Expired

£600 to Spend on a Laptop

13 replies
Found 1st Mar 2009
I bought a sony Vaio fw11e and it keeps breaking sent it off twice in less than 2 months got it back yesterday and it is making a ticking sound so i presume it is about to break again =(
So i've decided to take it back to argos and get my money back under my statuatory rights and get a new one with the £600. pleeeeease help me out and also there's absolutely no way it can go over 600 quid unless it is very special circumstances. Would be willing to look at laptops from 350 up and get some spare cash to keep =)

thanks dont let me down

1. Ask
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Laptop
13 Comments

make one on dell mate the new inspiron 15 is good you can get 10% off but it expries 2mo i think and you can only use it if its over 500 quid but i made an inspriron the other day 4gb mem 320hard drive blu ray bluetooth all the good stuff for £650 but i added the bluetooth which you dont have to worth a look if you want a nice laptop

fw11e does make a slight ticking sound and so do a lot of other laptops, its the hard drive.
my dell m1530,fw11e, dell studio xps 16" and acer 8930g did it.

its not broken if its a small ticking sound coming from the HDD, if you dont like it get a SSD

Hi
you can buy mine if you want,, got it 4 weeks ago from Dell is brilliant but my old sony laptop has now been repaired and returned to me!! It has 4 yr on site dell warranty so you will not need to worry for 4 years...I can change the ownership online.I have submitted the details on the For sale/trade link if ure interested.
Thanks

details:

Intel Core 2 duo processor T8100(2.1 Ghz, 800 Mhz, 3MB L2 cache)
4096 MB 800 MHZ RAM[2*2048 Dual channel DDR2)
320 GB ( 5400 RPM SERIAL ATA DRIVE)
15.4 Widscreen WXGA(1280*800)
Integrated Intel Graphic media accelerator X3100
Blu-ray ROM Drive
2 mp web camera
jet black matte finish
4 yr on site dell warranty[started 4 weeks ago] inc evening and saturday
Microsoft office 2007 Original
6 cell battery
bluetooth module, wireless card, multi card reader[usual dell features]

Got it for 600£ 4 weeks ago(was worth 670 at the time-got some discount on the phone), selling as my sony laptop now repaired and I need the cash!!

£600 for an inspiron is crazy.

Original Poster

can some one tell me why using msn uses up 40% of my CPU if there is not a problem with my CPU?

Original Poster

ticking has got louder since yesterday... this pattern happened last time....

Original Poster

It was not making this sound when i first got it.

ask for a new replacement laptop as it already broke twice.
otherwise call them to come to your house and fix it.(onsite support) and not collect and returnwhich is what they did to you im guessing.

also, iv got a fw11e and never had problems.

Original Poster

owais;4545205

ask for a new replacement laptop as it already broke twice.otherwise call … ask for a new replacement laptop as it already broke twice.otherwise call them to come to your house and fix it.(onsite support) and not collect and returnwhich is what they did to you im guessing.also, iv got a fw11e and never had problems.

So yours doesn't make a ticking sound then???

also i dont know if they will give me a replacement because they have discontinued the product.

rep added btw

they still make vaio FW's.
just because they dont make FW11E doesnt matter, they still use the same parts and so can either fix it or make you a new one.

i just ordered a confiqured FW. i was able to pick all the parts a FW11E has (p8400,3gb, dvd 16x9 screen etc.)
but i picked better specs then the FW as i had the choice.

yes, mine does make a slight ticking sound and you can hear it if your quiet but it cant be heard while watching films etc.

fully_automatic;4542721

ticking has got louder since yesterday... this pattern happened last … ticking has got louder since yesterday... this pattern happened last time....

Ticking sound sounds like it could be a faulty hard drive.

It's not doing a virus scan or anything is it? Also, Vista often has a lot of things running in the background initially that scans the hard drive. It indexes all of your files.

Original Poster

no it isn't a virus scan... last time it did this the computer packed up and i had to send off for repair.

Original Poster

i just ran a disk check thing and after it finished it was unable to start up, it did that before it broke last time as well :s

sony say they will come and collect it FFFFUUUUUU it's clearly broken but they won't fix it. AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition72795
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk11
    3. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    4. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66

See more discussions