7 days free car insurance

Found 29th May 2011
Hiya guys, does anybody know of any companies that do 7 days free insurance that I can fill in online (everywhere shut today)

Thank you

34 Comments

You'll be lucky lol. Guessing you mean car. NU used to have a deal with ebay but afaik you can only get it now from a participating dealer.

Original Poster

Shengis

You'll be lucky lol. Guessing you mean car. NU used to have a deal with … You'll be lucky lol. Guessing you mean car. NU used to have a deal with ebay but afaik you can only get it now from a participating dealer.

Yh car, thought I put that in the title, soz, I know Ford have a 7 day insurance but its closed!!

Well they're not going to give it to you free unless you buy the car from them lol.

whatsThePoint

Any company will do it free for a week, you just buy it online and then … Any company will do it free for a week, you just buy it online and then cancel under distance selling rules

You can cancel within 14 days but they can charge for those 14 days so not free

whatsThePoint

I've canceled twice after finding better but i've never been charged, … I've canceled twice after finding better but i've never been charged, guess your just a bad risk

Lol. Just saying they can legally charge you if they want to.

Original Poster

Well Im in a pickle...

I need to renew for the year, but dont get paid until the 31st and desperately need to use my car tomorrow, and Im thinking they will try and take the deposit at least today or tomorrow....

Banned

Shengis

Lol. Just saying they can legally charge you if they want to.

They don't charge for the time you are insured, they aren't allowed to under the distance selling regulations. But they will charge you an administration fee of £40 lol.

Banned

*katie*

I need to renew for the year, but dont get paid until the 31st and … I need to renew for the year, but dont get paid until the 31st and desperately need to use my car tomorrow, and Im thinking they will try and take the deposit at least today or tomorrow....

Lets not beat around the bush, you're going to drive uninsured aren't you.

edit: surely you must have a friend that drives or someone on here could offer you a lift?

Edited by: "lumoruk" 29th May 2011

Original Poster

lumoruk

Lets not beat around the bush, you're going to drive uninsured aren't … Lets not beat around the bush, you're going to drive uninsured aren't you.edit: surely you must have a friend that drives or someone on here could offer you a lift?

Nah I wouldn't of asked for advice if I was going to drive uninsured and yeah course but its a 100 mile trek, I need my car!

Banned

*katie*

Nah I wouldn't of asked for advice if I was going to drive uninsured and … Nah I wouldn't of asked for advice if I was going to drive uninsured and yeah course but its a 100 mile trek, I need my car!

offer someone £40 then, you won't get 7 day free insurance unless you buy a car.

lumoruk

They don't charge for the time you are insured, they aren't allowed to … They don't charge for the time you are insured, they aren't allowed to under the distance selling regulations. But they will charge you an administration fee of £40 lol.

As an example....

https://motor.endsleigh.co.uk/resource/documents/FSAGeneralDisclosure.htm

Read 'about our services'. You've had the service therefore they can charge for it up till the point of termination. Whether they do or not is up to them.

dcx_badass

Do people really live this closely to having no money?

Hell yeah, a bloke I work with lives in his overdraft. Money gone before it's paid into the bank each week.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Do people really live this closely to having no money?

I'm only 21, I'm living my life whilst I'm young and before I have to move out!!

Do people really have nothing better to do than make pathetic comments, other people are suffering or dying and you think its acceptable to make judgements when you know nothing, maybe you need to get a life?

Original Poster

Shengis

Hell yeah, a bloke I work with lives in his overdraft. Money gone before … Hell yeah, a bloke I work with lives in his overdraft. Money gone before it's paid into the bank each week.

I don't even have a overdraft or I would use it.

*katie*

I don't even have a overdraft or I would use it.

Do you have a credit card or know someone's you can borrow to pay for it?

Original Poster

flyingflea

Do you have a credit card or know someone's you can borrow to pay for it?

Yeah but then surely because I pay monthly it will keep coming off their account?

Banned

So, what time am I picking u up?8)

Original Poster

Adnan786

So, what time am I picking u up?8)

Ha ha ha 9am suit you?

Banned

(_;)

Banned

If you pay monthly it will automatically renew and come off at the same time it did last month. Therefore you will be covered

You have no chance of 7 days free insurance not even from Ford unless you are buying a new car from them

What is it with people in here

Banned

whatsThePoint

Any company will do it free for a week, you just buy it online and then … Any company will do it free for a week, you just buy it online and then cancel under distance selling rules

and they charge for admin (about £50)! Typical bad advice again.

Original Poster

dimebars

If you pay monthly it will automatically renew and come off at the same … If you pay monthly it will automatically renew and come off at the same time it did last month. Therefore you will be coveredYou have no chance of 7 days free insurance not even from Ford unless you are buying a new car from themWhat is it with people in here

According from my letter from my previous insurers then I am definitely not insured now, they cannot take money from me when the contract has ended.

Banned

*katie*

Yeah but then surely because I pay monthly it will keep coming off their … Yeah but then surely because I pay monthly it will keep coming off their account?

If you can set up the direct debit/payment from somebody elses account surely you can change your payment details so further payments will come from your account?

Banned

I struggle to believe that you honestly thought you would be able to get 7 days free insurance without some form of commitment

Banned

just take out the insurance and say you want to pay by cheque!

Katie, couldnt you ask your mum if you could make your first payment on her card today and then set a dd with insurance from your bank acc for next month onwards and then when you get paid tomorow you pay your mum back ?

Original Poster

All done, my sister used her bank account to pay the deposit, cheers guys xx

If you need it in future, some companies (mind has gone blank as to which) allow you to insure a car for just a day or two and it doesn't cost too much.

moose109

If you need it in future, some companies (mind has gone blank as to … If you need it in future, some companies (mind has gone blank as to which) allow you to insure a car for just a day or two and it doesn't cost too much.

I tried that. Wanted £30 a day, a year was only about £300 from my normal insurer. Can we all say 'rip off'? oO

Original Poster

Shengis

I tried that. Wanted £30 a day, a year was only about £300 from my normal … I tried that. Wanted £30 a day, a year was only about £300 from my normal insurer. Can we all say 'rip off'? oO

I tried that too, was £33 for one day!! Crazy isn't it, I could hire a car for that for a day

Wow! I remember looking at it a few years back and it was just £7 a day, I'm not much older than you and I think it was with my MX-5 (yes I am straight before 'certain' members jump in).

greenmachine12

You could had just used http://www.aviva.co.uk/driveaway/

See post #1. You can only get that if the dealer has a deal with NU/Aviva as you need to supply a dealer ref and they send the docs to the dealer.

moose109

Wow! I remember looking at it a few years back and it was just £7 a day, … Wow! I remember looking at it a few years back and it was just £7 a day, I'm not much older than you and I think it was with my MX-5 (yes I am straight before 'certain' members jump in).

How much for a short back and sides.....
Post a comment
@
    Text