Thanks for your time
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
U won’t get one for that looking at 1600 to 1800
You'll be waiting a while.
Won’t happen for years
Are you dreaming?
I would have a look at qled tech as it's cheaper to produce it should drop in price faster.
i have just bought the sony 65a1 wasnt cheap but i do think its a good tv that was with richersounds, he gave me 4 new cables plus £100 off they are also doing 6yrs warranty instead of 5years
Edited by: "mercslkman" 12th Nov 2017
kester763 h, 31 m ago

I would have a look at qled tech as it's cheaper to produce it should drop …I would have a look at qled tech as it's cheaper to produce it should drop in price faster.

Problem with QLED is it’s still lcd tech
Justsuperman2 h, 26 m ago

That's not really a problem, the main issue is that Sony's LCDs are just better at the same price.
Justsuperman2 h, 50 m ago

What's so bad about LCD tech ?
1) It's cheaper to manufacturer
2) Doesn't suffer burn in
3) Copes better in a humid environment ( Oxidation due to a damaged seal )

I admit that this generation is transmissive the next generation will be emissive like OLED but with all the benefits of LCD manufacture so waiting is the best option at the moment and I doubt they will be able to drop the manufacture costs of OLED to make it fair fight. No idea about motion blur though
You're talking about using the quantum dots as a subpixel colour filter instead of a backlight colour filter?

It should improve viewing angles by bringing the light generation closer to the surface but I'm not sure what other benefit it'll have. Contrast will still be limited by the LCD Matrix unless Samsung can find a way to amplify the range (which would make a 10-bit panel actually matter for HDR), as would things like motion blur, uniformity and so on.
EndlessWaves7 h, 7 m ago

You're talking about using the quantum dots as a subpixel colour filter …You're talking about using the quantum dots as a subpixel colour filter instead of a backlight colour filter?It should improve viewing angles by bringing the light generation closer to the surface but I'm not sure what other benefit it'll have. Contrast will still be limited by the LCD Matrix unless Samsung can find a way to amplify the range (which would make a 10-bit panel actually matter for HDR), as would things like motion blur, uniformity and so on.

Sorry about the delay getting back to you. The increased brightness will increase the contrast and colourspace. I know LCDs struggle on true blacks so this will restrict them a bit but I assume close enough for it to be mute on a cheaper set.

As for blurring reducing the POV and strobing the backlight hopefully should be enough to reduce the effect.
kester761 m ago

Sorry about the delay getting back to you. The increased brightness will …Sorry about the delay getting back to you. The increased brightness will increase the contrast and colourspace. I know LCDs struggle on true blacks so this will restrict them a bit but I assume close enough for it to be mute on a cheaper set.As for blurring reducing the POV and strobing the backlight hopefully should be enough to reduce the effect.

It'll increase the colour space, but how is it going to increase the contrast?
Original Poster
It's like discussing about Audi and BMW.
One is for qled one is for oled

I just wanted a 1k or less 75inch 4k uhd oled tv 😃 🏿
EndlessWaves3 h, 24 m ago

It'll increase the colour space, but how is it going to increase the …It'll increase the colour space, but how is it going to increase the contrast?

steves-digicams.com/kno…tml

It's the separation between the light and dark areas of the screen. If you improve your lighting and blacks then you must improve your contrast ratio.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wik…tio
johnro1 h, 0 m ago

It's like discussing about Audi and BMW. One is for qled one is for oledI …It's like discussing about Audi and BMW. One is for qled one is for oledI just wanted a 1k or less 75inch 4k uhd oled tv 😃 🏿

Only way you're getting one for that price is either stolen or a damaged one off ebay unfortunately. It's just too difficult to build to be cheap.
johnro1 h, 13 m ago

It's like discussing about Audi and BMW. One is for qled one is for oledI …It's like discussing about Audi and BMW. One is for qled one is for oledI just wanted a 1k or less 75inch 4k uhd oled tv 😃 🏿

More like Lexus and Tesla. One is a completely new system, the other's a refinement of the old. Both are good cars, but anyone specifically after the benefits of an electric car isn't going to be satisfied with a hybrid system.

kester7619 m ago

http://www.steves-digicams.com/knowledge-center/brightness-contrast-saturation-and-sharpness.htmlIt's the separation between the light and dark areas of the screen. If you improve your lighting and blacks then you must improve your contrast ratio. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrast_ratio

I know what contrast is, but how is a quantum dot layer going to reduce the light coming through the LCD panel when it's closed?
EndlessWaves34 m ago

More like Lexus and Tesla. One is a completely new system, the other's a …More like Lexus and Tesla. One is a completely new system, the other's a refinement of the old. Both are good cars, but anyone specifically after the benefits of an electric car isn't going to be satisfied with a hybrid system.I know what contrast is, but how is a quantum dot layer going to reduce the light coming through the LCD panel when it's closed?

It doesn't, you're relying on your eyes to see deeper blacks when given a brighter light to reference from.
kester761 m ago

It doesn't, you're relying on your eyes to see deeper blacks when given a …It doesn't, you're relying on your eyes to see deeper blacks when given a brighter light to reference from.

And how do quantum dots produce a brighter light without also amplifying the light bleeding through from the black pixels and making them brighter too?
EndlessWaves8 h, 55 m ago

And how do quantum dots produce a brighter light without also amplifying …And how do quantum dots produce a brighter light without also amplifying the light bleeding through from the black pixels and making them brighter too?

You mean issues with the LCD or local dimming in general ?
kester764 h, 8 m ago

You mean issues with the LCD or local dimming in general ?

I don't understand the question.

I'm asking how a quantum dot layer in place of the normal colour filter can improve contrast relative to an otherwise identical LCD with a standard colour filter (other than through the more saturated colours of the wider gamut)?
EndlessWaves45 m ago

I don't understand the question.I'm asking how a quantum dot layer in …I don't understand the question.I'm asking how a quantum dot layer in place of the normal colour filter can improve contrast relative to an otherwise identical LCD with a standard colour filter (other than through the more saturated colours of the wider gamut)?

QD is just good enough to do the job in my opinon as I'm not too bothered about pure blacks but I see your point as light filtering can constrain the contrast ratio. On the plus side QD doesn't struggle with colour saturation in bright scenes ( i.e. washed out colours )
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants