Groups

512k if I'm lucky

I have a BT hub connected via an extension socket to the master socket in the loft, as I live miles from the exchange we struggle with internet speed and in an attempt to improve things I intend to put the hub in the loft closer to master. I have already fitted an Iplate which made some improvement.

My hub currently has a NAS, printer and 2 computers wired to it, but I only want to bring 1 patch cable down from the loft, what do I need to connect this lot to the hub? Is it a switch?

Will the configuration by easy enough to do?

Thanks in advance.

5 Comments

A switch will do the job perfectly:thumbsup:

You may need to switch the hub off & then on again to get it to 'see' the switch; other than that, there's no other configuration needed.

off topic i know but i read your topic title and thought it was a thread about much you get paid lol

512k if im lucky .....lol shame on me:oops:

Punkytiptop;8591014

off topic i know but i read your topic title and thought it was a thread … off topic i know but i read your topic title and thought it was a thread about much you get paid lol512k if im lucky .....lol shame on me:oops:

I thought it was how much he was being charged!:-D

Original Poster

Well for such an evocative title it only got 2 replies:oops:

melipona;8592441

Well for such an evocative title it only got 2 replies:oops:

But one of them answered your questions perfectly:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846179
      2. Find out how good your GP surgery is67
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764237
      4. WWE SummerSlam 2017 discussion thread!22

See more discussions