Expired

4K TV and Pixels

Found 9th Mar 2017
I have a 55KS7000, a couple of days ago I noticed dead pixels on the screen..

but I am not sure how many pixels are dead, there are about 6 locations i can see black dead pixels, one location has more than one as its an overlapping shape..

If this was a 1080p set each location i would say one pixel is dead, but as this is a 4K tv there are 8.3mil pixels so I am wondering if its more than one pixel in a block or not? it s hard to explain.

With John Lewis they are sending an engineer to do a report (not repair) and I cannot find Samsungs Policy on dead pixels anywhere online.
Community Updates
MiscTV
29 Comments
That doesn't sound good.

I have no idea about dead pixel count/block etc but if you can see dead pixels then regardless of whatever engineer says you should push for a replacement from John Lewis as you are unhappy with TV and in your opinion it's not fit for purpose ....

There shouldn't be any problems with John Lewis. ....

Good luck
Good luck fam! I wouldn't be bothering with an engineer and would be demanding a refund/exchange
you could try massaging them back to life.
im not joking by the way
i wanted 1 off these tv s hopefully they will sort it out for u
Did you order online? if so you have a certain amount of time to send it back for whatever reason you like.
Think you have 30 days max now (used to be 90 days).

deleted57959

Yeah they sounded OK about it, You cannot see them from more than a meter … Yeah they sounded OK about it, You cannot see them from more than a meter away, but just knowing they are there esp when you have spent best part of a grand on it.

Absolutely.

Fact is you can see them.....

John Lewis are very good about things like this....

Try to get then to reserve a tv for you .... stocks may be getting low ...
deleted57959

Yeah tried, It's OK someone pointed out to me the consumer act 2015 has … Yeah tried, It's OK someone pointed out to me the consumer act 2015 has some nice wording i can use, but I do not think John Lewis will give me any trouble esp as the purchase is within 3 months.

I think the policy has changed to 30 days. ....
That said. .... if it's faulty you have the 5 yr warranty
Edited by: "Kenp8257" 9th Mar 2017
deleted1023990
lumsdot

you could try massaging them back to life.im not joking by the way

That worked for me once! Thought it was a wind-up when I first read about it, tried it ...and the pixel went back to normal.
its 3840 × 2160 so you could take a photo of a certain proportion and count the pixels
sounds like individual pixels though as if the sizes are all the same it means none of them are single pixels or all of them are
6 is probably going to be classed as ok though - think there is some general guide it depends on the positions and frequency or is that just monitors?
I bought a Samsung plasma tv with stuck pixels on first turning on and John Lewis were great at refunding. It put me off Samsung though as there were other issues with the set.
deleted57959

I already feel like an idiot using a magnifying glass, to spot them lol.

or you could create a test pattern in photoshop (or ask deeky to create in paint)
alternating colours eg single pixel size eg turquoise/pink should easily show if bigger than single pixel etc
inb4 the op blames dead pixels on not being able to solve puzzles in BOTW X)

On a serious note - I have 4 on my 1080 Plasma circa 2009 - Dead on arival, but they've never bothered me.

Don't worry about them matey - they're normal, if you can't see them from your normal viewing distance then carry on playing Zelda. <3<3
I see it a KS7000 model. I recommended that to someone in a forum thread and got a reply with a link to the AVforums where I've never seen so many problems. Back panel coming off, lots of firmware issues, dead on arrival, huge juddering issues etc. Great tv if you get a good one but so many seem to be failing it's staggering. I will never be able to accept a Samsung owner criticising other TV brands again when it comes to reliability and build quality.

No dead pixels on my cheap 4k tv and no HDR either sadly but mine does have 3D which is amazing at times.
just got my KS7000 today and am struggling to eliminate the motion judder, not overly noticeable but can't stop seeing it now, anyone got a good list of settings, tried one from av forums but picture was dull and blurry.
Be wary of the replacement because going by comments in the avforums some of the later stock seems to have an inferior panel more prone to judder issues. The pixel response time is inferior/higher. Samsung are famous for their panel lottery where different panels are used in the same model range at different screen sizes and even sometimes on the same exact model. Maybe the slower pixel response was because earlier panels had such a high failure rate but the end result is judder becomes more obvious. It's pretty much a state of the art set at its price point, there is no competitor offering the same spec in the price range yet I think. So your replacement may have more obvious judder as a small possibility.
fp needs to report this thread...I already have, but if he does then we may discuss it!
BillySollox

fp needs to report this thread...I already have, but if he does then we … fp needs to report this thread...I already have, but if he does then we may discuss it! <3

"Report" it for what?

Being another entry in hari's online daily diary?
Yeah I did assume you had one of the early batches which seem to offer the best performance but have the highest failure rate. I guess when you mentioned no judder etc I was thinking that it must be what you have. 2 month's later should be the later batch so there may be differences. Best of luck getting a perfect set this time so you can play all those 900p Switch games without anti-aliasing X)
How do these new fangled televisions handle 24p stuff (ie bluray) My old Plasma displays at 24hz when I watch a blu on my old PS3. I've heard that 24p is what new tellies strugle with. Is that true?
deleted57959

I'd do have an Xbox One S & PS4 too my copy of Planet Earth 2 arrived … I'd do have an Xbox One S & PS4 too my copy of Planet Earth 2 arrived yesterday in Ultra HD, but I've never been one for graphics snobbery Zelda is Amazing regardless.And why the snide comments FP?

I reported this thread and mentioned fp to help get the thread out of "ask"

BillySollox

How do these new fangled televisions handle 24p stuff (ie bluray) My old … How do these new fangled televisions handle 24p stuff (ie bluray) My old Plasma displays at 24hz when I watch a blu on my old PS3. I've heard that 24p is what new tellies strugle with. Is that true?

Plasma's are brilliant because their pixel response rate is still much faster than LCD even now. Most LCD's fully support 24Hz nowadays and have enough motion interpolation to handle it well but its more likely to have judder simply because of the low frame rate. Most material is 60fps/hz. Typically if you have a panning shot at 24hz its likely to look more juddery than at 60hz. The tv will create a huge number of intermediate partial frames to smooth the image between frames though so if you don't get judder you will get a softer image instead. It's one area where the plasma still beats LCD. It doesn't have to interpolate in the same way because its pixel response is so incredibly fast.

If you've been spoilt by plasma then you probably want OLED. It's pretty much the modern version of plasma with far superior motion handling, beautiful deep blacks and fantastic colour. It just can't match the high brightness of some class leading LCD sets but overall is a much better display if you can afford it. They aren't as expensive as they were though.
Help! My TV has 8,294,400 dead pixels Oh... wait... my TV was switched off. All is good now. X)
deleted57959

...And why the snide comments FP?

I was just acknowledging your run of bad luck recently.

I had and still have a 'Pixel'
asked for some advice on a stupid 'shopping' website
didn't end well
deleted57959

...And why the snide comments FP?

fanpages

I was just acknowledging your run of bad luck recently.

deleted57959

What do you mean?

Clues:
"someone slashed my tyres"
"LA only offering 2 hours of Education a week seems very unfair"

...and various other moans & rants you've had over the last few months.
deleted57959

​thats a very clever idea brilly

that should not have come as a surprise
Glad to hear you got a swap and good result

:-)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants