4k UHD on Amazon Prime

Found 8th Dec 2017
Does anyone know how to find the UHD version of The Grand Tour? The normal HD version is right there in front of you in the menu but trying to find the 4k version is proving difficult.

They have a section for 4k Films but none that I can find for 4k TV shows.

I'm using their App on a Samsung Smart TV.
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
On ours Samsung it just started in HD
eslick32 m ago

On ours Samsung it just started in HD

I've found it now. I had to find the original season in UHD and then I was able to change the seasons.
It's in UHD and HDR, makes their faces looks very red.
Zuulan1 m ago

I've found it now. I had to find the original season in UHD and then I …I've found it now. I had to find the original season in UHD and then I was able to change the seasons.It's in UHD and HDR, makes their faces looks very red.

Yeah thought the same, something up with James face, enjoy the show.
Edited by: "eslick" 8th Dec 2017
Loncf8
Fi733 m ago

Loncf8

Pardon?
eslick10 m ago

Yeah thought the same, something up with James face, enjoy the show.

I watched the whole show in HD before I found the UHD version. I'm a bit peeved about that. No idea why Amazon have the UHD version so well hidden.

I thought the show was too much like the old Top Gear, very disappointing because I thought Season 1 was much better. A star in a car again. Pointless.

I wonder if the red faces colour problem is because although I have a 4K TV, it's doesn't have HDR.
Ours does and it was the same, yeah not sure what to think of the show it was good but still think it needs to up it’s game. Do wonder as well about the star in the car piece does seem pointless as you said.
Zuulan12 m ago

Pardon?

Sorry. It was the kids.
Zuulan10 h, 11 m ago

No idea why Amazon have the UHD version so well hidden.

Maybe Amazon don't want us steaming the 4k version because it eats up their bandwidth?

Amazon just use the 4k availability to advertise their service to make it sound good.
I found the UHD version straight away when I looked at the App on my Xbox One X. They do look a bit weird, but I guess thats because they're all old and clapped out. Scenery was great though
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants