65 inch TV wall mount

Posted 19th Dec 2019
Can anyone recommend a TV wall mount for my new 65 inch Tele that's going on hollow plaster wall?

I will be using gripper screws I've seen that will take the weight but some TV mounts advertise not to put on hollow dry wall.

any suggestions?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
What is the weight of the tv? It could be too heavy for a hollow plaster wall
Arto19/12/2019 13:45

What is the weight of the tv? It could be too heavy for a hollow plaster …What is the weight of the tv? It could be too heavy for a hollow plaster wall

20kg my friend, I have been worried about this, unsure if there is studs behind it.
rwebbz19/12/2019 13:49

20kg my friend, I have been worried about this, unsure if there is studs …20kg my friend, I have been worried about this, unsure if there is studs behind it.

All I can recommend is to try and find out where the wooden supports are in the wall and see if the bracket will fit nicely on them as they will give you so much more support. I really do not recommend mounting a tv on that type of wall especially one of that size
Studding should be at 600mm centres. Find 2 (or even 3) behind the TV and screw a piece of decent ply across the span, probably 18mm x 640/1240w x 600h to the studding using fastening that go through to the brick wall behind. Something like screwfix.com/p/f…560. And bolt the mount to the ply
ccnp19/12/2019 14:00

Studding should be at 600mm centres. Find 2 (or even 3) behind the TV and …Studding should be at 600mm centres. Find 2 (or even 3) behind the TV and screw a piece of decent ply across the span, probably 18mm x 640/1240w x 600h to the studding using fastening that go through to the brick wall behind. Something like https://www.screwfix.com/p/fischer-nylon-hammerfix-8-x-120mm-50-pack/90560. And bolt the mount to the ply

So apply the plywood over the top of the plaster board and screw in to the studs?
rwebbz19/12/2019 14:36

So apply the plywood over the top of the plaster board and screw in to the …So apply the plywood over the top of the plaster board and screw in to the studs?

Nah, that’s over kill. Just find the studs and screw directly into them. I’ve fitted a 65 inch Sony using only 2 10mm raw bolts in the past. No weight in these modern screens.
MadSkilzYo19/12/2019 15:34

Nah, that’s over kill. Just find the studs and screw directly into them. I …Nah, that’s over kill. Just find the studs and screw directly into them. I’ve fitted a 65 inch Sony using only 2 10mm raw bolts in the past. No weight in these modern screens.

It's going on the wall where the studs are under the stairs, guess I need get a stud finding, chances of the mounting the TV central though using the studs must be short?!
rwebbz19/12/2019 15:37

It's going on the wall where the studs are under the stairs, guess I need …It's going on the wall where the studs are under the stairs, guess I need get a stud finding, chances of the mounting the TV central though using the studs must be short?!

Depends on your bracket.
If you can’t get it central by sliding it across the rail, you may have to use the plywood method.
I’ve currently got a 42inch on stud wall. Only 1 stud, in the centre of the bracket, and plasterboard fixings at the edge. Like I said, not much weight in these modern panels.
Edited by: "MadSkilzYo" 19th Dec 2019
You can use Toggle Bolts if it's 20kg, will hold easily. I think these hold way more than 20kg.
Ciderer19/12/2019 15:54

You can use Toggle Bolts if it's 20kg, will hold easily. I think these …You can use Toggle Bolts if it's 20kg, will hold easily. I think these hold way more than 20kg.

Have you got a link?
No I haven't sorry, but just google them and you will see they sell in toolstation, screwfix, amazon etc. I'm sure they will have something about them on youtube too. You can also checkout reviews for peace of mind.
Edited by: "Ciderer" 19th Dec 2019
Just looked on youtube lots there. Just search something like fixing tv to plasterboard wall.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions