Groups
    EXPIRED

5.1 Sound system wanted.

Hi all , looking for a sound system for my new hd tv and hd player, i will need either a hdmi one of pref a optical out.

Not looking to spend the earth so cheap as poss with good quality .

Thanks in advance!

3 Comments

Hello

I found this for under £30, do not know whether its any good or not for what you need it for, but a friend has it, and rates it!

aldi.co.uk/uk/…htm

Original Poster

Dont look very good!, plus no details on if ts hdmi or optical.

Thanks anyway!

hey mate - i have searched high and low for the ultimate cheap 5.1 optical input system and the winner was the Logitech Z-5400 ( for around £150 )

but it's getting hard to find so you better get your skates on - or maybe look to ebay.

the Logitech Z-5500 is £50 more but more readily available and maybe not really worth the extra cash.

or go down the route of buying an entry level AV amp like:
    richersounds.com/sho…400
    and a cheap set of speakers like:
    richersounds.com/sho…110

final option is to go somewhere like avforums.com and post an ad on the wanted page literally saying "wanted : 5.1 amp with speakers, starters kit. nice and cheap please?"
    that's pretty much what i ended up doing and got a great little setup that is the envy of all my buddies for £150. obviously this route is the most hassle + no year guarentee, etc + if you live out in the sticks there might be nothing nearby to pickup.

unfortunately there is NO way of getting really cheap, true 5.1
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private55
      2. which drill bit set for bosch cordless drill ixo range? hex?11
      3. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027

See more discussions