Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

50% off everything for NHS staff on Monday 15th June at Sports Direct

Refreshed 11th Jun (Posted 11th Jun)
This deal is not a guarantee there will be any stock in the store, so please don’t make a trip you wouldn’t have made otherwise just for this item. Please shop responsibly and continue to help slow the spread of Covid-19.

Big fat Mike is offering 50% off everything for NHS staff on Monday 16th June. ID required.

It does say “not valid with any other discount or promotion” so possible only applies to full price items.

I’m sure he’s not being as nice as he wants people to think he is.

50% off for all NHS Staff in Store* (the Promotion)
Terms and Conditions:

1. All NHS staff will receive 50% off their purchase (subject to the exclusions set out in these terms) (the Promotion). The Promotion may be altered or varied at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
2. The Promotion will run from 08:00 on 15/06/2020 until 22:00 on 15/06/2020 (Closing Date). All times are listed in GMT.
3. The Promotion is valid in Sports Direct England stores only.
4. In order to use the Promotion, customers must present valid NHS staff ID at the checkout.
5. The promotion is limited to one purchase/transaction per NHS ID holder. Cannot be used multiple times. Limited to 1 person per household.
6. The decision made by the Promoter as to those persons able to use the Promotion and the products that are eligible for the Promotion is final.
7. The Promotion cannot be used on the purchase of gift cards.
8. Maximum discount amount in a single transaction £500 (£1000 worth in merchandise)
9. The Promoter is Sportsdirect.com Retail Limited whose registered office is at Unit A Brook Park East, Shirebrook, NG20 8RY (the Promoter).
10. No correspondence relating to the Promotion will be entered into.
11. By using this Promotion, you are indicating your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
12. No alternative (cash or otherwise) to the Promotion is available.
13. The Promoter may cancel the Promotion, amend the Closing Date, and/or amend these terms and conditions by giving notice on this webpage.
14. The Promoter accepts no liability for cancellation of the Promotion.
15. The Promotion and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Be very wary here. Most of the stuff in his shops is already discounted and so won't be included. I came across this as a NUFC season ticket holder as I had a 20% off voucher... but couldn't use it on most of the clubshop items (same company as SD) as the items were already 'discounted'. This is nothing more than a footfall driving publicity show in my honest opinion. Happy to be proven wrong as the NHS deserve to be thanked in every way possible. They are the real heroes.
Cultural events no matter how sacred or tragic are preyed upon by companies like Sports Direct. This isn't about helping NHS staff. It's about promoting the brand and making people think it's an altruistic act.
If companies were genuine about helping NHS, you would hear about it in the news and not on a billboard or advert on internet...
TOO LITTLE TOO LATE, OWNER IS ONE OF THE WORST PEOPLE KNOWN TO MAN, TOP OF ANTI-COVID19 LIST.
It’s sports direct it’s going to get cold in here 🥶
138 Comments
It’s sports direct it’s going to get cold in here 🥶
Be very wary here. Most of the stuff in his shops is already discounted and so won't be included. I came across this as a NUFC season ticket holder as I had a 20% off voucher... but couldn't use it on most of the clubshop items (same company as SD) as the items were already 'discounted'. This is nothing more than a footfall driving publicity show in my honest opinion. Happy to be proven wrong as the NHS deserve to be thanked in every way possible. They are the real heroes.
In store no thanks
Yeah, theres literally nothing in sports direct that is full price. Brutal company
Going to be fun in the store ... I'll dig out my NBC suit ...
Cultural events no matter how sacred or tragic are preyed upon by companies like Sports Direct. This isn't about helping NHS staff. It's about promoting the brand and making people think it's an altruistic act.
If companies were genuine about helping NHS, you would hear about it in the news and not on a billboard or advert on internet...
Utterly awful company
Shame the owner won’t return the money he owes Newcastle United season ticket holders.
My days are done here.
TOO LITTLE TOO LATE, OWNER IS ONE OF THE WORST PEOPLE KNOWN TO MAN, TOP OF ANTI-COVID19 LIST.
Yea big fat mike won't be doing any favours here - publicity and using the NHS as pawns.
AnkerMan11/06/2020 18:21

Cultural events no matter how sacred or tragic are preyed upon by …Cultural events no matter how sacred or tragic are preyed upon by companies like Sports Direct. This isn't about helping NHS staff. It's about promoting the brand and making people think it's an altruistic act. If companies were genuine about helping NHS, you would hear about it in the news and not on a billboard or advert on internet...

Are pandemics cultural?? If so which??
Why would a promotion make the news headlines??
Hope chubby Mike sells coats.....its about to get frosty!
I'd think that a Sports Direct store on reopening day is absolutely the last place you'd want NHS workers to be going to.
Lol they always have some promotion. Good luck getting it
rourkey311/06/2020 18:26

Are pandemics cultural?? If so which?? Why would a promotion make the news …Are pandemics cultural?? If so which?? Why would a promotion make the news headlines??

If pandemic wasn't part of the global lexicon before, it is now. A news story would be something like Mike Ashley privately donating half his fortune to NHS while opening his home to the homeless. One story is genuine, the other is selfish promotion...
Edited by: "AnkerMan" 11th Jun
PennyTrader11/06/2020 18:26

Yea big fat mike won't be doing any favours here - publicity and using the …Yea big fat mike won't be doing any favours here - publicity and using the NHS as pawns.

Every body else, right up to boris is using the nhs as their little pawn. It's a drive to get people into stores and nothing less, but as said little is full price so wont apply, and the things which are full price are hugely over inflated so barely worth 50%
AnkerMan11/06/2020 18:35

If pandemic wasn't part of the global lexicon before, it is now. A news …If pandemic wasn't part of the global lexicon before, it is now. A news story would be something like Mike Ashley privately donating half his fortune to NHS while opening his home to the homeless. One story is genuine, the other is selfish promotion...

It's easy to turn up on a sportsdirect post and rubbish Mike Ashley than say something useful about the offer.
If you can, or anyone else can give a reason for the band wagon jumping.
Nope.

Prior to COVID-19, SD stores were a nightmare to navigate around. They're overcrowded with stock and it's almost impossible to find what you need. There is absolutely no way you can social distance in the majority of these stores even with reduced capacity (unless you're good at mazes).
rourkey311/06/2020 18:45

It's easy to turn up on a sportsdirect post and rubbish Mike Ashley than …It's easy to turn up on a sportsdirect post and rubbish Mike Ashley than say something useful about the offer.If you can, or anyone else can give a reason for the band wagon jumping.

Sports direct has made numerous headlines over the years for its shoddy practices, especially towards its employees. For you to call it a band wagon just shows your lack of Insight into the matter. Wise up.
AnkerMan11/06/2020 18:54

Sports direct has made numerous headlines over the years for its shoddy …Sports direct has made numerous headlines over the years for its shoddy practices, especially towards its employees. For you to call it a band wagon just shows your lack of Insight into the matter. Wise up.

What wise up and jump on the band wagon with you. Try and get a few likes!!
Nah I will stick to making my own opinions pal
I’d rather bathe in a vat of pigs lungs than spend any time in a Sports Direct shop.
Edited by: "abcbut" 11th Jun
They could give me 100% off and I still wouldn’t shop with them out of principle
savingsjase11/06/2020 19:09

They could give me 100% off and I still wouldn’t shop with them out of p …They could give me 100% off and I still wouldn’t shop with them out of principle

But then it wouldn't be shopping. It would simply be taking.
Great deal
Phlop011/06/2020 19:11

But then it wouldn't be shopping. It would simply be taking.

Kind of my point, they could say to me that they’d give me stuff and I still wouldn’t take it.... they are disgraceful as a business, not paying their staff properly, having zero hour contracts, poor work conditions and very dodgy business practices.
rourkey311/06/2020 19:03

What wise up and jump on the band wagon with you. Try and get a few …What wise up and jump on the band wagon with you. Try and get a few likes!!Nah I will stick to making my own opinions pal

I fear you are surrounded by pitchfork waving yokels who don suits of self-righteous outrage at the mere mention of Sports Direct. Far better to ignore them whilst they are feverishly hitting the ( - ) button.
In theory this is a good deal. In practice, is not. Pretty much everything is on sale at SD, all the time. You can have the discount on full price items only. You'll hardly find something at full price and at the end you will spend some money there anyway. Not voting!
rourkey311/06/2020 19:03

What wise up and jump on the band wagon with you. Try and get a few …What wise up and jump on the band wagon with you. Try and get a few likes!!Nah I will stick to making my own opinions pal

Is that you Mike ashley? Nothing better to do than troll comment sections of deal sites lol
savingsjase11/06/2020 19:14

Kind of my point, they could say to me that they’d give me stuff and I s …Kind of my point, they could say to me that they’d give me stuff and I still wouldn’t take it.... they are disgraceful as a business, not paying their staff properly, having zero hour contracts, poor work conditions and very dodgy business practices.

You would be in the queue on Monday morning if they were giving out free pens, love to know bout these dodgy business practices, please elaborate. Bet you can't.
If they were honest about giving NHS workers a discount they would make the discount off the lowest existing prices.
AnkerMan11/06/2020 19:18

Is that you Mike ashley? Nothing better to do than troll comment sections …Is that you Mike ashley? Nothing better to do than troll comment sections of deal sites lol

It could be, I bet you couldn't pick him out of a line up but you absolutely deteste him and his business by the sounds of it.
sheffield78811/06/2020 19:15

In theory this is a good deal. In practice, is not. Pretty much everything …In theory this is a good deal. In practice, is not. Pretty much everything is on sale at SD, all the time. You can have the discount on full price items only. You'll hardly find something at full price and at the end you will spend some money there anyway. Not voting!

It is off lowest prices but won't include multi buy deals, and special clearance. But don't tell everyone or there will be a queue
abcbut11/06/2020 19:05

I’d rather bathe in a vat of pigs lungs that spend any time in a Sports D …I’d rather bathe in a vat of pigs lungs that spend any time in a Sports Direct shop.

Every one needs a hobby
deleted2326099
Worst customer service. Bought a jacket with faulty zipper. Demonstrated to supervisor who was not helpful. Demonstrated same fault in unsold jackets on shelves. Finally gave up and left when supervisor became rude.
Sport Directs ,NO THANKS. never ever with sports direct.
rourkey311/06/2020 19:22

It could be, I bet you couldn't pick him out of a line up but you …It could be, I bet you couldn't pick him out of a line up but you absolutely deteste him and his business by the sounds of it.

A short fat white man In a suit with wads of untaxed cash in his pockets. Wouldn't be surprised if Ashely pulls a Philip green at some point and robs the pension pot of his employees.
Location National? not so sure valid in Scotland businesses opening July 15th unless Sturgeon does a U turn or Ashley ignores her .
rourkey311/06/2020 19:20

You would be in the queue on Monday morning if they were giving out free …You would be in the queue on Monday morning if they were giving out free pens, love to know bout these dodgy business practices, please elaborate. Bet you can't.

HUKD isn’t the place for me to elaborate on dodgy business practices, but maybe google them and learn a bit more about their SMT (namely Mike Ashley), especially how they treat their staff.
AnkerMan11/06/2020 19:36

A short fat white man In a suit with wads of untaxed cash in his pockets. …A short fat white man In a suit with wads of untaxed cash in his pockets. Wouldn't be surprised if Ashely pulls a Philip green at some point and robs the pension pot of his employees.

rourkey311/06/2020 18:45

It's easy to turn up on a sportsdirect post and rubbish Mike Ashley than …It's easy to turn up on a sportsdirect post and rubbish Mike Ashley than say something useful about the offer.If you can, or anyone else can give a reason for the band wagon jumping.

It’s important that people voice their opinions. I presume you have some affiliation to either SD or Mike Ashley, as you’ve commented on nearly everyone’s comment who have slated him.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants