64 Tb Ultra SDHC Card

Found 20th Feb
How long until we see this deal? Estimations below please....
Community Updates
Misc
14 Comments
5 minutes, I just found one, polishing out the details now
Hmm.

The current highest standard is 512GB. To get to 64TB (I presume that's meant to be TeraBytes, rather than just Terabits), we're going to need 7 doublings of capacity. Assuming Moore's Law holds true and continues to double transistor counts every 18 months, that should give us 64TB MicroSD cards in 126 months time, which would be sometime around August 2028.
dxx3 m ago

Hmm.The current highest standard is 512GB. To get to 64TB (I presume …Hmm.The current highest standard is 512GB. To get to 64TB (I presume that's meant to be TeraBytes, rather than just Terabits), we're going to need 7 doublings of capacity. Assuming Moore's Law holds true and continues to double transistor counts every 18 months, that should give us 64TB MicroSD cards in 126 months time, which would be sometime around August 2028.

that is impeccable math, I got stuck at 22 months honestly but then my vision is only 2020
dxx8 h, 40 m ago

Hmm.The current highest standard is 512GB. To get to 64TB (I presume …Hmm.The current highest standard is 512GB. To get to 64TB (I presume that's meant to be TeraBytes, rather than just Terabits), we're going to need 7 doublings of capacity. Assuming Moore's Law holds true and continues to double transistor counts every 18 months, that should give us 64TB MicroSD cards in 126 months time, which would be sometime around August 2028.

Quick maffs.
Felicitous8 h, 39 m ago

that is impeccable math, I got stuck at 22 months honestly but then my …that is impeccable math, I got stuck at 22 months honestly but then my vision is only 2020

20/20 is an American thing, in the UK it would be 6/6
CoeK1 h, 0 m ago

20/20 is an American thing, in the UK it would be 6/6

20/20 vision is still a known enough phrase for the reference to be accurate, whereas the UK equivalent is comparatively unheard of
Felicitous6 m ago

20/20 vision is still a known enough phrase for the reference to be …20/20 vision is still a known enough phrase for the reference to be accurate, whereas the UK equivalent is comparatively unheard of

Meh, i'm just repeating what i get told off my other half when i use the phrase 20/20.
Bringing back bubble memory in 2020
Someone say 2020? Count me in!

33303603-QGrxG.jpg
miikeyblue21st Feb

Someone say 2020? Count me in![Image]

Mad dog brings back memories. Kiwi for me please
CoeK21st Feb

Meh, i'm just repeating what i get told off my other half when i use the …Meh, i'm just repeating what i get told off my other half when i use the phrase 20/20.

Isn't it something to do with the distance? 20ft is 6 meters. 20/20 or 6/6 are literally the exact same thing. Its something like that anyway. I read it in the Bill Bryson book 'A Breif History of Almost Everything' IIRC.
Krooner1 h, 48 m ago

Isn't it something to do with the distance? 20ft is 6 meters. 20/20 or 6/6 …Isn't it something to do with the distance? 20ft is 6 meters. 20/20 or 6/6 are literally the exact same thing. Its something like that anyway. I read it in the Bill Bryson book 'A Breif History of Almost Everything' IIRC.

Pretty much. Size 6 text at 6 metres is "perfect vision"
CoeK27 m ago

Pretty much. Size 6 text at 6 metres is "perfect vision"

You've saved me having to go and find the book.
@cabbage Regarding your titled question, absolute max. SDHC is 32GB, capacity achieved already many years' ago; 64 TB SDHC is impossible.

Absolute max. SDXC is 2 TB, capacity to be achieved soon as we are at 1 TB; 64 TB SXDC is impossible.

There is no known specification beyond SXDC that I could find on the net, but chances are that SD memory as a technology will be defunct way before 2028 as faster scaleability is being researched for higher density and faster access controllers for artificial intelligence in devices. Even the Moore's Law projection to 2028 is not true because Moore's Law, with features as small as 10 nanometer, is defunct.
Edited by: "splender" 23rd Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants