Groups

5 Broken PS4 Controllers

Getting beyond a joke now, I have never thrown my controller in rage, however now have 5 broken controllers in my baskets, 4 will not turn on, and one with no sprint problem, also 2 that won't turn on had the no sprint problem too, I tried looking online but seems nothing works other then repairing which Im no good at, people will say ''im on my first'' but its quite clear many people have these issues and was wondering if xbox controller are better? if so might switch over because it be hell of alot cheaper

21 Comments

Every controller has 12 months manufacture warranty. Why are you not taking this up with Sony??? Send one in and buy a second whilst being replaced. God knows why you've gone through five then threatened to go to xbox

Can't help you, but it suggests you're either incredibly unlucky or incredibly heavy handed. I've had the original controller since release, which I sold to CEX when the John lewis were selling them cheap and it made sense to trade in for the same cost and an extra 2 years warranty.

Give them back, I had a faulty controller and they replaced it even though It was 6 months old

Original Poster

dalecool92

Every controller has 12 months manufacture warranty. Why are you not … Every controller has 12 months manufacture warranty. Why are you not taking this up with Sony??? Send one in and buy a second whilst being replaced. God knows why you've gone through five then threatened to go to xbox

we have two consoles and so 3 mine 2 my dads, and all are about a year old when they started breaking, pretty much buying one a year

my two kids under 4 years old have sat on, jumped on, dropped from great heights and given a good old washing to my ps4 control pads and they are absolutely fine. i find control pads are like 2nd hand cars, they want to be abused in order to keep them going..

Is your charger burning them out?

I've had like 6 since launch, (rage) so I invested in a cronus max and and xbox one controller to play my ps with, best decision I ever made

whelan189

Getting beyond a joke now, I have never thrown my controller in … Getting beyond a joke now, I have never thrown my controller in rage, however now have 5 broken controllers in my baskets, 4 will not turn on, and one with no sprint problem, also 2 that won't turn on had the no sprint problem too, I tried looking online but seems nothing works other then repairing which Im no good at, people will say ''im on my first'' but its quite clear many people have these issues and was wondering if xbox controller are better? if so might switch over because it be hell of alot cheaper

Are you buying them new or second hand? If new, as someone has said simply return for replacement/refund?

Do you charge them with the USB plugged into the PS4 or via mains charger?
    I have a friend who, after 3 controllers he charged via mains USB charger developed a fault, changed to charging via PS4 and his new controllers have been fine, maybe co-incidence but.....

I'm, still on my original 2 controllers from launch day, still no thumb grip issue either...8)
    Edited by: "andynicol" 12th Mar

Trollers gon be trolling.

I still have my launch pad with no problems and a second with no issue too ..... don't know what your doing to yours !?

If you are a bit tech savvy then I would suggest you follow some youtube videos, take them all apart, try the battery in in all of them and a charger, then you can narrow down the fault, as for the no sprint, maybe broken analogue sticks or maybe the actual board which is a bit more difficult to fix, all parts are cheap on ebay so if you dont want to spend a lot more money then fix them. to be honest, I have only ever broken an xbox controller not a ps4 one.

I also have had two since October 2014 that are still working great. Played daily and only charged with the PS4. Mine have been dropped off the sofa, kicked by the dogs and normal wear and tear. You sure someone else is not raging on them..

Had 3 controllers since the PS4 launch. Invested in thumb stick covers and had zero problems with any of them. Maybe it's a targeted campaign by Sony to annoy and get more money out of you? There's possibly a whole division of the company set aside to making your life a misery?
    Sony Illuminati CONFIRMED!

argos.co.uk/pro…023

Try a charging station like this, I had issues before with it charging from the top of the controller but no issues with this type although a little fiddly to get on, also don't be scared of opening one up and ensuring all ribbon cables are intact

Mine have been fine aswell, I also have thumbgrips on mine and charge via a cable or my official sony dock. I don't tend to play and charge at the same time either.
    Edited by: "INDUSTRYHATER" 12th Mar

do you have a warranty on them?

Are these brand new from a shop or brought online? Had mine since launch and the only thing I had to change is the plastic thumb sticks with metal ones for better grip.

2 controllers since I bought a ps4 never had issues with either even though they have been dropped from a height a few times (clumsy nephew)

whelan189

Getting beyond a joke now, I have never thrown my controller in … Getting beyond a joke now, I have never thrown my controller in rage, however now have 5 broken controllers in my baskets, 4 will not turn on, and one with no sprint problem, also 2 that won't turn on had the no sprint problem too, I tried looking online but seems nothing works other then repairing which Im no good at, people will say ''im on my first'' but its quite clear many people have these issues and was wondering if xbox controller are better? if so might switch over because it be hell of alot cheaper

Yes, they're rubbish! I was reading about the sprint problem recently... apparently it's a tiny piece of plastic in the left thumbstick that breaks very easily causing this to happen. Very annoying when I play on a friends Playstation. It's not his first controller to do this.

Seems Playstation have an evergrowing list of problems. Some consoles like to randomly eject discs, and the best of it is, they're not discriminate when they do.... in game or when it's off!!

Get on PC, you can upgrade individual components, better performance, cheaper games and no subscription fee. Oh and not to mention everything a PC can do that a Playstation can't.

Original Poster

xfaxfa

Yes, they're rubbish! I was reading about the sprint problem recently... … Yes, they're rubbish! I was reading about the sprint problem recently... apparently it's a tiny piece of plastic in the left thumbstick that breaks very easily causing this to happen. Very annoying when I play on a friends Playstation. It's not his first controller to do this.Seems Playstation have an evergrowing list of problems. Some consoles like to randomly eject discs, and the best of it is, they're not discriminate when they do.... in game or when it's off!!Get on PC, you can upgrade individual components, better performance, cheaper games and no subscription fee. Oh and not to mention everything a PC can do that a Playstation can't.

is a growing thing i'm thinking of however feel maybe in a few months will be time as i have a 3-4 games i play i paid for digitally dont really wanna buy them again on another console so might be something i do soon
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. MSE collective energy deal coming to an end Autumn23
      2. Iptv1226
      3. Are smart parking limited legitimate56
      4. Music download78

See more discussions