Groups

5 year extended warranties?

Hi,

I was planning on buying a 5 year extended warranty for a new TV from Richer Sounds, but someone mentioned that the Sale of Goods Act actually should cover me for up to 6 years?

If that is the case, I want to know what the point of me or anyone buying a 5 year warranty on TVs is ??!

Thanks very much

7 Comments

The operative words are "Up to" 6 years.

It depends on the amount you spend on your T.V. If it is £100, the sale of goods act may cover it for 2 years, if you spent £3000, the Sale Of Goods Act may cover for 6 years.

Generally, warranties are worthless. Richer Sounds used to offer a money back warranty, have they changed this now?

Original Poster

thesaint;3174692

The operative words are "Up to" 6 years.It depends on the amount you … The operative words are "Up to" 6 years.It depends on the amount you spend on your T.V. If it is £100, the sale of goods act may cover it for 2 years, if you spent £3000, the Sale Of Goods Act may cover for 6 years.Generally, warranties are worthless. Richer Sounds used to offer a money back warranty, have they changed this now?

Oh, it depends on value? I thought it literally was based on how long a product is expected to last, and in my opinion, any TV should be expected to last at least a few years...

By the way, it is selling for £600, and an extra £60 for their 5 year warranty. So do you think I should actually buy it from them?

I checked the site, and I don't think they offer a money-back guarantee, apart from within the first 45 days.

Thanks

shyam;3174724

Oh, it depends on value? I thought it literally was based on how long a … Oh, it depends on value? I thought it literally was based on how long a product is expected to last, and in my opinion, any TV should be expected to last at least a few years...By the way, it is selling for £600, and an extra £60 for their 5 year warranty. So do you think I should actually buy it from them?I checked the site, and I don't think they offer a money-back guarantee, apart from within the first 45 days.Thanks

If I were you I'd maybe think about getting John Lewis to 'Price Match' that set as their price will include the 5 year warranty. Their warranty is about the best you'll get as it isn't tied to a third party but is their own in-house warranty.

Original Poster

thehitman;3174845

If I were you I'd maybe think about getting John Lewis to 'Price Match' … If I were you I'd maybe think about getting John Lewis to 'Price Match' that set as their price will include the 5 year warranty. Their warranty is about the best you'll get as it isn't tied to a third party but is their own in-house warranty.

John Lewis don't sell that TV!

But, this warranty is direct with RS too.

yeh i got an richer sound 5 yr warranty with my tv, it is an at home warranty.

richersounds.com/inf…nfo

have a looksy here, i have not used mine so cannot say if it is any good. hopefully will not have to, got it free with my sony tv 3 months ago, but nice to have that 5 yr peace of mind. hope it helps:thumbsup:

Original Poster

irshybar;3176117

yeh i got an richer sound 5 yr warranty with my tv, it is an at home … yeh i got an richer sound 5 yr warranty with my tv, it is an at home warranty.http://www.richersounds.com/information.php?cda=static&cst=supercare_info#supercarehave a looksy here, i have not used mine so cannot say if it is any good. hopefully will not have to, got it free with my sony tv 3 months ago, but nice to have that 5 yr peace of mind. hope it helps:thumbsup:

How'd you manage to get it free?!

shyam;3176519

How'd you manage to get it free?!

i got them to price match a nother website who were ad vertising free 5 yr warranty.
    a few months ago the sony tv i bought was on sale on most websites and they were all giving 5 yrs warrnty with it, i asked RS to price match promise and also got £10 off the tv.:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. WHY CANT I JUST TYPE IN THE TEXT BOX34
      2. TEKKEN goes mobile (iOS/Andorid)24
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3781462
      4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…2176

See more discussions