50% Half Price Sky - NEW AND EXISTING CUSTOMERS!

Found 16th Jun 2014
Just reading a thread on here for existing customers getting 50% off there sky package.

Just rang them (numbers below) saying I received a letter from sky saying as a new customer I can get 50% off.

The lady transferred me to sales and the sales agent said no problems I can do that ... will just need a code from my manager.

Viola ... I got 12 month sky TV Family package for £16 a month (plus £25 installation fee) as a new customer.

This works also if you're an existing sky customer in contract.

Number to call is: 0333 202 2135 (this is retentions) I just pressed option 1 for TV. Speak to the lady or man and say you received a letter in the post offering 50% off. She asked me if I had been with sky in the last 12 months I said no. I've not had sky since 2000. She then said she will transfer me to sales. The sales guy just put it through with a manager code. He asked me if I could give him the code on the letter. I said I forgot where I put the letter and he said not to worry, he will get the code from his manager. It's been confirmed via email.

I got the family bundle, but it's free on any bundle INCLUDING Sports.
Community Updates
10 Comments
hhhmmm .. not so sure this will apply to existing customers despite what you say but might be worth a punt ..
HankHandsome

hhhmmm .. not so sure this will apply to existing customers despite what … hhhmmm .. not so sure this will apply to existing customers despite what you say but might be worth a punt ..

I've not had sky or been a sky customer for over 10 years. I got this deal as a new customer ... worth a punt. Email confirmation too.

I used to work for BT and we had to honour any deals like this for customers but on a pro-active basis i.e. if the customer asks for it. Oh yeah I forgot I also had an option to choose between a £25 Tesco voucher, £25 M&S Voucher or a £25 pre-paid MasterCard.
krazyasif786

I've not had sky or been a sky customer for over 10 years..

And there we have it. That's the only reason they'll give you an offer like this.

Anyway, i did try and retentions basically weren't interested. So i'd say it's highly likely it's for new customers only and also those who haven't had a package for some time.
Not hard to get this deal if your an existing customer anyway.. just involves slightly more effort
phone up say you want to cancel.
Wait 31 days till it runs out, on the day your subscription runs out look at your online account. Find a 50% voucher message on the main screen of the my account, phone sky up say you have been offered this..

Worked for me the last 3 years and this year even managed £30 credit on my account aswell

Edited by: "winifer" 16th Jun 2014
winifer

Not hard to get this deal if your an existing customer anyway.. just … Not hard to get this deal if your an existing customer anyway.. just involves slightly more effortphone up say you want to cancel. Wait 31 days till it runs out, on the day your subscription runs out look at your online account. Find a 50% voucher message on the main screen of the my account, phone sky up say you have been offered this.. Worked for me the last 3 years and this year even managed £30 credit on my account aswell

Or just phone up and say you received a letter saying you can get 50% off your sky. They will ask for the code ... say you lost the letter. Viola ... they will get their manager to input the code for you.

Hit and Miss.
krazyasif786

Or just phone up and say you received a letter saying you can get 50% off … Or just phone up and say you received a letter saying you can get 50% off your sky. They will ask for the code ... say you lost the letter. Viola ... they will get their manager to input the code for you.Hit and Miss.

Miss. I said exactly this and they didn't want to know. Obviously i'm nobody special, but i'd bet money that the same will apply to any other existing customer who tries it.
HankHandsome

Miss. I said exactly this and they didn't want to know. Obviously i'm … Miss. I said exactly this and they didn't want to know. Obviously i'm nobody special, but i'd bet money that the same will apply to any other existing customer who tries it.

8 times out of 10 it will If you don't ask you don't get. Also even if you just joined sky ... worth a shot. Worst they say is no:) I bit of Huff, Puff, if required.
Edited by: "krazyasif786" 16th Jun 2014
You have no proof whatsoever that this will work for existing customers, so stop claiming that it will! Sky aren't going to give a full paying customer 50% off unless they are worried that customer will leave.
Viola?
monkey_whiskers

Viola?

Must be a helpful customer service agent or something X)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants