Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

55 inch TV ? Any good

Posted 18th Dec 2019
am stuck in choosing a TV...in need off one ...been looking at the hisense 55b73 and also seen the lg 55UM7400PLB. any help appreciated ...and others you think are good....budget £400
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
You tend to get what you pay for , my only advise would be to buy from either Richer Sounds or John Lewis for the long warranty .
mikeportsmouth18/12/2019 07:25

You tend to get what you pay for , my only advise would be to buy from …You tend to get what you pay for , my only advise would be to buy from either Richer Sounds or John Lewis for the long warranty .

Yeh looking for good warrenty...Costco have 5 years on there warrenty and seen the hisense for £335 delivered...that includes the 12 month membership with them......lol...to many TVs
Agree , Costco might be worth buying membership for their prices and warranty
Have a look at Toshiba we have 2 both from Tesco, excellent price and excellent quality can’t fault either of them
Bought the 65" version LG UM7400 Black Friday and really pleased with it. Did also buy a Magic Remote (£25 ) to make it voice controllable.Agree check prices at Richer Sounds or John Lewis for the extended warranty. Try to look at the TVs in a shop too and decide for yourself which you like best.Unless you are really desperate , wait until the boxing day sales too .
Edited by: "yorkie12" 18th Dec 2019
LG 55UM7400PLB - 69% on Which Magazine

Pros
  • Sharp picture
  • Balanced contrast and colours
  • Easy to use

Cons
  • Slow electronic programme guide
  • Sounds a bit hollow

Hisense H55B7300UK- 47% on Which Magazine

Pros
  • Good remote
  • Looks OK when nothing is moving

Cons
  • Abysmal motion control
  • Poor sound
  • Narrow viewing angle
  • Slow menus

For £400 and below, the best TV (55") rated by Which Magazine is the LG 55UM7400PLB.

For £500 and below, they say these are the Best Buys (comparing ALL makes of TV):

LG 55UM7610PLB - 72%
LG 55UK7660PLA - 72%

LG 55UM7510PLA - 72%

These three all have better sound than the 55UM7400PLB (picture and everything else very similar), but all four LG's suffer from a slow and ponderous EPG (Electronic Program Guide).

Hope this helps!
The UM's are this years models the UK is 2018 ( probably wouldn't find one now either). The only differances I can see between the UM7400 and the UM7510 are the type of stand (7400 is central and 7510 has legs either end) and the UM7510 includes a Magic remote and the other you have to buy one . They even have the same speakers. Regarding sound my 65" UM7400 seems good to me , but it does have all that extra case to resonate through. Presume Which class 100% as some 4K or even 8K costing a few grand. That doesn't detract from Which measuring these 2 TV's by the same yard stick find the LG considerably better.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 18th Dec 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions