4k monitor or 4k TV for the bedroom

Posted 5th Jul 2020
Hi I've recently upgraded to a xbox one x and I'm playing it through a 1080p TV so I'm looking to get somthing abit better.

I've always wanted a monitor for gaming but after research a 43" 4k TV is roughly the same price as a 28" 4k monitor.

What should I do???
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
How far from the screen will you be when viewing xbox content?
Smart tv more options / uses
I've got a 28" 4k monitor for gaming and my 65" to watch films. If you've got the money get one of each, but if you want the best of both worlds TV
AndyRoyd05/07/2020 10:50

How far from the screen will you be when viewing xbox content?

About 2-3 ft away but tv would probably be wall mounted so a little further away
I’m in the exactly the same boat. Well not exactly as I’ve wanted a monitor for year or more that will show off the Pro’s HDR ability & the X’s 4K ability. In fact this question pops up regularly & the annoying thing is there are never definitive answers. I have been left with the view that we are better off forgetting a monitor & getting a tv which offers both 4K & decent HDR. I’m looking for an OLED Sony (for the right price of course).
babbamanutd05/07/2020 11:19

About 2-3 ft away but tv would probably be wall mounted so a little …About 2-3 ft away but tv would probably be wall mounted so a little further away

27" 4k monitor would likely not provide any significantly perceptable resolution benefit over 1080 equivalent from that distance, but may have other processing / PQ benefits.
Similarly, 43" 4k TV from more than say 5-6ft.
rtings.com/tv/…hip

that link tells you optimal distance to benefit from 4k.. monitors will have lower response time and higher hz screen unless your willing to go and spend alot on a tv. the monitor will be better for gaming, for the xbox it will need to be freesync i think.. monitors are superior for gaming when sat at desk close up with a beast of a gpu to get the best out of them...
Edited by: "Bargainhead" 5th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text