60th Birthday

Please any ideas, my mother in law is 60 in 2 weeks anybody please any ideas as to what to get for a 60th, i have thought and thought and just no idea so anybody got any ideas thanks

15 Comments

gave my mother a balloon ride for her 70th - trouble was they brought her back!!!!!

Coffin.

Arsenic infused chocolates are always a winner for the M.I.L.... Trust me, they LOOOOOOOVE em!!!
oO

Original Poster

haha had to laugh

how about a magazine subscription to her favourite one

Could you find out from your oh what things she used to like when he was little? For my mum I got her a foot wax system which she asked for. Then I got her lots of little things, the perfume she wore when I was younger. A posh room spray with the scent of flowers that remind her of my sister (who passed away) I got her a six pence from the year of her birth. A newspaper from when she was born. I hand made her a necklace and bracelet. She really appreciated the thought that was put into it. x

What did you end up getting her???

Original Poster

nothing as of yet

For my 60th I would rather like a new pair of Felco secateurs; a patio pebble fountain, my usual perfumes, some filters for the camera.
We have been having some very nice holidays recently so I don't add them into birthday wants, although a trip to see the Northern Lights would be great ( a bit pricey for the MIL!!).
Adding to the crockery set is always a good idea.
Day out at National Trust & tea?

What I want right now is a new wheelbarrow. I cannot believe that I didn't get one for Christmas.

So that's me ... I am guessing that your MIL has her own list. Could you ask her?

Original Poster

i could but i know the answer-its usually i have no idea, i know i sound really awkward but honestly im not,im thinking a nice necklace,i know it sounds a bit boring but i have 1 week left and am getting desperate,i have also bought a personlised calender with the grandchildren on which i think she will like

Get her a new chair.....

With a 13 amp plug attached to it.

Original Poster

haha do ya think she wud like it

julieg

i could but i know the answer-its usually i have no idea, i know i sound … i could but i know the answer-its usually i have no idea, i know i sound really awkward but honestly im not,im thinking a nice necklace,i know it sounds a bit boring but i have 1 week left and am getting desperate,i have also bought a personlised calender with the grandchildren on which i think she will like

I think that a nice necklace would be fine.
Past Times, surprisingly, have some fetching ones; I get a necklace from them about every 5 years for my sister!

Original Poster

Thankyou every1 for the ideas and feedback sum which did make me laugh
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Weekly game codes giveaway 183317
    2. Sad news about Barcelona1524
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846098
    4. Pink Balls37

See more discussions