55"tv

Posted 15th Jun 2020
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
TCL are a chinese company that's new to the UK market, they only launched a year ago, so it's a bit hard to judge things like reliability and smart platform support.

The hardware doesn't appear to be anything special, just a generic mid-range TV. There don't appear to be any reviews out so it's hard to say whether TCL have done anything special with the colour gamut but with no local dimming it's not going to be an HDR powerhouse even if it is slightly better than most.

I'd probably pick up a Philips 8204 or similar personally. At this price it makes more sense to go for an all rounder from a proven brand than trying to claw a little bit better colour gamut for what will ultimately always be a low end HDR implementation.
EndlessWaves15/06/2020 14:14

TCL are a chinese company that's new to the UK market, they only launched …TCL are a chinese company that's new to the UK market, they only launched a year ago, so it's a bit hard to judge things like reliability and smart platform support. The hardware doesn't appear to be anything special, just a generic mid-range TV. There don't appear to be any reviews out so it's hard to say whether TCL have done anything special with the colour gamut but with no local dimming it's not going to be an HDR powerhouse even if it is slightly better than most. I'd probably pick up a Philips 8204 or similar personally. At this price it makes more sense to go for an all rounder from a proven brand than trying to claw a little bit better colour gamut for what will ultimately always be a low end HDR implementation.

Thank you for your help,I was looking for a 55" for around the £550 price range,do you recommend any,would ne most greatful.
Post a comment
@
    Text