£500 gift - ideas!

Found 10th Oct 2017
Hi guys,

I’ve been awarded a £500 gift due to long service. I have to purchase something then redeem the money.
I’m running out of time with what to buy. I have a PS4 and don’t see a massive benefit of a PS4 Pro as I don’t have a 4K TV.
I've been thinking what to buy and need suggestions, a bit of a general question I know.
So I’m pretty much at buying a new TV. So, my long-winded question is what TV do you recommended for around £500/550?

Really appreciate any advice!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
22 Comments

Those laptops or desktop computers from Curry's earlier would of been a bargain and a great gift for you.

Original Poster

Do you have a link

Quikkie9 m ago

Do you have a link

They're all sold out now I think, worth keeping an eye out though as came in and out of stock..
32227803-1Ke5V.jpg
This desktop is in stock but not as good a deal but still good: hotukdeals.com/dea…e=2

Sack the TV and get a couple of matchday hospitality tickets at Turf Moor

Does it have to be a product? Can't buy a holiday or flights?

Original Poster

RossD892 m ago

Sack the TV and get a couple of matchday hospitality tickets at Turf Moor …Sack the TV and get a couple of matchday hospitality tickets at Turf Moor

I’m not even gonna bite

Original Poster

PenguinsForAll2 m ago

Does it have to be a product? Can't buy a holiday or flights?

Yeah, it basically has to be a “product” if that makes sense

Xmas presents ?

Quikkie2 h, 41 m ago

Yeah, it basically has to be a “product” if that makes sense

What about a nice sound system? £500 doesn't get you anything special in TV terms, but it'll get you a cracking set of speakers or headphones.

Or something more furniture related maybe? Perhaps a new mattress or armchair.

Or just a piece of art/fashion. Perhaps a fancy clock or watch, a nice Ventura sigma.

What about an experience rather than a material item? A weekend away (or trying something new/ different) could create memories that last a lifetime rather than a tv that will be obsolete in a year or two.
Edited by: "barriey" 10th Oct 2017

Gift vouchers?

n iPad & sell it for cash?

Book a holiday

£500 in Amazon Gift Cards

I've heard good things about HiSense TVs these days if you want features vs brand names.

XBox One X + Forza Motorsport 7 + Halo 5 + Quantum Break all for £449.99 @ Currys Online

hotukdeals.com/dea…225

Three choices I think:
- something electronic that’s an upgrade/treat like TV/laptop etc... but ultimately disposable and you won’t have it in 4-5 years time. Enjoyable but sounds like if you wanted it enough, you’d have bought it yourself by now.
- something to convert easily into the cash - like an iPad you can sell on new close to value.
- something to look at/keep and remember your job and long years of service (hahah depends if they were enjoyable I guess!) - like a watch, piece of jewellery (more relevant if you are a lady...), cufflinks, framed picture/painting

What about a Sonos or all the Hue kit to turn your lighting Smart? Id love to do that but can't justify the price at the minute. Do you have an Apple watch? If you like apple stuff theres an option. I wouldn't be without mine.
Edited by: "jude7219" 11th Oct 2017

Original Poster

Johnnywelsh15 h, 9 m ago

£500 in Amazon Gift Cards I've heard good things about HiSense TVs …£500 in Amazon Gift Cards I've heard good things about HiSense TVs these days if you want features vs brand names.

I’ve been looking at this brand today actually

Original Poster

dr_spaceman13 h, 46 m ago

XBox One X + Forza Motorsport 7 + Halo 5 + Quantum Break all for £449.99 @ …XBox One X + Forza Motorsport 7 + Halo 5 + Quantum Break all for £449.99 @ Currys Onlinehttps://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-one-x-forza-motorsport-7-halo-5-quantum-break-all-for-44999-currys-online-2810225

I’m a PlayStation guy

Original Poster

bluep8 h, 34 m ago

Three choices I think:- something electronic that’s an upgrade/treat like T …Three choices I think:- something electronic that’s an upgrade/treat like TV/laptop etc... but ultimately disposable and you won’t have it in 4-5 years time. Enjoyable but sounds like if you wanted it enough, you’d have bought it yourself by now.- something to convert easily into the cash - like an iPad you can sell on new close to value.- something to look at/keep and remember your job and long years of service (hahah depends if they were enjoyable I guess!) - like a watch, piece of jewellery (more relevant if you are a lady...), cufflinks, framed picture/painting

Might just go down the iPad route and sell it. Any recommendations for this option

Original Poster

jude72195 h, 10 m ago

What about a Sonos or all the Hue kit to turn your lighting Smart? Id …What about a Sonos or all the Hue kit to turn your lighting Smart? Id love to do that but can't justify the price at the minute. Do you have an Apple watch? If you like apple stuff theres an option. I wouldn't be without mine.

Been thinking about the Apple Watch for a while but too many people have talked me out of it

What ever you decide to buy check TCB and quidco and you could get some extra cash back in your hand !

Quikkie11th Oct

Been thinking about the Apple Watch for a while but too many people have …Been thinking about the Apple Watch for a while but too many people have talked me out of it

Fair enough, its not for everyone. I absolutely love mine though, never thought it would be as useful as it is. I love Apple products.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions