4k HDR monitors . Do they exist??

6 replies
Found 19th Nov 2016
Hey guys. After going back to console from PC. I am wondering, do HDR 4K monitors exist? If so at reasonable prices? I'm after HDR for my One S but would like 4K in preparation for Scorpio next year.

I game on a desk with monitor at the moment. I can't get into games on a big TV in the living room any more for some reason.

Thanks

6 Comments

Yes and no.

You can get the wide gamut portion of HDR (well, generally Adobe RGB instead of DCI P3 but the two colour spaces are similar). The variable brightness part of HDR isn't yet available on monitors.

Not really right now. You may find this helpful: rockpapershotgun.com/201…ed/
Edited by: "Illusionary" 19th Nov 2016

No true HDR yet. But with its rapid adoption rate I'm sure it won't be long before we see them.

Original Poster

Thanks all, responses all appreciated. I'll have to hold on and hope then.

I haven't seen any 32inch 4K TVs either?

Crazygooner1

Thanks all, responses all appreciated. I'll have to hold on and hope … Thanks all, responses all appreciated. I'll have to hold on and hope then.I haven't seen any 32inch 4K TVs either?

I'm fairly sure that they don't exist - 32" is too small for 4K to be worthwhile. IIRC, 4K sets start at about 40".
Edited by: "Illusionary" 20th Nov 2016

Crazygooner1

Thanks all, responses all appreciated. I'll have to hold on and hope … Thanks all, responses all appreciated. I'll have to hold on and hope then.I haven't seen any 32inch 4K TVs either?

Yeah, even the models like the Philips 6401 that are 4k in larger sizes drop down to Full HD at 32"

Plenty of 3840x2160 monitors at that size and smaller though.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition68739
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…22
    3. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43

See more discussions