EXPIRED

5 * Hotels-How much?

Hi there,

I've been trying to get a 5 * room in any area of London for September 14th from priceline.co.uk, however my bids of up to £85ish are to low. Does anybody know what price I should be looking at paying through this website for such a room?

Thanks in advance for your help

4 Comments

You may be bidding too far away from the date, I usually find the best prices within the week of the time I want the room, but I know a lot of people don't like that uncertainty

I would say you should be getting close at that price but who knows... what areas are you bidding for? It may be a bit too low also as there is a fair jump in price from a four star to a five star.

Original Poster

Thanks for your response. I'm not really bothered about areas, so long as I can get there easy enough. I dont really want to wait that long as its for my girlfriends birthday....just really wanted to see what I should expect to pay.

Cheers

Hi again Stuart,

I did some poking around trying to find what other people have paid and it looks like around £100-£110 for something like St. James Sofitel or Le Meridien Picadilly (seem to be the 5* hotels that come up in Priceline). Don't bid more than that I'd say.

If you want some more help let me know. I know Priceline is a little intimidating if you haven't used it before just make sure you don't click on 4 star!!

Not sure about the star rating however i stay in the Hilton London Metropole a lot for a rate of £75 from either hilton.co.uk or hotels.com The hotel is beside edgware road tube and just a couple of mins walk from paddington.

Last time i stayed was last wednesday and got that rate no problem again.

Either site can be used with Quidco.com and quidco offers £10 cashback for each stay so might be worth considering.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Iptv810
    2. Parcel2go - missing parcel to italy33
    3. Random messages from a Mod called CUZZY33
    4. Where has the Freebies section gone ?23

See more discussions