Expired

5.1 Home Cinema for use with Optoma ES520 and PS3

Found 15th Apr 2008
As stated in the title I have purchased the Optoma ES520 from Dabs and already have a PS3. I want to turn my spare room into an all purpose cinema room. I live in a flat so the volume of the speakers are of little concern because my wife wont let me turn them up very much anyway!!! I know the projector will not play the PS3 in HD but I would like to find a low cost 5.1 home cinema system with DIVX playback via usb which will let me use everything via the surround sound. Would it be cheaper to buy the DVD player and speakers seperately?

Thanks

6 Comments

Banned

Depends on what your budget is and how much power you want

Lol are u from the ps3 sony forums i sware i just read this post over there

Original Poster

mum2b;1897039

Lol are u from the ps3 sony forums i sware i just read this post over … Lol are u from the ps3 sony forums i sware i just read this post over there

No but I did manage to find something half decent for £165. The Samsung HTX30R has DIVX playback via USB and 1 optical input with 5.1 surround sound. The cheapest deal I could find was on Dixons.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to get the projector to go into it's HD mode because it certainly doesn't seem to be capable of it.

Original Poster

ODB_69;1897892

Use:http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=587917&highlight=httx35rif you have any set up problems

Thanks. I'll take a look.

Original Poster

I went onto AVForums to check out any comments on my projector and it turns out for £190 extra I could get a Optoma HD65 which is apparently a thousand time better. I did and I'll have it early next week. Cant wait!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Compensation from an 02 refresh default44
    2. Buying digital codes off another person22
    3. Cheap unlocked mobile for holiday49
    4. Sonos and Black Friday23

See more discussions