant but I guess I could sell it on.
Edited by: "lettherebedeals" 5th Sep 2019
Just bought a new 4k Fire Stick after my 4k Fire TV box died so have pre-ordered this for the processing power and the included ethernet adaptor.

Wondering now though whether it would be best to hang fire until Black Friday to see if the price gets discounted as the previous version (US only) was discounted from $119.99 to $59.99 last year. It would be annoying if I bought it on October 10th then a month later had £50 or so knocked off

Also considering waiting in case the rumoured new NVidia Shield TV box gets released pre-Xmas.

Lots to think about!
ksm170105/09/2019 07:58

Just bought a new 4k Fire Stick after my 4k Fire TV box died so have …Just bought a new 4k Fire Stick after my 4k Fire TV box died so have pre-ordered this for the processing power and the included ethernet adaptor. Wondering now though whether it would be best to hang fire until Black Friday to see if the price gets discounted as the previous version (US only) was discounted from $119.99 to $59.99 last year. It would be annoying if I bought it on October 10th then a month later had £50 or so knocked off Also considering waiting in case the rumoured new NVidia Shield TV box gets released pre-Xmas.Lots to think about!

I'm going to wait, I think it will hit £50-£60 as a one-off deal maybe on Prime Day, Black Friday or as a Lightning Deal, it will depend on the pre-order sales which may not do so well considering its forcing people to upgrade in such a short space of time since the original release of the Fire 4K stick, they are testing the waters at £109 this will decrease if no one buys at this price which in all fairness is expensive for the adding benefit of more storage & better processor, its nice though.
Minstadave04/09/2019 22:35

The only different is storage & processor, 8GB vs 16GB + Quad-Core vs Hexa-Core.
lettherebedeals05/09/2019 11:51

The only different is storage & processor, 8GB vs 16GB + Quad-Core vs …The only different is storage & processor, 8GB vs 16GB + Quad-Core vs Hexa-Core.

Also has an ethernet port which might be useful for some.
Edited by: "Gormond" 5th Sep 2019
Amazon having a laugh with the price surely
Until someone gets their hands on one and tests the functionality its difficult to assess what it's worth. It implies it has the ability to drive a Sky Q box, but this might be as basic as on / off or channel up / down. If it can emulate the sort of features you get with the Sky Q voice remote it could be a winner.
At those prices, I would purchase a used nVdidia Shield TV for £30 more.
£60 Black Friday guaranteed ..
Edited by: "the.porter" 5th Sep 2019
Gormond05/09/2019 12:07

Also has an ethernet port which might be useful for some.

Definitely useful for me. I’m still using the 4K boxes rather than the stick for this very reason. The cube however doesn’t have a built in port, but I believe it will ship with an Ethernet adapter.
southpaw_78605/09/2019 20:32

Definitely useful for me. I’m still using the 4K boxes rather than the s …Definitely useful for me. I’m still using the 4K boxes rather than the stick for this very reason. The cube however doesn’t have a built in port, but I believe it will ship with an Ethernet adapter.

That's the funny dongle bit with the captive USB lead at the bottom of the picture (up there ^^)
Meh they really missed the balls here, if this also could play music with same alexa quality at 150£ I would of consider it even though i don't like Fire os, the fact you still need a speaker makes it pointless,
Great if you dont want the speaker but i think many will fool themselfs out of it.

Combining the 2 product together is a good idea, but this is currently 1.5 products in one!
redant05/09/2019 16:31

Until someone gets their hands on one and tests the functionality its …Until someone gets their hands on one and tests the functionality its difficult to assess what it's worth. It implies it has the ability to drive a Sky Q box, but this might be as basic as on / off or channel up / down. If it can emulate the sort of features you get with the Sky Q voice remote it could be a winner.

would you connect a sky q box to this? so its kind of all in one system is that the premise of this
I feel these smart speakers and such things are like modern phones....you buy one and its very quickly obsolete so you wait until a new one comes but it's not much better than before and too expensive. So you wait..and then its obsolete.
This is why I've never had a high end smartphone or any smart speaker. I'm not sure what to do.
Gumbon06/09/2019 09:12

Meh they really missed the balls here, if this also could play music with …Meh they really missed the balls here, if this also could play music with same alexa quality at 150£ I would of consider it even though i don't like Fire os, the fact you still need a speaker makes it pointless, Great if you dont want the speaker but i think many will fool themselfs out of it.Combining the 2 product together is a good idea, but this is currently 1.5 products in one!

A built in battery powered HD projector option would be quite cool too if it were under £200
Built in listening device put's me off, alexa listening devices are minefield of nightmares.

Do your research folk before you put these devices in your family home, multiple microphones picking up everything you say.
I don’t see why this exists.
38408282-Uu6bs.jpg
looks like it may be good but i think it depends how well it works with your setup.

FYI there is a compatibility check but its quite basic.
Gumbon06/09/2019 09:12

Meh they really missed the balls here, if this also could play music with …Meh they really missed the balls here, if this also could play music with same alexa quality at 150£ I would of consider it even though i don't like Fire os, the fact you still need a speaker makes it pointless, Great if you dont want the speaker but i think many will fool themselfs out of it.Combining the 2 product together is a good idea, but this is currently 1.5 products in one!

for me it will play music better cuz I will hdmi to my amp to play it

Ethernet and IR blaster are bonuses . Will likely take a punt Black Friday
wakkaday06/09/2019 09:16

would you connect a sky q box to this? so its kind of all in one system is …would you connect a sky q box to this? so its kind of all in one system is that the premise of this

it has an IR blaster or this very thing
Ive seen some awful reviews of this thing and not worth the premium over the firestick.
DrHotUK06/09/2019 09:57

Ive seen some awful reviews of this thing and not worth the premium over …Ive seen some awful reviews of this thing and not worth the premium over the firestick.

It's a new version of the cube so improvements have definitely been made since the first, US only release.

I'll wait for the reviews of this new version (and the Black Friday pricing!) before taking a punt.
Edited by: "ksm1701" 6th Sep 2019
Too dear. I got a new 4K stick for £14.99 a couple of months ago. This thing doesn't really do much more (and I already have an echo thingee - which I never use.)
Deakcracker06/09/2019 09:26

Built in listening device put's me off, alexa listening devices are …Built in listening device put's me off, alexa listening devices are minefield of nightmares. Do your research folk before you put these devices in your family home, multiple microphones picking up everything you say.

I'm not sure someone listening to my wife moaning at me to get jobs done or hearing the kids fighting is going to be of any detriment to me? Good luck to them if they really are listening to millions of households doing the same thing!
Ignoring Alexa, this is getting into Shield price bracket...
Shame that ram is only 2gb
MrKrabs06/09/2019 09:23

A built in battery powered HD projector option would be quite cool too if …A built in battery powered HD projector option would be quite cool too if it were under £200

is this sarcasm?
vbnmu06/09/2019 10:28

Ignoring Alexa, this is getting into Shield price bracket...

If it had speakers I would say it would be worth it, less things plugged in the better IMO.

Shame it doesnt as I dont want my tv on to play 5 minutes of music in the mornng ect
Will you be able to install Plex on this?
deleted555252
lettherebedeals05/09/2019 11:51

The only different is storage & processor, 8GB vs 16GB + Quad-Core vs …The only different is storage & processor, 8GB vs 16GB + Quad-Core vs Hexa-Core.

There's more than that. It also has an IR Blaster so it can control your TV/Soundbar/Sky Box. But yeah, expensive for what it is.

Also has a built in speaker.
deleted555252
Gumbon06/09/2019 11:00

If it had speakers I would say it would be worth it, less things plugged …If it had speakers I would say it would be worth it, less things plugged in the better IMO.Shame it doesnt as I dont want my tv on to play 5 minutes of music in the mornng ect

38408970-XyYfK.jpg
Still no DTS support
O2man06/09/2019 11:01

Will you be able to install Plex on this?

Yes as it runs FireOS like the stick
Every time I look for something to do with the Amazon Rainforest on fire, Amazon Fire TV's show up instead.
In my opinion get yourself one of the discontinued fire tv boxes they are 100x better and probably half the price and run a lot smoother.
Doesn't any half decent modern TV have all this stuff built in?
Does this have any usb slots or Memory Card slots? Biggest drawback on the Firestick for me is storage.
deleted55525206/09/2019 11:17

[Image]

I've connected my FireStick directly to a SoundBar using BluTooth and it works great. Shoukld be the same for this.
Post a comment
@
    Text