5th Gen Ipod Nano 8GB £115 16GB £135 + 4% Quidco @ Apple Store

The new built-in video camera is ready for anything. Yet iPod nano is the same ultraportable size perfect for spontaneously shooting video.
A brilliant polished anodised aluminium finish comes in nine electrifying colours. And the 2.2-inch colour display is larger for your viewing pleasure.
Rock out with a built-in FM tuner and two innovative new features Live Pause and iTunes Tagging.2

Available in Nine colours online & in store.
Nothing new from the ipod touch tho.

16Gb version is £135

27 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/09/nanomain.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/09/nano_cam07.jpg

Credit to Engadget for the images.

this is the retail price, wheres the deal??

yep-it looks cool but is this a deal? Its standard rrp announced today isnt it?

Original Poster

super_leeds_86;6250774

this is the retail price, wheres the deal??

Just thought i would let people know the new one is available. The same happened to the ps3 Slim. I can't find any other retailers selling ti at the moment and i know better deals will be posted but this is the best price at the moment.

Very sorry.

Is that a bargain or just the normal selling price? Haven't voted either way yet.

Deal schmeal , that is a ****in sexy bit of kit.

Original Poster

monochrome set;6251047

Deal schmeal , that is a ****in sexy bit of kit.

I agree

Keep an eye out for the deals on the older model!

[QUOTE=milesy29;6250912]

this is a disgusting response - go take your agression out in the gym or some place else.

Thanks to the original poster - Was indeed thinking of getting a 4th gen soon, so you''ve saved me wasted money there as I'd have upgraded again soon after...

This post is far more use than the utter rubbish some people post.... save a couple of pennies off a can of something or other at Netto..... etc.etc.

Thanks

dont forget 4% quidco.

Good product but nothing really spectacular from Apple.

I agree though. Too many posts clogging up the deals section when they are not deals. Same with Additions/Very voucher codes or new products at rrp.

Bring back the good old days with £10 lcd's!!!

Original Poster

thanks for the comments guys. Added Quidco to title

Who on earth wouldn't pay the extra £20 for double the capacity? £99 for the 8gb would have sold more

So, regardless of this being retail, don't forget that the OP has been kind enough to mention quidco.

I'd like to see someone walk into an Apple Store and get 4% back, eh?

Anyhow. Some people are just pedants. If you don't think it's a deal, jog on/scroll on/wind your neck in/don't reply - it's your choice. It's hardly 'clogging' when it means that it pushes something else to the next page - shock horror! :lol:

Monkey nuts 2;6252710

Good product but nothing really spectacular from Apple.I agree though. … Good product but nothing really spectacular from Apple.I agree though. Too many posts clogging up the deals section when they are not deals. Same with Additions/Very voucher codes or new products at rrp.Bring back the good old days with £10 lcd's!!!

I agree on all counts. RRP is not a deal. What is wrong with using the Misc forum?

Banned

Amazon have them at £115 on pre-release. Expect them to drop a tiny bit by the release date.

Better still, expect old version to drop in order to shift them.

Some people can be so nasty!!! Actually i think it is a deal because the 4th gen ipod nanos are retailing at £145 for 16gb and these new 5g nanos are £135!!! An absolute bargain for a newer model. Buying mine tomorrow so thanks xe. :O)

Cold - rrp

Monkey nuts 2;6252710

Too many posts clogging up the deals section...

This is one post about a new product cheaper than the previous model, therefore saving money. N if you wanna talk about clogging up the deals section what about the hundreds of 'ps3 slim' and 'ps3 fat' posts in the last few weeks.

Heat added.

I appreciate this too. didnt know about this nano till yesterday. i think its a good price and now anybody who finds it cheaper can post to let us know.
Thanks

waste of money!!

biolew;6269180

This is one post about a new product cheaper than the previous model, … This is one post about a new product cheaper than the previous model, therefore saving money. N if you wanna talk about clogging up the deals section what about the hundreds of 'ps3 slim' and 'ps3 fat' posts in the last few weeks.Heat added.

I agree. Some of the slim deals are OK if people are looking for one BUT an IPOD at RRP isn't a deal. Sorry.

OMG - another iPod nano?

Does Apple release a new model every 6 months or something?

I hope they never fully enter the gaming market - your console will be obsolete once the next upgraded model is launched (see iPhone).

K1LLER HORNET;6269794

OMG - another iPod nano?Does Apple release a new model every 6 months or … OMG - another iPod nano?Does Apple release a new model every 6 months or something?I hope they never fully enter the gaming market - your console will be obsolete once the next upgraded model is launched (see iPhone).

Agreed! Blink and next generation out. :roll:

I only just got 4th generations a couple of months ago for the kids.

Charlie Brown

Does this mean dixon's are selling theirs at bargain price of £114.97 for 8GB and £134.97 for 16 GB a saving of 3pence! :-) ]Dixon 3p cheaper bargain

Bought the 4th Gen in pink from Very.co.uk on Tuesday, delivered today.
Used the 20% discount code knoking about to get it down from £109 to £91.00 (incl Del), hopefully also get 8% Quidco to bring down to £~84. Thought that was a decent price to pay.

Mod can we change this thread to misc?

Banned

Well it looks like amazon had already shifted their old 4th gen stock, without having a decent sale (like between generations 2 and 3). No doubt they knew the new version was coming and did not have large stocks of the 4th generation that they had to shift. Virtually all the (high price) 4th gen ones are marketplace sellers. So no good sale on them.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764136
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846146
    3. Any PS4 News Here29213611
    4. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam67

See more discussions