Groups

5.1 speaker system with wireless rear speakers? Advise please!

Hi there. I'm thinking of getting a small home cinema setup, 5.1 with 2 rear speakers. I really don't want cables running across the living room to behind the sofa though, there's no way that I can hide them without going a very long way around. Does anyone have experience with any systems that have the two rear speakers connected wirelessly? How is this setup? Can you recommend any specific systems? Is there any lag to get the sound to the back speakers at all compared to if they were wired?

Many thanks!

7 Comments

Hi

I have just purchased the Sony HTAS5.CEK - £185

Has 4 speakers 2 of which are wireless.

Original Poster

BPD

HiI have just purchased the Sony HTAS5.CEK - £185Has 4 speakers 2 of … HiI have just purchased the Sony HTAS5.CEK - £185Has 4 speakers 2 of which are wireless.

and.... any good?

you can buy flat speaker cable that will not show under carpet

Original Poster

I have wood flooring, so no where to hide!!!

Don't forget that wireless speakers will still have to have their own power supply and receiver so you'll have extra gear at the rear end.

Original Poster

deek72

Don't forget that wireless speakers will still have to have their own … Don't forget that wireless speakers will still have to have their own power supply and receiver so you'll have extra gear at the rear end.

right,. I'm fine with that, that can all hide behind the sofa. I have a socket there and space behind the sofa, so that's not an issue....

I'm just looking for feedback from people who have / have had one of these systems to see if they're any good or not. I don't need anything that will shake the walls, I'm just looking for a standard / basic 5.1 setup.

cheers!

dont know yet mate as i have not recieved them yet - but a mate has them and they are not bad at all.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Speccing a gaming pc35
      2. Boxes for moving house?33
      3. Kitchen tap replacement22
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please34

See more discussions