4k monitor

Found 28th Feb
my panel is 10 bit and I have set my Xbox to 10 bit any benefit from setting it higher or lower?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Do you mean picture quality wise or an impact on FPS ?
kester763 h, 34 m ago

Do you mean picture quality wise or an impact on FPS ?

Both really
Not 100% sure on both counts. I would guess that at 12bit the panel would ignore the extra information. I would assume the GPU was optimised for 10bit so no noticeable different.
kester764 m ago

Not 100% sure on both counts. I would guess that at 12bit the panel would …Not 100% sure on both counts. I would guess that at 12bit the panel would ignore the extra information. I would assume the GPU was optimised for 10bit so no noticeable different.

Only noticed recently Xbox was on 12 bit and I checked my screen manual and it's 10 bit so I lowered the setting on the Xbox all I noticed was seems to be a little less input lag maybe I'll get better picture now it's on the correct setting
Splice1st Mar

Only noticed recently Xbox was on 12 bit and I checked my screen manual …Only noticed recently Xbox was on 12 bit and I checked my screen manual and it's 10 bit so I lowered the setting on the Xbox all I noticed was seems to be a little less input lag maybe I'll get better picture now it's on the correct setting

The TV could be converting it to 10bit. I would of thought HDMI EDID would grey out the 12bit option though.
The 10-bit support on the Xbox is primarily for HDR while most 10-bit monitors were designed for standard gamma curves.

I'm not sure if the Xbox has any support for wide colour gamuts in SDR and if so how many games support it
EndlessWaves10 h, 40 m ago

The 10-bit support on the Xbox is primarily for HDR while most 10-bit …The 10-bit support on the Xbox is primarily for HDR while most 10-bit monitors were designed for standard gamma curves. I'm not sure if the Xbox has any support for wide colour gamuts in SDR and if so how many games support it

Yeah i have 4k but no hdr monitor I have left the setting on 10 bit should it be ok? The panel is 10 bit
Higher bit depth is mainly just to prevent banding on larger colour volumes and won't make much difference all else being equal. I'd try it on 8-bit as that's the standard and if it looks identical then feel free to leave it on either.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants