51 PlayStation 4 titles added to PlayStation Now, but it still costs too much, right?

Found 6th Jul 2017
Great day for PlayStation Now subscribers. All, what? Two of them...

The PlayStation Now service has added 51 PS4 titles to it's catalogue...

• Killzone Shadow Fall
  • Saint's Row IV Re-Elected
  • WWE 2K16
  • Tropico 5
  • F1 2015
  • Evolve
  • Dead Nation Apocalypse
  • Helldivers
  • Resogun
  • Heavy Rain
  • Tearaway Unfolded
  • Counterspy
  • Shadow of the Beast
  • Alienation
  • Escape Plan
  • Everybody's gone to the Rapture
  • Broken Age
  • Grim Fandango Remastered
  • Castlestorm Definitive Edition
  • God of War III: Remastered
  • Super Mega Baseball
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV
  • Hardware: Rivals
  • This War Of Mine: The Little Ones
  • Day Of The Tentacle Remastered
  • Sherlock Holmes: Crimes And Punishments
  • Dungeons II
  • Back To Bed
  • Pure Chess
  • Pure Pool
  • Olliolli
  • Stick It To The Man
  • Blood Bowl 2
  • Super Stardust Ultra
  • Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
  • Nidhogg
  • Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition
  • MX vs ATV Supercross Encore
  • Farming Simulator 15
  • Tour De France 2016
  • Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers
  • Grand Ages: Medieval
  • Pure Hold'em World Poker Championship
  • Q*bert: Rebooted
  • Fluster Cluck
  • The Last Tinker: City of Colors
  • Velocibox
  • Whispering Willows
  • Kickbeat Special Edition
  • Battle Worlds Kronos
  • Legend Of Kay Anniversary

£12.99 p/m is still a little steep, though, isn't it? I know it's hardly a direct comparison, but Xbox's Game Pass costs £7.99 a month. What would you feel as a reasonable price for PS Now?
Community Updates
MiscPlayStation
23 Comments
Not many of those PS4 games are what gamers want to play here & now.
So basically Sony want you to pay £12.99p/m and still be out buying Horizon ZD, Wipeout & Crash etc... (_;)

I think the xbox game pass is fairly similar in its lack of compelling titles.

Neither service is for me.
Edited by: "Andy@XCite" 6th Jul 2017
just give it me for £4 a month and i'll bite
BuzzDuraband

* Pure Poo

^ Fixed.
Make it so we get 1 game a month as part of ps plus.
A good selection of those games have been available for download for PlayStation Plus subscribers in he past, which has a subscription price much cheaper than £12.99 pm
Andy@XCite14 m ago

Not many of those PS4 games are what gamers want to play here & now.So …Not many of those PS4 games are what gamers want to play here & now.So basically Sony want you to pay £12.99p/m and still be out buying Horizon ZD, Wipeout & Crash etc... (_;)I think the xbox game pass is fairly similar in its lack of compelling titles.Neither service is for me.

Any idea if you can share the PlayStation Now sub, Andy? I know you can on Xbox One for the Game Pass, which makes it somewhat more appealing.

Not so much at £12.99, obviously. But £4 a piece on PS Now would be a lot better if they dropped it.
Just went through the list on the PS Now site. Never heard of it before until now.

£155.88 a year.

For a lot of old balls. Was struggling to find anything I'd cough up even a few quid to play. Better to take that £155.88 and buy some amazing titles that you really love with it over the year.

This is just a cynical way to fleece people for a back-catalogue of titles that make little revenue anymore. A less cynical model would have all releases added to the catalogue after 12 months. Then you've got genuine value without killing AAA sales.

Not for me.
Edited by: "Vanderlust" 6th Jul 2017
Still no Ni No Kuni which has been on the US PS Now service for months. Once that becomes available I might actually consider trying out PS Now to complete that game.
Am I right in thinking the only difference between Now and Game Pass is that on Xbox some games get removed each month?
Bure113 m ago

Am I right in thinking the only difference between Now and Game Pass is …Am I right in thinking the only difference between Now and Game Pass is that on Xbox some games get removed each month?

I did read that, and they are removed at some point I think, but the ones I looked at last night on the pass all had expiration dates for mid 2018. I don't know if that's indication of their removal from the service.

But yeah, Game Pass does remove titles where as PS Now has them stay.
deleted1431257
Are they available on the 7 day trial? If so, I would test them to see how they stream on my laptop before deciding. I use Remote Play on my laptop and it runs mostly fine on standard, playing the Last of Us remastered and games like Tales of the Borderlands ran fine with few dropouts, but oddly playing Crash 3 over the weekend on Remote Play was a massacre. Being a direct stream from Sonys servers instead of from the PS4, I expect it to run better.

About pricing I would bite at around £5/month
BuzzDuraband

I did read that, and they are removed at some point I think, but the ones … I did read that, and they are removed at some point I think, but the ones I looked at last night on the pass all had expiration dates for mid 2018. I don't know if that's indication of their removal from the service. But yeah, Game Pass does remove titles where as PS Now has them stay.

Hmm. For such little difference ps now is much more expensive

Then again. PS has always had poor pricing, I'd try a month now and then if it was 7.99
Neither service for me. Gold and EA vault do for my subscription games... (I have plus too but not really worth mentioning - although this month is better)

EA access for me is still so much better
Nothing wrong with £12.99 if you compare to the cost of Netflix and Spotify and the equivalent cost of their outgoing partner - a DVD or CD.

Games are much more expensive so stands to reason this would be more expensive.

That said, it needs a better catalogue to make it value.
Bure11

Am I right in thinking the only difference between Now and Game Pass is … Am I right in thinking the only difference between Now and Game Pass is that on Xbox some games get removed each month?

Isn't PS Now still online only ? Game Pass are downloaded to disk for best experience.

Edited by: "shasnir" 6th Jul 2017
It's like xbox game pass not worth it
The current selection doesn't really appeal to me that much, maybe I'll wait and see if they change things up.
shasnir

Isn't PS Now still online only ? Game Pass are downloaded to disk for … Isn't PS Now still online only ? Game Pass are downloaded to disk for best experience.

Yeah ps now is streaming but game pass is downloadable.

Although I enjoy a lot of the Xbox exclusives, it's a shame the PS exclusives (in the view of the general public) are so much better because Xbox beats PS in nearly every other aspect.
BuzzDuraband

Any idea if you can share the PlayStation Now sub, Andy? I know you can … Any idea if you can share the PlayStation Now sub, Andy? I know you can on Xbox One for the Game Pass, which makes it somewhat more appealing.Not so much at £12.99, obviously. But £4 a piece on PS Now would be a lot better if they dropped it.

I'd be interested to know this aswell.
£4.99 a month and I would subscribe. They could also look at offering another tier of PS+ at say £99.99 a year that included it. By the way I'm in no way stingy with media and don't expect something for nothing but a service like this thrives on subs, as such overpricing it like they have will ultimately kill it more than people subbing because it is cheap but then not really using it.
Edited by: "Smeaton1724" 7th Jul 2017
Sony really need to follow Microsoft with bc.
deleted1431257
benrobertsno1

Sony really need to follow Microsoft with bc.

By trying to emulate Cell processing? Lol no X)
deleted1431257
shasnir

Isn't PS Now still online only ? Game Pass are downloaded to disk for … Isn't PS Now still online only ? Game Pass are downloaded to disk for best experience.

Obvious Sony don't want the chance of thieves downloading to hard drives/USB, removing then modifying the game files, before making them available online and playable on PC for free (torrents)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants