4K HDMI switch recommendations for HDR /HDMI 2.0a

Found 3rd Feb 2017
Greetings. Looking to connect at least two or maybe three in near future 4k devices to one HDMI port on the 4k TV. I understand for HDR to show on a TV that 2.0a HDMI ports are needed both ends.

Are there any HDMI 2.0a / HDR switches anyone is using/recommend or point me in the right direction? Thanks
Community Updates
AskNintendo Switch
11 Comments
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41GnI8FeHSL.jpg
Have a look on Amazon at neet stuff. I've used their switches and matrix's and never had a problem.
kester76

I can't make out the characters in the picture - which rcvr is this?
craigstephens

Have a look on Amazon at neet stuff. I've used their switches and … Have a look on Amazon at neet stuff. I've used their switches and matrix's and never had a problem.

Thanks Craig I had a look at the neet stuff and made an enquiry too. They confirm they don't have a product yet.
Bought a switch yesterday that says it's HDR compatible so it must have hdmi 2.0a ports. Hopefully will arrive today
androidavis

I can't make out the characters in the picture - which rcvr is this?

​Just buy a reasonable priced 4k compatible home cinema. Speakers in modern TVs aren't up to the task. You need something with good mids and bass. Just pretty much connect a cheap pair of £30 speakers to it and the sound improvement will blow you away. Would be a lot quieter than the tinny mounted speakers in the TV and you get 4-7 hdmi ports included.
kester76

​Just buy a reasonable priced 4k compatible home cinema. Speakers in m … ​Just buy a reasonable priced 4k compatible home cinema. Speakers in modern TVs aren't up to the task. You need something with good mids and bass. Just pretty much connect a cheap pair of £30 speakers to it and the sound improvement will blow you away. Would be a lot quieter than the tinny mounted speakers in the TV and you get 4-7 hdmi ports included.

No that's still an idea, thanks. Was just wondering if you had a model in mind. Seems like hdmi 2.0a ports are necessary to pass HDR through
​Anything hdmi 2.0 and 4k should pass hdr dolby vision without issue but I don't think hdr10 is. Sorry but I can't say off the top of my head but I will do a bit of digging as I'm curious about this aswell. This year models should support it but I would always double check.
Finally got round to installing the HDR hdmi switch and it's working just fine. I don't have to think about going down the AV receiver route for a while at least
androidavis5th Feb

Finally got round to installing the HDR hdmi switch and it's working just …Finally got round to installing the HDR hdmi switch and it's working just fine. I don't have to think about going down the AV receiver route for a while at least

sorry for the late reply to an old thread but can you recommend which one you bought? Im looking at splitting my ps4 pro and xbox one s into my tv but not sore which splitter is good or not? Thanks in advaance
bigjon291 h, 50 m ago

sorry for the late reply to an old thread but can you recommend which one …sorry for the late reply to an old thread but can you recommend which one you bought? Im looking at splitting my ps4 pro and xbox one s into my tv but not sore which splitter is good or not? Thanks in advaance

Sure, it's this one LIGAWO. No sure why it's saying preorder though as it's been on sale a while. Make sure you choose hdmi cables suitable for hdr spec 4k hdmi. I bought Amazon basics but it took a bit of research
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants