Groups

5 arrested for sale of kodi boxes

Just seen on sky news. 5 people have been arrested for the sale of fully loaded kodi boxes. (Boxes which allow free access to paid for services)

Five held in 'fully loaded' Kodi streaming box raids
    news.sky.com/sto…562

60 Comments

they should arrest every single buyer of an amazon firestick then

hahahaha just read the story.... Rhyl ... make no wonder they got arrested ... there's **** all else to do in Rhyl than watch tv X)

What about buyers of the boxes is that ok (_;)

comment number 1 and a youtube search - and you can do it yourself in 5 minutes!

bit of a strange decision when the test cases haven't been heard yet, Wonder if they know they are going to lose and have started a new attack.
    Before this I was 100% sure they would win the test case, now not so much.

Original Poster

julieallen

bit of a strange decision when the test cases haven't been heard yet, … bit of a strange decision when the test cases haven't been heard yet, Wonder if they know they are going to lose and have started a new attack.Before this I was 100% sure they would win the test case, now not so much.

It almost the same as them prosecuting the people that run torrent sites etc. Something to do with enabling distribution of copyright materials. They basically make this rubbish up to try and do people for not conforming to how companies and the government want you to act. They always get you for something if they want.

julieallen

Before this I was 100% sure they would win the test case

Not sure why you would be so sure of this...

waterloo

Yes as streaming content is not illegal.

If you are walking around wearing fake CK boxer shorts you aren't going to jail for that....

If the seller of those shorts is going round openly advertising FAKE CK SHORTS FOR SALE then there's a chance he'll be in some trouble eventually

Banned

Just started.

They are going to go all out

I wonder if they'll mysteriously plead guilty, like that Scottish torrenting woman inexplicably did. X)

No pesky trials, brown paper envelopes all round, the unwashed masses think streaming is now illegal, the tech-literate carry on as normal, coke and twinks party aboard David Geffens yacht for some Welsh police chiefs...

Heard of Kodi before but this has piqued my interest.

Hypothetically, if one were to acquire this box, with Kodi software on it, it could somehow allow one to watch Amazon Prime or Netflix, for free?

arcangel111

hahahaha just read the story.... Rhyl ... make no wonder they got … hahahaha just read the story.... Rhyl ... make no wonder they got arrested ... there's **** all else to do in Rhyl than watch tv X)

The Sun Centre must have been closed...

Surprised Amazon get away with selling them "fulfilled by amazon" fully loaded with p0rn & movies. Must of soldthousands by now,surely they're a big fish in the supply of these types of boxes now?

amazon.co.uk/s/r…odi
    Edited by: "OldEnglish" 9th Feb

Vanderlust

Heard of Kodi before but this has piqued my interest. Hypothetically, if … Heard of Kodi before but this has piqued my interest. Hypothetically, if one were to acquire this box, with Kodi software on it, it could somehow allow one to watch Amazon Prime or Netflix, for free?

​you could watch all the content for free but it doesn't just give you amazon prime and netflix if you know what i mean. why anyone would want amazon video is another question X)

jymufc

​you could watch all the content for free but it doesn't just give you a … ​you could watch all the content for free but it doesn't just give you amazon prime and netflix if you know what i mean. why anyone would want amazon video is another question X)

It does have Mr Robot going for it.

I don't see why most people buy the boxes anyway, I just put Kodi on an old android phone and connect it to my TV, works great.

Mermoo

The Sun Centre must have been closed...

Closed, it's gone

If anything they might go the non declaring of income and tax avoidance, assuming they are selling these on the side.

julieallen

Before this I was 100% sure they would win the test case

waterloo

OldEnglish

Surprised Amazon get away with selling them "fulfilled by amazon" fully … Surprised Amazon get away with selling them "fulfilled by amazon" fully loaded with p0rn & movies. Must of soldthousands by now,surely they're a big fish in the supply of these types of boxes now?https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/255-7550498-7831713?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=kodi

Because of the circumventing laws in copyright laws, same as mod chips, they are enabling a device to allow it to circumvent encrypted or protected content. I will bet the case makes more mention of allowing live sky channels to be viewed, than the availability of films etc.

RossD89

Yes as streaming content is not illegal.

Not always, if its a torrent based stream then you are distributing

The boxes aren't illegal yet, well the possibly are but until the test cases are heard they are legal, so no reason for amazon not to sell them.

123thisisme

I don't see why most people buy the boxes anyway, I just put Kodi on an … I don't see why most people buy the boxes anyway, I just put Kodi on an old android phone and connect it to my TV, works great.

​Some of us like stable, wired internet connectivity over flaky WiFi

caverncity

Closed, it's gone

Can you please provide a guide me how to do this on an Old android phone I have? Any minimum specs required in the handset? I am interesed in finding out what all the fuss is about.

Thanks in advance.

Onlydongles

Can you please provide a guide me how to do this on an Old android phone … Can you please provide a guide me how to do this on an Old android phone I have? .

Download the Kodi complete installer from Google play, it will help you install kodi and all the most common add-ons.

paulsalmon77

It does have Mr Robot going for it.

And Vikings

Thanks guys. Really appreciated. WIll give it a shot later tonite.

Cheers.

caverncity

Closed, it's gone

Well that explains all this delinquent behaviour...

julieallen

Because of the circumventing laws in copyright laws, same as mod chips, … Because of the circumventing laws in copyright laws, same as mod chips, they are enabling a device to allow it to circumvent encrypted or protected content. I will bet the case makes more mention of allowing live sky channels to be viewed, than the availability of films etc.Not always, if its a torrent based stream then you are distributingThe boxes aren't illegal yet, well the possibly are but until the test cases are heard they are legal, so no reason for amazon not to sell them.

The boxes will never be illegal.

g8spur

​agree, it would be the equivalent of banning cars because they are capable of speeding.

The sellers deserve it IMO.

By all means, sell the boxes. But don't bundle pirated movie links on it and then openly sell it under your business.

123thisisme

Download the Kodi complete installer from Google play, it will help you … Download the Kodi complete installer from Google play, it will help you install kodi and all the most common add-ons.

Sorry guys. Doesnt work. My Android has 4.2.1 Jelly bean and says not compatible.

Any other solutions?

Thanks

Waste of Police time if you ask me, I'd much rather them go after real criminals and respond to real crimes rather than going after someone selling a Kodi box with a couple of add-ons installed. In some areas the police don't even respond to crimes like Burglaries, Theft, Vandalism etc but they show up in force for this! pathetic really.

Onlydongles

Sorry guys. Doesnt work. My Android has 4.2.1 Jelly bean and says not … Sorry guys. Doesnt work. My Android has 4.2.1 Jelly bean and says not compatible.Any other solutions?Thanks

I was going to say buy a second hand phone off ebay, but you may as well just buy one of the boxes then.

Oh well. Thanks your inputs.

Is there a minimum criteria for this KODI on Android/version phones?

g8spur

I didn't say they were, I was replying to a comment about fully loaded boxes being on sale at amazon, so would have thought it was pretty obvious thats what my comment referred to.
    Android boxes - Legal
    Android boxes modified with software to allow circumvention of encryption - most likely illegal in my view, but we will find out sometime this year for sure.

julieallen

I didn't say they were, I was replying to a comment about fully loaded … I didn't say they were, I was replying to a comment about fully loaded boxes being on sale at amazon, so would have thought it was pretty obvious thats what my comment referred to.Android boxes - LegalAndroid boxes modified with software to allow circumvention of encryption - most likely illegal in my view, but we will find out sometime this year for sure.

Can they make a box with software illegal? Surely it would be the selling of the box knowingly, or the usage of the software.

I would imagine the boxes with software won't be illegal ever, and people will sell them as boxes with "handy software wink wink" or some noncence

123thisisme

I was going to say buy a second hand phone off ebay, but you may as well … I was going to say buy a second hand phone off ebay, but you may as well just buy one of the boxes then.

HI Again

WHat are the best add ons (mainly sports, movies and other foreign channels.) that I will need to download and add?

A bit of a newbie here. So any idiots guide would eb nice.

Thanks

Onlydongles

HI AgainWHat are the best add ons (mainly sports, movies and other … HI AgainWHat are the best add ons (mainly sports, movies and other foreign channels.) that I will need to download and add?A bit of a newbie here. So any idiots guide would eb nice.Thanks

Download from google play - complete Kodi setup wizard, it will guide you through and add the addons for you.

123Thisisme, Thanks a lot for such nice advice.

Really appreciated and will be useful to many !

Cheers.

I guess "WebUser" mag is going to be in trouble this month then

arcangel111

they should arrest every single buyer of an amazon firestick then

​Well that makes zero sense
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767204
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1013
      3. word association Game73844474
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553782

See more discussions