Groups

4SevenHD no signal

Banned
    Since I noticed this channel is available on freeview I have yet to view the channel. When I tune to the channel on on my Sony TV and also on my Talktalk youview box I get no signal message.

Can anyone advise any solution, I tried retuning in TV and still no luck.

7 Comments

Just tried it on my sony and it's fine. Maybe your aerial isnt up to it.

Original Poster Banned

strange I'm able to pick up other HD channels except BBC news HD and RT HD

have you tried rescanning? that should fix it
    Edited by: "Wazz2013" 26th Aug 2016

Hd channels have regional variations

Eg i can't get bbc news, 4seven or bbc4 in hd yet can get bbc1, 2,itv,ch4,ch5 in hd

Try a manual scan for that channel. You should be able to find the frequency on the web then move the Aerial all over till you get the sweet spot

Original Poster Banned

chocci

Hd channels have regional variationsEg i can't get bbc news, 4seven or … Hd channels have regional variationsEg i can't get bbc news, 4seven or bbc4 in hd yet can get bbc1, 2,itv,ch4,ch5 in hd

Same boat as you, but I do get BBC4

powerjumps18

strange I'm able to pick up other HD channels except BBC news HD and RT HD

That suggests you're missing the entire Com7 multiplex. The first thing I'd do is to look up your local TV transmitter on a site like UKFreeTV and make sure it's being broadcast to you.

If it is then the next thing I'd check is the frequencies. If it's at the top or bottom end of the spectrum for your transmitter than your aerial may not be suitable for receiving it.

For example my local transmitter is tacolneston. If you scroll down to the frequency change over time section then you can see that the frequency has shifted downwards over time, so any antennas installed in the analogue or early freeview era that were designed to maximise receptions of C52-C65/68 are being asked to pick up channels on a different frequency and some locations may struggle or not be able to do so at all.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions