Found 30th Sep 2016
How do you get the 5% additional discount?

Is it automatic once you have enrolled or do you log into nus extra to apply the code?

10 Comments

Code was STUDENT5 and i'm pretty sure it's expired now, you had to sign up as a new student prime member.

You get a code from the NUS site when registered, you then apply the code against your first purchase, and it will remain on your account until the 31 OCT 2016, at which point either the code is renewed or Amazon stop doing it.

kiish

Code was STUDENT5 and i'm pretty sure it's expired now, you had to sign … Code was STUDENT5 and i'm pretty sure it's expired now, you had to sign up as a new student prime member.

That was for the £5.00 voucher, the OP is referring to the 5% off everything for being a student regardless of prime status.

Note also, that the 5% is capped at £75.00. so you can spend £1500 before the 5% stops, its also worth remembering that you can select to use the discount or not.. so its effective to not use the discount on the smaller value things and save it for the larger purchases.

Edited by: "haritori" 30th Sep 2016

haritori

Note also, that the 5% is capped at £75.00. so you can spend £1500 before … Note also, that the 5% is capped at £75.00. so you can spend £1500 before the 5% stops, its also worth remembering that you can select to use the discount or not.. so its effective to not use the discount on the smaller value things and save it for the larger purchases.

​Why would that make a difference? 5% is still 5% whether you get it off £10 or £100. Just lasts longer if you use for small amounts. If you buy 10 £10 items you will still get same off as a £100 item.

master10

​Why would that make a difference? 5% is still 5% whether you get it off £ … ​Why would that make a difference? 5% is still 5% whether you get it off £10 or £100. Just lasts longer if you use for small amounts. If you buy 10 £10 items you will still get same off as a £100 item.

It wouldnt, but personally I feel I get better value when I save 5% on say an XBOX One s than using it up in pennies one my smaller purchases throughout the year, its very easy to use the £75.00 on bits and pieces and then when you buy something large you have run out. I reached my cap very quickly.
Edited by: "haritori" 30th Sep 2016

Original Poster

haritori

You get a code from the NUS site when registered, you then apply the code … You get a code from the NUS site when registered, you then apply the code against your first purchase, and it will remain on your account until the 31 OCT 2016, at which point either the code is renewed or Amazon stop doing it.

did this and it worked.

thanks

Original Poster

haritori

It wouldnt, but personally I feel I get better value when I save 5% on … It wouldnt, but personally I feel I get better value when I save 5% on say an XBOX One s than using it up in pennies one my smaller purchases throughout the year, its very easy to use the £75.00 on bits and pieces and then when you buy something large you have run out. I reached my cap very quickly.

why is there a cap? I didn't know there was one. does it say in NUS?
is it an annual cap or lifetime?

breeville

why is there a cap? I didn't know there was one. does it say in NUS?is it … why is there a cap? I didn't know there was one. does it say in NUS?is it an annual cap or lifetime?

Annual I think. it says in the terms on NUS site.
Edited by: "haritori" 7th Oct 2016

Original Poster

ive spent around 500 quid already. Was hoping to take advantage of black Friday offers. Hopefully all will be fine by then.

still good so cant complain.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ZAVVI and Pre-Orders22
    2. Building a PC Need Help!33
    3. Do I need a gigabit switch or will 10/100mbps be sufficient22
    4. What's this on my neighbours roof?1820

See more discussions