Groups

4month old daughter has got sticky eyes

hi my 4month old daughter started with a sticky eye yesterday, all gunky and green, ive been cleaning it with warm water and cotton balls, its started in the other eye this evening. i just wondered if anyone knows if you can buy drops from the chemist or am i better going to the GP, shes not in any discomfort shes her normal happy self. just wanted abit of advice as im a first time mum. thanks

20 Comments

sounds like a bit of conjunctivitis, you can get stuff over the counter, but i'd go to the gp then you won't have to pay for the drops or ointment whichever they give you:thumbsup:

sounds like Conjunctivitis which i think is contageous, but with some cream/drops is easily cleared up :thumbsup:

richp;7565847

sounds like Conjunctivitis which i think is contageous.

extremely contageous, eye drops suck though

it is very contagious, but easily treated

my little girl got conjunctivitus when she was about a month ...doc said it is normal for young babys to get it . You will have to go to docs if the warmwaterisnt clearing it

doctor will also tell you not to share a pillow or towels etc

Mod & Ed

Tinkytayls;7565868

my little girl got conjunctivitus when she was about a month ...doc said … my little girl got conjunctivitus when she was about a month ...doc said it is normal for young babys to get it . You will have to go to docs if the warmwaterisnt clearing it

+1 my 13 week old had it a couple of weeks ago, health visitor suggested trying very dilute saline solution, but when that didn't work took her to gp and they prescribed drops, cleared up very quickly, but you have to follow the presribed course or it could come back just as quick:thumbsup:

Original Poster

its not to bad at the moment but it doesnt look very nice when she opens her eye after a nap, it doesnt help when shes rubbing her eyes, will see how it is tomorrow and will go to GP on monday, its a shame you cant just get stuff free from the chemist with a maternity exemption or whatever they are instead of messing about going to the doctors for a prescription for simple things like liquid paracetamol and creams etc.

Try johnsons baby shampoo diluted with warm water and bathe them in it.

Go to the GP, or ring NHS Direct.

End thread here>>>

Yeap conjunctivitis. Poor girl.

Make sure you put mitts on her else she'll make it worst.

when my baby had it the doc said to clean it with my breast milk and it worked a treat,

falsey73;7566089

when my baby had it the doc said to clean it with my breast milk and it … when my baby had it the doc said to clean it with my breast milk and it worked a treat,

thats just nasty

im gonna go throw up

micoo;7566112

thats just nastyim gonna go throw up

its natural, plus just trying to help the op which isn't you:whistling:

micoo;7566112

thats just nastyim gonna go throw up

You sound a tad jealous, do you want bathed with breast milk too?

clean her eyes using cooled boiled water and cotton wool just wipe each eye other once with cotton wool then disgard it and use fresh piece to wipe across eye again.dont use same cotton wool for both eyes just use each piece for one wipe.use it as often as u can and it should clear up without using drops

falsey73;7566089

when my baby had it the doc said to clean it with my breast milk and it … when my baby had it the doc said to clean it with my breast milk and it worked a treat,

I have to agree, and it worked a treat when my daughter was a couple of months old. Apparently breast milk has its own natural antibodies. Within a day or 2, it had all cleared up.

edjaned;7566153

clean her eyes using cooled boiled water and cotton wool just wipe each … clean her eyes using cooled boiled water and cotton wool just wipe each eye other once with cotton wool then disgard it and use fresh piece to wipe across eye again.dont use same cotton wool for both eyes just use each piece for one wipe.use it as often as u can and it should clear up without using drops

+1;-)
    very common in young bubs

falsey73;7566089

My brother was told the same and it worked for his son who was only a couple of weeks old.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…11
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?88
      4. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831126

See more discussions