Groups

4K HDMI switch recommendations for HDR /HDMI 2.0a

Greetings. Looking to connect at least two or maybe three in near future 4k devices to one HDMI port on the 4k TV. I understand for HDR to show on a TV that 2.0a HDMI ports are needed both ends.

Are there any HDMI 2.0a / HDR switches anyone is using/recommend or point me in the right direction? Thanks

9 Comments

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41GnI8FeHSL.jpg

Have a look on Amazon at neet stuff. I've used their switches and matrix's and never had a problem.

Original Poster

kester76

I can't make out the characters in the picture - which rcvr is this?

Original Poster

craigstephens

Have a look on Amazon at neet stuff. I've used their switches and … Have a look on Amazon at neet stuff. I've used their switches and matrix's and never had a problem.

Thanks Craig I had a look at the neet stuff and made an enquiry too. They confirm they don't have a product yet.

Original Poster

Bought a switch yesterday that says it's HDR compatible so it must have hdmi 2.0a ports. Hopefully will arrive today

androidavis

I can't make out the characters in the picture - which rcvr is this?

​Just buy a reasonable priced 4k compatible home cinema. Speakers in modern TVs aren't up to the task. You need something with good mids and bass. Just pretty much connect a cheap pair of £30 speakers to it and the sound improvement will blow you away. Would be a lot quieter than the tinny mounted speakers in the TV and you get 4-7 hdmi ports included.

Original Poster

kester76

​Just buy a reasonable priced 4k compatible home cinema. Speakers in m … ​Just buy a reasonable priced 4k compatible home cinema. Speakers in modern TVs aren't up to the task. You need something with good mids and bass. Just pretty much connect a cheap pair of £30 speakers to it and the sound improvement will blow you away. Would be a lot quieter than the tinny mounted speakers in the TV and you get 4-7 hdmi ports included.

No that's still an idea, thanks. Was just wondering if you had a model in mind. Seems like hdmi 2.0a ports are necessary to pass HDR through

​Anything hdmi 2.0 and 4k should pass hdr dolby vision without issue but I don't think hdr10 is. Sorry but I can't say off the top of my head but I will do a bit of digging as I'm curious about this aswell. This year models should support it but I would always double check.

Original Poster

Finally got round to installing the HDR hdmi switch and it's working just fine. I don't have to think about going down the AV receiver route for a while at least
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help choosing an Android box please.55
      2. Virgin Media - what is a good price?11
      3. [Solved] How to use openreach modem with Asus RT-AC68U?525
      4. Selling advice56

See more discussions