£50 gift vouchers gain 150 Tesco clubcard points

Found 8th Mar 2015
My wife has an online Next account and has a bill sent through each month. This month (somehow without my knowledge) she's managed to spend over £200 on the account. Instead of paying it off like she normally does each month, a work colleague suggested buying Next Gift Vouchers from Tesco and use them to pay it off. Tesco not only give 150 points for every £50 spent on vouchers but it also goes towards the 2p off per litre of fuel for every £50 spent.

Today, we earnt 600 points and got 8p off a litre of fuel to pay off her Next bill, rather than just paying it off as normal.

This is great if you want to buy any furniture through Next (or any other expensive things from a high street store).
Community Updates
MiscGift Card
29 Comments
http://curezone.com/upload/_A_Forums/Ask/A_Cunning_Plan.jpg
Great tip - thank you. Will be useful for us around sale time.
Wish I knew this before as just last month paid a bill of £245. My hubby doesn't know how I managed that either;)
I've just ordered £200 clothes so I'll use this trick to pay it off. Thanks
Excellent I will try that on my rather large (secret) next bill
Will this also work if you want to pay the minimum payment? As this sounds like an awesome idea. Also did you buy your git card online or instore?
Is this instore cards only as i can't find the next cards online?
My next giftcard from Tesco was only valid in store ? :-/
You can do the same with Morrisons except its only 1p off a litre but handy if you don't have a Tesco. I find that the fuel saving wipes out the equivalent interest charge on my Next account.
I do this with Sainsbury's and nectar points too.
£200 gift cards in Morrisons would give you 20p off each litre of fuel. Think the clubcard points would be worth more though??
KerryBerry26

My next giftcard from Tesco was only valid in store ? :-/

You can use the gift cards online to pay your bill, you can't use a refund card online though.
I've been doing this for the last 6 or 7 months since the 150 points per £50 spend was first posted on the clubcard points threads.

I've never had a problem using the gift cards.

The tills don't like more than 4 cards on a single transaction so I usually go straight to customer services.
Sainsburys website says they don't give nectar points for gift cards
Just received 750 tesco points when I bought £250 in next vouchers
You wouldn't want to know my total bill lol
That's a good tip, Sir
Does it have to be a £50 card to get the club card points as I just bought a £20 card and never got any club card points. Cheers.
how do i sign up for a next card any refer a friend bonus linkees??
mibaker1972

Does it have to be a £50 card to get the club card points as I just … Does it have to be a £50 card to get the club card points as I just bought a £20 card and never got any club card points. Cheers.

Yes t does - it has to be £50 in total spend, any denominations
Edited by: "Chanchi32" 10th Mar 2015
Chanchi32

Yes t does - it has to be £50

What about two twenties and a ten ?
I'm sure this will work for shops other than Next too. I noticed they also sell Argos gift cards. Im not sure if they Currys/PCWorld cards but if you're needing a new TV or something, it's worth looking in Tesco for gift cards when you've decided what to buy and from where.
According to tesco website 150 Clubcard points awarded when you spend £50 in a single transaction on selected branded gift cards, excluding Tesco Gift Cards, xbox gift cards, F&F gift cards and blinkbox gift cards.
My wife initially tried buying a £20 card but no points. It is just for multiples of £50.
The Tesco website doesn't show the Next cards, we got them instore and paid off the bill online.

Also, a few selected cards currently have 20% off (like £25 itunes currently £20).
Edited by: "fishus101" 10th Mar 2015
Monkeybumcheeks

What about two twenties and a ten ?

yep
Like it !!
Monkeybumcheeks

Like it !!

You can buy 3V cards at face value in Tesco with no fee e.g. £25 each & then use to buy Amazon gift certificates to apply to your account. So a good way to earn 150 cc points points per £50 Amazon spend.
Edited by: "Chanchi32" 10th Mar 2015
Must resist the urge to spend just for the sake of it !! X)
is this when you buy these giftcards oonline or does it count fo in-store too? Theres ones i want in store but not so much online... but i asked in storw and the guy didnt know what i was on about...
espirit77

how do i sign up for a next card any refer a friend bonus linkees??

You order a next card instore once u have a next account
It doesn't work !! Tesco don't give you clubcard points for tesco vouchers because it's 3rdparty I tried to buy 3 £50 vouchers they told me no points !!
Deb3778

It doesn't work !! Tesco don't give you clubcard points for tesco … It doesn't work !! Tesco don't give you clubcard points for tesco vouchers because it's 3rdparty I tried to buy 3 £50 vouchers they told me no points !!

From the Tesco website 150 Clubcard points awarded when you spend £50 in a single transaction on selected branded gift cards, excluding Tesco Gift Cards, xbox gift cards, F&F gift cards and blinkbox gift cards.

Clearly Tesco receive some sort of cut for selling other retailers' gift cards, hence why they will give points but they won't give you points for buying Tesco vouchers as you can only spend them in Tesco and you'd get points for shopping in Tesco anyway. They're not gonna give you the points twice, once for buying the gift card and again for spending the gift card instore.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants