6-8 camera cctv package reccomendations

Found 7th Feb
Me and my the neighbour are looking to get a CCTV system fitted in.

8 channel box with cameras to cover both properties front and back. Looking for a good/ cheapish package. Decent spec night vision cameras and at least a 2tb hd included.

Anyone able to recommend a system or have one which works well?
Community Updates
AskElectronics
6 Comments
H.View Home Security 8 Channels 1080P CCTV Camera Systems with 1TB Hard Drive Installed, 4* 2.0MP Security Cameras 8CH DVR Home Security CCTV Cameras Enhance Night Vision up to 30M amazon.co.uk/dp/…PFQ

I've just installed this system and it's spot on. Day/night vision is really clear and the app works perfectly.
I have Floureon camera set up, after seeing it on here. Good pics, day and night. Comes with 1TB HDD. Amazon HERE
Both the links above are for 1080N kits so they only record at 960p, not 1080p. There are loads of cheap systems and I've had them over the years but switched to Hikivison who are pricey but you get what you pay for
thenormalone1 h, 19 m ago

Both the links above are for 1080N kits so they only record at 960p, not …Both the links above are for 1080N kits so they only record at 960p, not 1080p. There are loads of cheap systems and I've had them over the years but switched to Hikivison who are pricey but you get what you pay for

and work perfectly fine and produce pictures that are more than adequate
thenormalone1 h, 41 m ago

Both the links above are for 1080N kits so they only record at 960p, not …Both the links above are for 1080N kits so they only record at 960p, not 1080p. There are loads of cheap systems and I've had them over the years but switched to Hikivison who are pricey but you get what you pay for

We need to be able to see the criminals face not count the pores on their skin.
Just pointing out how those kits are misleading - they're 960p not 2MP!

"We need to be able to see the criminals face not count the pores on their skin."

If the camera is low enough and someone is in a 2 metre radius, you might be able to make out the persons face but the clarity won't be anywhere near 'counting pores on their skin'.

OP, pay a little extra and go for a decent brand. You can pick up 5MP TVI cameras today at the price 2MP cameras were a year ago. These trashy kits also come with pre-made cable. Years ago I used them and if you moved the end going into your DVR, the video feed would go off

Trashy pre-made cable:

RG59 cable:
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants