Groups

6300 users? battery real bad?

This quite strange but when I have my original case on my Nokia 6300, it lasts as long as my N95 8GB.

But when I have a cheap aluminium case from DealExtreme on, the battery lasts noticablly longer!

Anyone else noticed this?

6 Comments

My other half has an E65 which is fairly new ish and the battery on that is rubbish too!!

the cover must keep it hot ?

Original Poster

KELLY 'N' STEVE;2185784

My other half has an E65 which is fairly new ish and the battery on that … My other half has an E65 which is fairly new ish and the battery on that is rubbish too!!

All nokia smartphones have quite bad battery life, so the E65 is understandable. But non-smartphones like 6300 etc. should have a real good battery life.

myaser88;2185921

the cover must keep it hot ?

I don't know what it does, but I'm 100% certain it doesn't last as long.

I'm just curious does anyone had this same problem?

the 6300 had a reputation for poor battery life - it is very thin remember.

Original Poster

myaser88;2187511

the 6300 had a reputation for poor battery life - it is very thin … the 6300 had a reputation for poor battery life - it is very thin remember.

I'm not complaing that the battery is bad (well maybe in a way), but I'm more concerned with how much difference there is between when I put the original cover on and the fake aluminium one on.

Anyone here got a 6300? Wanna put it to the test?

If anything, I would expect the opposite, as the metal case will shield the signal more, so the phone would need to bost the transmit power.
    (sorry for bumping old thread)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions