Found 23rd Apr 2007
hi can someone recommend a 5.1 system for my xbox 360 pleasee??!!!!

or if anyone is selling one please let me know!

6 Comments

I have a creative 5.1 surround system. You won't be able to get proper 5.1 surround from the xbox 360 (as it has stereo phono output or optical output), but if you plug in the jack for the front 2 speakers it will match the sound on the back speakers, giving you surround sound.

My desktop recently died so these speakers are redundant. Were you after a 2nd hand set or a brand new set?

The optical output is 5.1. I have it connected to my 5.1 system via the optical lead and it is fantastic. For both games and DVDs

What model is your 5.1 system? I think that's what rodie may be after.

I have no idea, sorry. I'm not at home at the moment so I cant check. I'm just pointing out that the optical output is 5.1 Dolby Digital ect.

Sorry i think i was a little unclear in my post above - I meant that with my speakers (should the OP decide to buy them from me) you won't be able to get true 5.1 surround sound. What you will get is conversion of 2.0 stereo to 5.1 surround.

However using the optical cable with an optical speaker setup (which will be expensive btw) you will be able to achieve true 5.1 surround sound.

Hope that helps!

Original Poster

that does help mate
but yeh i think i want a 5.1 system cheerS
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769454
    2. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.817
    3. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)98197
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1946

See more discussions