5G router recommendation

Posted 23rd Feb 2023
Hi,

can you please recommend a 5G (or 4G) router that i can add a SIM and use it at home? My broadband connection is slow and looking for alternatives.

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    superted2008
    Have a look at the VODAFONE MU5001 5G. Cracking little 5G router.

Should be plenty on ebay.
    Cisco060606
    Can you sign up with Three directly?
    They lend you the router through out the contract. 24 months contract would cost £516. (assuming 15% price increase on year 2)

Buying a 5G router cost you ~£300
    wpj
    I use a 4G+ router for work and can get speeds over 100Mbs. At home, with a lousy signal with EE, I managed to get 60-70Mbs with it.

TP Link Archer MR600. I got it for £80, but prices have increased substantially.
    AndyRoyd
    Any old battered (= cheap) 4G/5G handset of your choice USB-tethered to a standard Asus router having real router features, inc dual-band wifi, more than two gigabit ports, integral VPN client, integral torrent client etc,
    with benefit of satisfying all networks' handset SIM use t&c, including o2 & its MVNOs that hilariously insist that handset SIMs must not be used in non-handset devices,
    although o2 unlimited data is limited to 650GB/month
    and EE unlimited data is limited to 600GB/month,
    and other dull trauma associated with limited unlimited cellular data and KFI restrictions from various networks.

Plus handset+router config means you can also use the inclusive minutes/texts allowance of any unlim SIM package.
    PSP91
    49630476-I1d2B.jpgPretty sure Threes Unlimited is Unlimited 🤷🏻‍♂️ 😬
    gobble_bobble
    the huawei cpe pro 2.
    best £400 i have ever spent
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants