4K TV for PS4 Pro?

Found 12th Dec 2017
Hi Guys. I really need your help with this one. I can't decide out of these 2 TVs:

LG - richersounds.com/lg-…ct3
Samsung - richersounds.com/sam…tml

I'd be using it as a PC Monitor (I know it's going to look massive!), movies and mainly PS4 Pro gaming.

Does anyone own any of these TVs and can provide feedback?

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Non u need a 10 bit panel for ps pro save up for the b7
oliverkennedy1045 m ago

Non u need a 10 bit panel for ps pro save up for the b7

Miss leading information right there. You don't "Need" a 10 bit panel to use the PS Pro at all.

The PS4 requires a 10bit panel for HDR to be enabled, you can still run the console in 4K without HDR enabled.

Having a 10 bit panel doesn't create a magic effect and change the game by any stretch of the imagination.

The PS4 is about the performance and running games comfortably at 60 frames, is HDR that important or even noticeable for the majority of games to justify the additional cost. I can tell the difference in Horizon but I wouldn't buy a 2nd TV for the office specifically for it.
Edited by: "MrCollective" 12th Dec 2017
MrCollective14 m ago

Miss leading information right there. You don't "Need" a 10 bit panel to …Miss leading information right there. You don't "Need" a 10 bit panel to use the PS Pro at all.The PS4 requires a 10bit panel for HDR to be enabled, you can still run the console in 4K without HDR enabled.Having a 10 bit panel doesn't create a magic effect and change the game by any stretch of the imagination.The PS4 is about the performance and running games comfortably at 60 frames, is HDR that important or even noticeable for the majority of games to justify the additional cost. I can tell the difference in Horizon but I wouldn't buy a 2nd TV for the office specifically for it.

You shouldn't be playing games in the office
oliverkennedy101 h, 37 m ago

You shouldn't be playing games in the office

When MrsCollective, daughter and two feline companions are observing the Blue Planet documentary on the Sony KD70 in all its glory, that's my queue to head into the office, splash a little scotch into a glass and enjoy a few hours with Link in the breath of the wild, Aloy out in the wilderness or my Russian comrades on Counter Strike.

I most definitely should be playing games in the office.
Xe900 or b7
MrCollective2 h, 41 m ago

The PS4 requires a 10bit panel for HDR to be enabled

Not even that. A 10-bit panel is purely down to how the TV manufacturer wants to design the TV and has no impact on compatibility.

The PS4 will be able to output an HDR signal if the TV says it can accept an HDR signal.
MrCollective2 h, 41 m ago

is HDR that important or even noticeable for the majority of games to …is HDR that important or even noticeable for the majority of games to justify the additional cost. I can tell the difference in Horizon but I wouldn't buy a 2nd TV for the office specifically for it.

It wouldn't be noticable if you're using an XD70/XE70. I'd imagine the only difference you're seeing in horizon is that the overall picture is brighter or dimmer than you expect. To get a decent amount of the benefits of HDR you need quite an expensive TV at the moment. The XE90 would be a good starting point in Sony's range.

But back on topic, the LG UJ630 has an unusual subpixel structure and while this doesn't have much affect on TV use it's not ideal for PC so out of those two I'd go for the MU6100.
EndlessWaves30 m ago

I'd imagine the only difference you're seeing in horizon is that the …I'd imagine the only difference you're seeing in horizon is that the overall picture is brighter or dimmer than you expect. To get a decent amount of the benefits of HDR you need quite an expensive TV at the moment.

Oh, sorry I didnt word it very well, I dont have a full HDR TV to play the console on, the Sony in the living room is limited HDR with an 8Bit + FRC.

I was comparing in Currys prior to purchasing the X690E, they had the Pro on a Sony (flagship) something or other. I put the Pro to 4K as the dipsticks working hadn't done this and enabled HDR on TV and console. The difference to me wasn't worth the price difference at all.
I have the Sony XE90 and cannot recommend it highly enough.
Thanks for the feedback guys. I got the LG (for now). 4k looks quite badass. PS4 Pro can play on both [2160P - YUV420] or [2160p- RGB]. Tv also has a game mode which works flawlessly for the PC. Only negative I'd say is when watching TV from an angle, the colours looks abit washed out. It's not a major problem for me as i sit direct infront of the TV but something to note.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants