Expired

50+ people shot dead at a Gay Nightclub in Orlando, Florida. Act of terrorism

Found 12th Jun 2016
50+ people have been shot dead in the Gay Nightclub, Pulse, in Orlando, FL.

A man of Afghan decent opened fire as the club neared the end of the night.

When will the madness end?
1) Acts of religious extremism
2) America's Gun Laws

Link below

178 Comments

Original Poster

Waiting for the link

You've got it all wrong. Apparently this was a "homophobic" terrorist incident and has nothing to do with the shooters religion. . At all.. oO

twitter.com/Owe…888

Edited by: "SJHan" 12th Jun 2016

RIP to the victims. Perpetrator named as omar mateen.

According to a friend near there, at least 20 dead. I do think killing murderer was a bad idea tho, they should of punished him first! Then killed him.

Original Poster

Rid1

According to a friend near there, at least 20 dead. I do think … According to a friend near there, at least 20 dead. I do think killing murderer was a bad idea tho, they should of punished him first! Then killed him.

It was a shoot out. He had multiple weapons on him.

America desperately needs to change their gun laws.

Rid1

According to a friend near there, at least 20 dead. I do think … According to a friend near there, at least 20 dead. I do think killing murderer was a bad idea tho, they should of punished him first! Then killed him.

He had hostages.

Original Poster

Corresponding BBC links confirm the gunman had links to Islamic Extremism.

How is a man like this able to get hold of any sort of weapon? Screw the third amendment of the US Constitution.

landros1

Yes because nobody every gets killed in any other country by gun toting isla..er.. Homophobic terrorists

Original Poster

Stuarthanley this is even more disturbing as it is a combination of extremism and terrible gun laws.

Rid1

The number reported is about 50 now. 50 dead and scores more injured.

dtovey89

When will the madness end?

When there's no gay people on the planet. But then the religious nutters will use another excuse to kill.

So the only option is when religion is removed from the planet. Which will not happen.

Think you know the answer now...

When will this all end

May they all r.i.p

Hope their is an hell just so he can suffer for eternity.

J4GG4

When there's no gay people on the planet. But then the religious nutters … When there's no gay people on the planet. But then the religious nutters will use another excuse to kill.So the only option is when religion is removed from the planet. Which will not happen.Think you know the answer now...

How about we leave all the nutters on earth, and every religion take a separate planet. It won't solve anything of course, but the subsequent interplanetary wars will be spectacular.

splatsplatsplat

How about we leave all the nutters on earth, and every religion take a … How about we leave all the nutters on earth, and every religion take a separate planet. It won't solve anything of course, but the subsequent interplanetary wars will be spectacular.

"Nutters"? Was that the name of the nightclub?

The trouble with dividing the Earth by religion is that one particular set of people believe their religion is 'right' & no other viewpoint can co-exist.

Just move them to another planet & the majority of us can then live together peacefully... until the next time.

shauneco

When will this all end :(May they all r.i.pHope their is an hell just so … When will this all end :(May they all r.i.pHope their is an hell just so he can suffer for eternity.

They should just use a web search engine with the criteria...

"Ted Nugent just" "Terrorist in the world by pointing out one huge fact"

the religion of peas strikes again

dtovey89

Stuarthanley this is even more disturbing as it is a combination of … Stuarthanley this is even more disturbing as it is a combination of extremism and terrible gun laws.

And if you take away the guns then there are always bombs.
No point blaming an inanimate object for the actions of peaceful religious people.

dtovey89

Stuarthanley this is even more disturbing as it is a combination of … Stuarthanley this is even more disturbing as it is a combination of extremism and terrible gun laws.

stuarthanley

And if you take away the guns then there are always bombs. No point … And if you take away the guns then there are always bombs. No point blaming an inanimate object for the actions of peaceful religious people.

An inanimate object like "The Bible" or "The Quran"?

dtovey89

stuarthanley

And if you take away the guns then there are always bombs. No point … And if you take away the guns then there are always bombs. No point blaming an inanimate object for the actions of peaceful religious people.

Exactly. Both just works of fiction taken far too literally by the easily led. I'm not sure which one states that homosexuality is punishable by death though.

I find it interesting that there is an assumption that this is terrorism, quite likely because the gunman had a foreign sounding name,whereas all of the other home grown shootings that we read about over never have terrorism associated with them.

Illustrated perfectly by two conflicting statements.

"It is the worst mass shooting in recent US history. Florida governor Rick Scott said it was "clearly an act of terror"."

"Officials said the killings were likely to be ideologically motivated, though there was no information that the gunman was associated with a particular group."

It will however give the US a great excuse to deflect the discussion away from gun laws and straight to terrorism.

reddit

I find it interesting that there is an assumption that this is terrorism, … I find it interesting that there is an assumption that this is terrorism, quite likely because the gunman had a foreign sounding name,whereas all of the other home grown shootings that we read about over never have terrorism associated with them.Illustrated perfectly by two conflicting statements."It is the worst mass shooting in recent US history. Florida governor Rick Scott said it was "clearly an act of terror".""Officials said the killings were likely to be ideologically motivated, though there was no information that the gunman was associated with a particular group."It will however give the US a great excuse to deflect the discussion away from gun laws and straight to terrorism.

From what I've read it was because the shooter despised gay people and saw 2 kissing while in florida, but he has also been named on the fbi watch list with links to isis who coincidentally also don't tolerate gay people.

Such a tragedy, how does 1 guy kill 50. Like how is it possible

hate crime i think, 2 men kissing on a beach in front of his wife & son tipped him over the edge

landros1

A Terror Attack is completely different!!!
Remember Paris in November?
I think they have much much stricter gun control laws than the USA?

reddit

I find it interesting that there is an assumption that this is terrorism, … I find it interesting that there is an assumption that this is terrorism, quite likely because the gunman had a foreign sounding name,whereas all of the other home grown shootings that we read about over never have terrorism associated with them.Illustrated perfectly by two conflicting statements."It is the worst mass shooting in recent US history. Florida governor Rick Scott said it was "clearly an act of terror".""Officials said the killings were likely to be ideologically motivated, though there was no information that the gunman was associated with a particular group."It will however give the US a great excuse to deflect the discussion away from gun laws and straight to terrorism.

NBC news says differently. Not being American, I don't know how trustworthy they are. google.co.uk/amp…496

stuarthanley

Very true.

As I keep saying,
A Terror Attack is completely different!!!
Remember Paris in November?
I think they have much much stricter gun control laws than the USA?
This could happen in the UK.

maxrlingham

A Terror Attack is completely different!!!Remember Paris in November?I … A Terror Attack is completely different!!!Remember Paris in November?I think they have much much stricter gun control laws than the USA?

Gun control obviously worked in the Bataclan where only 00.2% of the people were armed. oO

He made a decision to kill people. That might be because he is homophobic, terrorist, devout Religion or a combination of all the above.

The difference is that in USA you can purchase guns on the high street. So whatever you are angry about....

Go ahead and shoot those who upset you ??
Edited by: "iglimpse" 12th Jun 2016

R.I.P

It's not about the Gun laws as a Terrorist will always find a way!!
Very sadly many, many other countries have these mass shootings.

That aside i'm sure lessons need to be learned.

This Evil man is NOT in Paradise now!!

stuarthanley

Gun control obviously worked in the Bataclan where only 00.2% of the … Gun control obviously worked in the Bataclan where only 00.2% of the people were armed. oO

Correct.

dtovey89

Screw the third amendment of the US Constitution.

Yeah, if they were allowed to quarter soldiers in private homes without the owner's consent then this would never have happened!

benjammin316

the religion of peas strikes again

Please refrain from bringing peas into this, I like peas.

Original Poster

reddit

The BBC are reporting that he dialled 911 before the incident and pledged allegiance to the ISIS leader.

There is a problem in the USA with guns.
There is a problem in the world with Islamic Extremism.

Yesterday there was another shooting in Florida. A white male killed singer Christina Grimmie.

So yeah gun crime isn't exclusive to Muslims in America. However, that doesn't detract from the fact that this guy killed these people due to the fact he was an Islamic Extremist.

Edited by: "DT89" 12th Jun 2016

dtovey89

Corresponding BBC links confirm the gunman had links to Islamic … Corresponding BBC links confirm the gunman had links to Islamic Extremism. How is a man like this able to get hold of any sort of weapon? Screw the third amendment of the US Constitution.

Screw the THIRD AMENDMENT?

So you dont want there to be restrictions on the quartering of soldiers in private homes without the owner's consent, forbidding the practice in peacetime?

Okay...

Another horrible mass shooting.
Thoughts are with all those affected.

Good job they have relaxed gun laws in America so everyone can be armed and defend themselves.....oh wait

souljacker

Good job they have relaxed gun laws in America so everyone can be armed … Good job they have relaxed gun laws in America so everyone can be armed and defend themselves.....oh wait

It is illegal to have a gun in an establishment that serves alcohol in Florida. So, yeah because of the law no one would legally be allowed to defend themself with a firearm in this scenario.

reddit

Hmm. He was Muslim, had links to a suicide bomber, declared allegiance to ISIS, ISIS execute gays, hated homosexuals, father supporter of Afghan Taliban, speaker at Orlando mosque tells congregation 'Gays Must Die' youtube.com/wat…prQ and yet again people claim it had nothing to do with Islam it's gun laws wot did it.

katchiib

It is illegal to have a gun in an establishment that serves alcohol in … It is illegal to have a gun in an establishment that serves alcohol in Florida. So, yeah because of the law no one would legally be allowed to defend themself with a firearm in this scenario.

Exactly, sort of my point, the pro gun brigade always argue how people have the right to have guns to defend themselves yet in most instances where these mass shootings take place guns aren't allowed
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Swimming goggles for 3 year old21
    2. Parkopedia, can the info be trusted22
    3. What is gearbest like on warranty?78
    4. Whatsup number, confused33

See more discussions