4k monitor for PlayStation

Posted 14th Jun
I’m looking for a good value 4k monitor for my PlayStation 4 which would also be good enough for the PlayStation 5. Something that isn’t too expensive but is of good value for both systems.
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
I too need to know this
veejai14/06/2020 14:35

Yeah HDR definitely bro

I was asking this recently & info I got was that HDR might be the deal breaker in terms of price by which I mean we would need to spend more (over & above a 4K) to get quality HDR
Jump_Out_Gang14/06/2020 14:37

I was asking this recently & info I got was that HDR might be the deal …I was asking this recently & info I got was that HDR might be the deal breaker in terms of price by which I mean we would need to spend more (over & above a 4K) to get quality HDR

How much would that be? A 4K monitor with HDR
veejai14/06/2020 14:44

How much would that be? A 4K monitor with HDR

I got the impression £500 upward
Jump_Out_Gang14/06/2020 14:51

Made re reconsider & start thinking to get new TV.. maybe an OLED
Just get a 4K TV, the new consoles won't be running games beyond 4K, 60fps. Most of the demo games shown have been running 4K 30fps.

I found a good one on Ebuyer for £220 Butnit doesn’t let me post the link on here
Azwipe14/06/2020 18:19

Just get a 4K TV, the new consoles won't be running games beyond 4K, …Just get a 4K TV, the new consoles won't be running games beyond 4K, 60fps. Most of the demo games shown have been running 4K 30fps.

Kinda wanted one for my desk bro

And the rest.

HDR can be ignored for now unless you want to be an early adopter and shell out a load for a good implementation. The same goes for TVs. Think four figure sums.

VRR is trickier. The technology is here now, but HDMI has just incorporated it as part of the standard (v2.1) so the new console is likely to use that version. Whether it'll support the existing versions is hard to tell, HDMI is so dominant in the TV space that Sony would be justified in only supporting that version which would mean existing monitors wouldn't work.
I'm planning to use PS5 on 1080p TV. Just hope that at this resolution there would be 60fps with no drops.
Post a comment
@
    Text